Legacy Fund Update (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Just a reminder, everybody get involved if they can. It's for a great cause!

The Legacy Fund will:
  • Provide activities for children and adults with disabilities (through activities run by SBitC)
  • Provide opportunities for disadvantaged children and young people in Coventry and Warwickshire (delivered by SBitC)
  • Support and increase the activities on match days in the Sky Blues Family Zone (run by volunteers)
  • Provide small grant awards to local voluntary and community organisations
https://www.tifosy.com/en/campaigns/do-your-bit-for-the-jimmy-hill-legacy-fund

Currently at 43 backers over a couple of months, Cheltenham Town launched one this morning to buy a new screen for the stadium and they have had 59 :( Bradford had one for a screen and to upgrade the changing rooms and got 2091 donations!!

If you haven't, get involved. :) Ideal Christmas presents too. Forward it on, the kids playing 5 aside on the pitch is a great present for Christmas as well!

Put the politics to the side!

Last edited:

chiefdave

Have to say 43 is a very poor effort by our fans. You even get something for donating, if you choose to have a reward. Even if you don't want a reward you get a certificate of thanks emailed to you.
Portsmouth got 5494 backers and they were giving rewards like a virtual square of the academy pitch.

letsallsingtogether

Just Donated will also post it on Coventry face book page when I get home struggling to do it on my phone.
Nick have you thought of getting donations from outside the ground.
I am willing to give some time if others will help out.
Need to contact the club and fundraisers first though.

Nick

Administrator
Just Donated will also post it on Coventry face book page when I get home struggling to do it on my phone.
Nick have you thought of getting donations from outside the ground.
I am will to give some time if others will help out.
Need to contact the club and fundraisers first though.
I don't have a license, and it would need to be through sbitc for the gifts and certificate. :(

letsallsingtogether

I don't have a license, and it would need to be through sbitc for the gifts and certificate. :(
Thats why I said get in touch with them maybe they have all the relivant stuff, but just need the volunteers.
Don't need to give out any gifts I am sure most people can afford 50p or a quid.

martcov

Have to say 43 is a very poor effort by our fans. You even get something for donating, if you choose to have a reward. Even if you don't want a reward you get a certificate of thanks emailed to you.
Portsmouth got 5494 backers and they were giving rewards like a virtual square of the academy pitch.

Yes amazing- in the negative sense. I sponsored ( only 20€ ) for a virtual square of a pitch for a club in Tartu Estonia. I know the family of one of the academy there and thought the idea was good. You can sponsor for various amounts according to the position of the square. Penalty spot costs more than on the edge of the pitch as an example. I also donated for the JH Legacy fund. I would have thought that it was an obvious thing to do in our case.

Rusty Trombone

The £50 to get your child playing a 5 a-side game on the pitch at half time is good, you even get an adult and child match ticket included. If my lad fancies it I'll get one of those. Only 2 out of 20 places have been taken, I can only assume that not enough people have seen the offer.

idm1975

The £50 to get your child playing a 5 a-side game on the pitch at half time is good, you even get an adult and child match ticket included. If my lad fancies it I'll get one of those. Only 2 out of 20 places have been taken, I can only assume that not enough people have seen the offer.
Thats my 2 boys, and it is a great offer. Ticket to the game and the 2 herberts get to play on the pitch, happy days!

chiefdave

Has this years team photo been taken yet? One thing Pompey did was you could have a photo taken with you as part of the team photo. Can imagine you'd get some interest in something like that.

SkyBlueScottie

Thats a great idea, a proper keepsake.it could all done in a day, front and centre on a chair, it would take about a minute for each child.

Rusty Trombone

Thats my 2 boys, and it is a great offer. Ticket to the game and the 2 herberts get to play on the pitch, happy days!
Have they said which game they get to play at? I'll be missing the 2nd Jan game, so hopefully not that one. The boy is dead keen, wants to prove to his sister that he's not rubbish.

Ian1779

Didn't they have someone officially nominated as squad number 12 or something similar a few seasons ago now. Could sell a squad number for the season for charity and they be named in every programme - even get a kit from club with name/number

Rusty Trombone

Didn't they have someone officially nominated as squad number 12 or something similar a few seasons ago now. Could sell a squad number for the season for charity and they be named in every programme - even get a kit from club with name/number
I think most recently they did it as part of a raffle prize for people that bought season tickets whilst at Northampton.

chiefdave

Is there any way to suggest extra things that might sell well?

Assume they've having a legends day this year, thought maybe get some retro shirts from the club shop and get all the legends to sign them. I'd definitely buy one of them, would look great framed.

If they were quick they could get Hucks and Dion to sign them when they're up here in December.

Nick

Administrator
I did have an email address and suggested about scarves.

I'm happy to put some emails over to them with suggestions :) Ill send them over to them!

Nick

Administrator
Honestly can't see the issue with them saying that people can buy a football, people can buy a signed shirt and it all goes to charity.

It's not fair to use politics and agendas against things like this, Christ it's one of the only things we can agree on on here that it's a great cause.

It is quite telling that CCFC Community liked me asking them....

Last edited:

chiefdave

Not sure he can claim it needs something new when the CT is full of a endless string on 'in case you missed it', 'five things we learnt' and 'readers react' pieces.

Users who are viewing this thread