Lee Burge (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

not read through them all

i am same as i was last year whilst he our keeper. whilst we win i dont care. we can change back to rcc whenever

SkyBlue_Bear83

I really think people should hold off on the gloating till he's shown some consistency. If he can play at a high standard for the next 6 months then is the time to gloat. At the moment this reminds me of that time Shaun Jeffers scored a goal against us for peterborough and someone saying we should have kept him instead if wilson.

Reality is Burge has had very little to do since he's been back in the team. A few routine saves and catches, but he's done it all with very little fuss and confidence so fair play to him. Have no major complaints about his performances since he's been in the team this season.

trevelfarandwide

Going by highlights alone, I dunno, I sense Burge is more confident and focused? Seems to have got his head straight, finally. Before, he was doing the simple things badly, now it appears as though he's doing them considerably better, at least.

Grendel

He's a paid professional and has had a decent game for the first time in years.

He's also older than a lot of other players.

Ridiculous attention seeking tripe from Dongle.

letsallsingtogether

He's a paid professional and has had a decent game for the first time in years.

He's also older than a lot of other players.

Ridiculous attention seeking tripe from Dongle.
Could say that about a lot at the club.
Don't see what being older has to do with it?
There has been many a player who started off awesome and faded away with age.
Orhers like biddi have come back played well and so far has cemented his place in the team.
Shot happens

Winny the Bish

Glad that he's playing a bit better now. Hopefully it carries on. Just wish he'd stop blasting the ball out of play every time he kicks it.

Esoterica

He still reminds me too much of Barney Rubble, so for me BURGE OUT!
giphy.gif

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Previously, he worried me and his overall experience at lining up walls at free kicks, coming for crosses etc was very poor and misjudged.

Over the last few weeks, I think he has had some luck, he has made some good saves and overall, his coming and claiming for the ball has improved massively, much better than RCC.

Confidence in goalkeepers is fragile though and its how he deals with the mistake he will inevitably make and whether that knock him when coming to collect a cross etc.
I think he has given more assurance to the defence though and does talk to them more.

Lets hope he continues as clean sheets and winning games will do me nicely.

Grendel

*******Thread bump*********

(I await the shit for having the audacity to bump a thread. Crime of the century to some. I also withhold the right to not have this rebumped if Lee has a dip in form in the future)

Let's re-bump just for something to do.

He's a fucking nightmare.

skybluepm2

Worst keeper to ever play professionally in the universe ever.

Having watched the highlights, that first goal is even worse than I thought. He sort of just runs around for a bit as the ball comes in and doesn't even attempt to claim the cross or make a save! The throw out in the first half to our centre half when he had two men on him was like an error you used to make on FIFA 98. Ran out in no man's land in the second half before almost getting tackled near the end. Poor distribution, no notable saves, all round woeful performance.

lifeskyblue

I agree and think he has been better recently. Unfortunately today he had a mare and was back to his very worse.

PUSB

thekidfromstrettoncamp

His distribution is terrible at least he kept it one the pitch today but 2 times at least George Thomas was calling for a throw to him but he just would not as for his walkabouts as his wanting to take 1 more touch before clearing very lucky.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
from reading what ye were saying in the match thread burge has to go drop him let rcc take for rest season ship burge off to non league fucker stealing a wage!

steve82

Burge.... what the hell was he doing for the 1st. Highlights make him look worse, the 2nd a tame shot that he spilled as usual like for the corner he conceded for there 1st goal. Distribution poor. Has to be dropped!
* forgot the walk about episode when he didn't no if to stay or go... he went!

1966skyblue

Worst keeper to ever play professionally in the universe ever.

Having watched the highlights, that first goal is even worse than I thought. He sort of just runs around for a bit as the ball comes in and doesn't even attempt to claim the cross or make a save! The throw out in the first half to our centre half when he had two men on him was like an error you used to make on FIFA 98. Ran out in no man's land in the second half before almost getting tackled near the end. Poor distribution, no notable saves, all round woeful performance.
RCC must play after today.

Covstu

The back four need to have confidence in their keeper and he just doesn't breed that confidence. RCC doesn't really do that either but I think is the better option at the moment as a change is needed

PVA

Neither are good enough, but RCC was making a mistake every game when he was playing at the start of the season. Burge doesn't deserve to be dropped after one bad game.

Otis

The back four need to have confidence in their keeper and he just doesn't breed that confidence. RCC doesn't really do that either but I think is the better option at the moment as a change is needed
RCC is less dithery. Okay so he has a rush of blood to the head, but he at least tries to be commanding, whereas Burge often seems unsure of himself, to come or to go, or stay on his line.

Otis

Just seen the goals.

Where on earth was Lee Burge going for that first goal?

luwalla

my tuppence worth. I was a keeper, come from a family of keepers, and in my view RCC is a much safer bet. simple as that...

burge just looks too shaky & needs to build his confidence and not be a in a team that are struggling the way we are, as it makes him more prone to mistake. where as RCC seems to have a bit of a stronger mindset

then again what do I know, none of my family played professional...

PVA

Neither are good enough, but RCC was making a mistake every game when he was playing at the start of the season. Burge doesn't deserve to be dropped after one bad game.

Hmm worth a bump.

One absolute clanger today from RCC and probably should have prevented the first.

It's ridiculous how many goals and points he has cost us this year. Burge isn't much better, but at least he doesn't chuck one in his own net every week.

Otis

Hmm worth a bump.

One absolute clanger today from RCC and probably should have prevented the first.

It's ridiculous how many goals and points he has cost us this year. Burge isn't much better, but at least he doesn't chuck one in his own net every week.
RCC is better than Burge. Think most people agree on that.

Neither are good enough though at the moment to retain that jersey and we should have brought another keeper in.

Users who are viewing this thread