Legacy Fund Update (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator

Actually feel a bit embarassed for them. Trying to stick up because Gilbert for asked a tricky question.

chiefdave

That's mental, because you suggest the local paper should cover a story you must stand to personally gain from it.

Nick

Administrator

Even stranger considering I try hard to promote them even if people wont listen.

Something doesn't sit right.

Last edited:

idm1975

Actually feel a bit embarassed for them. Trying to stick up because Gilbert for asked a tricky question.

Thats just plain bonkers, its local charity supporting local people. What dont they get about that??

Nick

Administrator
Thats just plain bonkers, its local charity supporting local people. What dont they get about that??

Because it is something with the CCFC badge on thats actually good.

It is weird that people are so against it, it seems.

Nick

Administrator

And another.

Is it actually divisive for trying to get others to help give it a push to stop it from getting ignored because of politics?

idm1975

Fucking morons! Politics have nothing to do with a local charity. Its not sisu its not wasps its not council its a registered charity which supports the community. How dare you Nick!

Nick

Administrator
Fucking morons! Politics have nothing to do with a local charity. Its not sisu its not wasps its not council its a registered charity which supports the community. How dare you Nick!

Thats the point I am trying to make but gets missed it all.

This isn't Tim Fisher, Lucas or anybody else. You only have to see that this is one of the only things everybody agrees on on here.

Talk about politics nobody agrees, somebody posts a pic of a young sky blue fan happy with the players like a dream has come true and it's different.

As it's a CCFC charity of course it's obvious to back it, if I ran a dog website I'd push the dogs trust...

letsallsingtogether

Cheers! Its what I mean by something that can encourage unity!
Doubt it Nick.
158 views only 51 replies from about 10 users.
People don't care that is why they are to embarrassed to comment on this thread.
Sorry if it upsets some people but that is the truth.

Last edited:

martcov

Dobut it Nick.
158 views only 51 replies from about 10 users.
People don't care that is why they are to embarrassed to comment on this thread.
Sorry if it upsets some people but that is the truth.

Maybe the title is too nondescript? Perhaps ' JH Legacy Fund donors collect prizes as a thank you from the fund and the club ' ? I don't know why no one seems interested, but just feel that the thread title doesn't mean much ( unless you are already aware that there is such a thing as the fund ) especially as it has been around a few days now.

letsallsingtogether

Maybe the title is too nondescript? Perhaps ' JH Legacy Fund donors collect prizes as a thank you from the fund and the club ' ? I don't know why no one seems interested, but just feel that the thread title doesn't mean much ( unless you are already aware that there is such a thing as the fund ) especially as it has been around a few days now.
But people have read the thread but can't or won't bother to click on the link that then helps them donate.
Must be easy even I managed it.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Might not agree with some of the stuff you put on here Nick but I can not see anything other on this, than you promoting a damn good cause. Also you have a permanent separate SBITC thread again positive promotion of a good cause. Perhaps if those criticising devoted the same energy promoting the Legacy Fund and SBITC more disadvantaged people & kids could be helped with the money raised. Find the criticism ridiculous.

Find the CT attitude strange too. Simon Gilbert daily promotes his book on twitter surely not difficult to promote the Legacy fund, surely Les Reid could do more too

Donation made. Waiting for the pin and wrist band to arrive.

SkyBlueCharlie

Might not agree with some of the stuff you put on here Nick but I can not see anything other on this, than you promoting a damn good cause. Also you have a permanent separate SBITC thread again positive promotion of a good cause. Perhaps if those criticising devoted the same energy promoting the Legacy Fund and SBITC more disadvantaged people & kids could be helped with the money raised. Find the criticism ridiculous.

Find the CT attitude strange too. Simon Gilbert daily promotes his book on twitter surely not difficult to promote the Legacy fund, surely Les Reid could do more too

Couldn't have said any better....great post!

Nick

Administrator

Thanks, not sure why the CT have that attitude. Today they are promoting a bloke from big brother about 10 years ago's cleaning business because he is getting his hair cut in Nuneaton but refuse to mention this.

I don't think any CCFC fan can argue with this, just need to take a look at the kids playing Connect 4 or table football before a game to see that it does make a difference and it does make matchdays better for the kids.

Cov News Service have said if I can write them an article they will post it, so will do that at some point this week :)

I'm not personally a fan of those wristbands, but the pin badge might be ok if somebody has clothes they can pin it too. Has to be a blazer or something!

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Donated, its the right thing to do, anything that can help with the Children and people can afford it then its a good thing, I remember my first pop and crisps as a child under JH initiative.

MickM

Received badge and pin (something else for the granddaughter), Nick have you seen the update on the Sky Blues Trust site about Simon Gilbert donating 10% of any of his book sales on the night of the next open meeting, pity it wasn't 10% of all sales.

Nick

Administrator
Received badge and pin (something else for the granddaughter), Nick have you seen the update on the Sky Blues Trust site about Simon Gilbert donating 10% of any his book sales on the night of the next open meeting, pity it wasn't 10% of all sales.
Yes, there was a thread. The same book was 30% off. Can leave people to get excited about it.

But let's not let the pr / sales stunt ruin a nice thread :)

NorthernWisdom

Received badge and pin (something else for the granddaughter), Nick have you seen the update on the Sky Blues Trust site about Simon Gilbert donating 10% of any of his book sales on the night of the next open meeting, pity it wasn't 10% of all sales.

giphy.gif
image.php

Nick

Administrator
Playing devils advocate a little bit, but isn't Mr Lego donating 10% of a full price book better than donating 10% of a book with 30% off?

Of course, I hope it raises as much as possible! My point is just that if it was on sale at 30% off it kind if ruins the gesture, but any donation is decent.

Astute

Only just seen what has been going on with this thread. What a joke.

I can't see how anyone can defend the CET after this. It is plain to see that they have an agenda and they don't care about anything else.

Nick

Administrator
Think it was Wycombe who kept showing on their score board something similar and they had tons of fans getting involved and had raised over £400k from it.
Cheltenham have been hammering one and raised loads as well. :( to buy a score board.

Users who are viewing this thread