Lee Burge (3 Viewers)

ladywoodskyblue

Did anyone see the pitiful attempt Burge made to save the second Bradford goal? Just watched the replay and it should have easily been saved. RCC has to be the better option for now and the future.

Hadji's_Goatee

Did anyone see the pitiful attempt Burge made to save the second Bradford goal? Just watched the replay and it should have easily been saved. RCC has to be the better option for now and the future.
For the first goal why does Beavon let the ball go over his head without jumping? He could of easily got it?

oucho

Sounds to me like Burge's confidence is at rock bottom. I bet the other lad (RCC) is just as low.

mds

I was sat in block 16 and got to be honest from where i was i thought Burge actually had a decent game only let down by his kicking which wasnt as bad as it has been, it seemed more to me he was let down by those around him rather than his own failings, 1st goal just looked like a bunch of statues in defence, 2nd didnt look like he had much chance.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Burge at fault for both goals for sure, the first on the player is practically on the line as he converts it. Burge is lost as usual.

Second one Burge has gone down like someone deflated the air out of him.

Skyblueloyal

Burge is being let down by the defence very badly in a lot of games this season for the first half he did ok but second he was bloody awful never seems to comrade the area like Oggy did, but then again Oggy had his faults. RCC is slightly better but still not as good as we should have. I have been saying we should have a good keeper and build from there.

rupert_bear

No way was Burge at fault for the first goal, cross came in low and hard goalscorer was stood unmarked, firstly the guy who crosses the ball should have been closed down, probably by DKE if I remember correct, who actually had a decent game I thought, and the goal scorer marked tighter. Not sure re the second missed the build up but again their goal scorer seemed to be in too much space.
Having said the I think of the two RCC is better overall. Think we've had it now and would give the kid Corey Addai a game, he's 19 been sub a few times so would have been used had there been an injury or sending off. I know he's rated so why not.

Last edited:

ccfchoi87

No way was Burge at fault for the first goal, cross came in low and hard goalscorer was stood unmarked, firstly the guy who crosses the ball should have been closed down, probably by DKE if I remember correct, who actually had a decent game I thought, and the goal scorer marked tighter. Not sure re the second missed the build up but again their goal scorer seemed to be in too much space.
Having said the I think of the two RCC is better overall. Think we've had it now and would give the kid Corey Addai a game, he's 19 been sub a few times so would have been used had there been an injury or sending off. I know he's rated so why not.

It was a corner how could they close the crosser down? We put in 3 similar corners and Doyle claimed all 3 comfortably

chinamans view

I don't think we need a Keeper we have a good keeper in RCC, I think the keepers have been let down by the defence this season. we need a good RB that will stop crosses not DKN he is not good at that. Also make Harris a regular in defence and 2 forwards that can score goals, I want to see plenty of goals next season if I go up.

higgs

Time to get a new goalkeeping coach in if we win at Wembley in a few weeks does that mean burge and rcc will get contracts for life? It's bullshit the young keepers aren't progressing under oggy time to go my friend do the decent thing and hang up them gloves once and for all

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

skyblueeyesrevisited

Neither keeper is good enough. They are both relatively young for keepers. What bothers me is that they keep making the same mistakes. What coaching are they given? Surely a coach's job is to work on players weaknesses. When you look at the goals both came as a result of collective failure of the defence. To me you defend as a unit - goalkeeper and four defenders. For the first goal no one took responsibility. Every time we have lost this season our manager has said of the opposition 'they were well drilled' or words to that effect. Well isn't that the coaches job? We had no one on the back post for the corner. Yet we had no one up for the break away. On another point - throw ins. We can't take them and we can't defend them. Their left back took every throw short to feet to a man 2 yards away who returned the ball and they were away. We on other hand took every one down the line at head height and lost possession everyone. Again down to lack of coaching.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Ah, how I've missed a thread about our goalkeepers :D

I agree with AFC. Absolutely our number on priority in the summer needs to be a keeper. In addition to a striker but I can't face another season with Burge and RCC competing for the number 1 spot so put a GK ahead of a striker right now!

Captain Dart

steve82

Burge is poor and been lucky to get the amount of appearances he has for ccfc. I believe there is more development in RCC to come where as Burge I feel is at his best.
His best is national league North
I feel it's time we went down the route of a seasoned goalkeeper now who's 6'3ish. Someone who's learned the game and disciplined already.
You only need to look at the two keepers yesterday, one glided out confidently to claim everything in and around his box and importantly the 6 yard box, the other let's his switched off defenders marking shadows deal with a ball on the edge of the 6 yard box to volley home at waist height.
All keepers should be looking to take the ball in the air 6 yards out!
Not our Lee "lead boots" Burge, at fault many times this season for this, 3pts at Peterborough too

letsallsingtogether

Burge is poor and been lucky to get the amount of appearances he has for ccfc. I believe there is more development in RCC to come where as Burge I feel is at his best.
His best is national league North
I feel it's time we went down the route of a seasoned goalkeeper now who's 6'3ish. Someone who's learned the game and disciplined already.
You only need to look at the two keepers yesterday, one glided out confidently to claim everything in and around his box and importantly the 6 yard box, the other let's his switched off defenders marking shadows deal with a ball on the edge of the 6 yard box to volley home at waist height.
All keepers should be looking to take the ball in the air 6 yards out!
Not our Lee "lead boots" Burge, at fault many times this season for this, 3pts at Peterborough too
I believe they are both as good as they will get can't see any differance between the two of them get rid of both let's start afresh.
They have both had a chance.

lifeskyblue

Yes burge could have done better with both...perhaps should have come for first and shouldn't have gone down early for second. But at the corner no defender moved or challenged and with the second Clarke sold himself, and the winger was left open and in space. For me burge could have done better with both but it was defenders at fault.

PUSB

Otis

Yes burge could have done better with both...perhaps should have come for first and shouldn't have gone down early for second. But at the corner no defender moved or challenged and with the second Clarke sold himself, and the winger was left open and in space. For me burge could have done better with both but it was defenders at fault.

PUSB
Why highlight just Clarke? I thought Stokes was more to blame. Let the opposition player get the wrong side of him. It was a collective thing.

Would definitely put the error more down to Burge than the defence, even though the defence contributed.

It didn't look at all like a difficult save to make.

Users who are viewing this thread