Leicester (2 Viewers)

chiefdave

Very nice but will all of them be at the club next year? Is the national job available in Italy?

Will be interesting to see what happens. Annoyed me that after Southampton had a great season half their team left, hopefully the same doesn't happen. Someone like Vardy is better off staying, do that and he'll be seen as one of their biggest legends of all time. Move to Man City for example and he'll be on the bench half the time at best.

clint van damme

Are they? Why? Because they're up the M69? When did we last even play them? Got to be over 4 years ago? Embarrassing to still try to claim to be rivals with someone ~50 league places above us who we haven't played for years.

of course they're our rivals! It may not be Boca Juniors v River Plate but it's still a rivalry. Plenty of bad blood over the years.

The pitch invasion at HR IN 84.
The return at Filbert St was mayhem.
The City Arms. Just a few incidents.

Just because we haven't played them the rivalry still exists.

And as others have stated, it's a lot more intense with their supporters from Nuneaton/Hinkley etc than their support actually from Leicester. However they still don't like us, I worked there for 7 months and got plenty of stick albeit good natured.

Brighton Sky Blue

What's annoying, apart from completely OTT coverage today (can't wait for the news tonight), is the claim its the best ever achievement in football. Is it fuck, Win the European cup 2 years on the spin like forest did then I'll concede it'd be up there.

You also have Deportivo and Kaiserslautern who won the Spanish and German leagues right after being promoted, in the late 90s. A more recent example is Montpellier who won the French title in 2010 and were on a peanuts budget compared to PSG/Lyon etc.

This sort of thing does happen on the continent a bit more often.

R

RB1992

I think what Leicester have achieved this season has been incredible and great for the sport, I for one am chuffed to bits for them, if not a tad jealous. One can dream.

SkyblueBazza

Doesn't really bother me they won but I'm getting annoyed already with how its being made out they had a bunch of nobodies. They've spent a fortune!
By most football club standards they have. It did make me titter that apparently Man Utd have spent more in the last 2 seasons on players than Leicester have in their entire 130yr history though

...onwards & upwards PUSB

SkyblueBazza

Couldn't agree more in many respects. I live out this way in LE10 and can echo that if Cov had any success at all they would hate it. On the night of our glorious day in 1987 I came back to Hinckley with a few mates and went to a pub in town which had turned into a meeting place that night for celebrating Sky Blues, Leicester fans came in and caused trouble, they couldn't stand it. The Leicester fans in Leicester itself are a different proposition and are generally a better bunch but the hordes in SW Leics and some in Nuneaton despise us ! Fuck 'em !
SOME being the operative word. When we won the cup there were many people from many clubs that were chuffed to bits for us.
And I am chuffed for the Foxes.

SkyblueBazza

Imagine driving past these with our players on :(

ChPOmaiXEAEA0aS.jpg:large
I think it is called pride.

We have snide.

SkyblueBazza

Very nice but will all of them be at the club next year? Is the national job available in Italy?

I have had a bit of stick today working in Leicester but not too bad
The adulation might actually bring about a degree of loyalty. Anyone joining them will be inspired by the general passion around the city at present...& those almost written off by other clubs as 'not up to standard' may want to go there with a point to prove.

Maybe we haven't seen the last of Leicester yet!?

SkyblueBazza

What's annoying, apart from completely OTT coverage today (can't wait for the news tonight), is the claim its the best ever achievement in football. Is it fuck, Win the European cup 2 years on the spin like forest did then I'll concede it'd be up there.
Different era...fewer truly dominant clubs back in the day...and different rules & probably less disparity in funding budgets.
I agree with your sentiment...but just imagine the coverage when Liverpool win it again. THAT will be nauseating imo.
The media will milk this for all it is worth short-term...then the Euros will be along. When Liverpool win it again it will be rammed down our throats for at least a whole season.

Terry Gibson's perm

The adulation might actually bring about a degree of loyalty. Anyone joining them will be inspired by the general passion around the city at present...& those almost written off by other clubs as 'not up to standard' may want to go there with a point to prove.

Maybe we haven't seen the last of Leicester yet!?

money will talk in the end

Terry Gibson's perm

Different era...fewer truly dominant clubs back in the day...and different rules & probably less disparity in funding budgets.
I agree with your sentiment...but just imagine the coverage when Liverpool win it again. THAT will be nauseating imo.
The media will milk this for all it is worth short-term...then the Euros will be along. When Liverpool win it again it will be rammed down our throats for at least a whole season.

what is needed now is a England euro win and all this Leicester stuff will be forgotten

speedie87

I wonder if the lads who effectively got Pearson the sack for their antics with the Thai birds on the end of season tour are claiming assists for this season

jimmyhillsfanclub

One of my Evertonian mates has just sold his ticket for Leicester v Everton for £300 !!

......hes a very happy bunny....

Changeyourface

You're embarrassing with silly pretensions that they don't give a shit about us. It's still a very strong football rivalry in certain parts of the border areas with Warks/Leics. Over a period of perhaps 40 years both Cov and Leicester Firms dropped by Hinckley regularly to cause mayhem in the pubs. Kids like me grew up here, proud of a Coventry heritage with parents who came here and could take advantage of free buses laid on to the car factories etc but we were singled out by the majority Leicester locals and it often wasn't just friendly rivalry ! I have many 'Leicester supporting mates' but there will always be a small divide between their friendship with me and with their other friends of a Royal Blue persuasion. If you haven't lived with it then I guess you wouldn't know.

Thing is most of us don't live in Hinckley therefore couldn't give a shit about Leicester, I don't even think I've ever met a Leicester fan. Fair play to them for what they've achieved and hope they and a few more of the smaller teams can achieve similar next year, sick of football being dominated by the same few clubs.

Hugh Jarse

Thing is most of us don't live in Hinckley therefore couldn't give a shit about Leicester, I don't even think I've ever met a Leicester fan.

You'll certainly meet one or two hundred die hard for life Fester fans now, believe me!

rondog1973

You'll certainly meet one or two hundred die hard for life Fester fans now, believe me!
Went to a job interview today in Whetstone. Said to the guy doing the interview that I thought everyone here would be hungover today. The guy was a Scot and a Rangers fan and said he was sick of all the bandwagonism, telling me you 'would not believe' the amount of Man Utd/Liverpool/Arsenal plastics who were now 'diehard' Leicester fans.

Terry Gibson's perm

Went to a job interview today in Whetstone. Said to the guy doing the interview that I thought everyone here would be hungover today. The guy was a Scot and a Rangers fan and said he was sick of all the bandwagonism, telling me you 'would not believe' the amount of Man Utd/Liverpool/Arsenal plastics who were now 'diehard' Leicester fans.

thats where I work

Terry Gibson's perm

Rooney never scores in major tournaments. He shouldn't even be on the pitch.

He will be on the pitch as Roy likes him in the side, I honestly believe that if he had picked 10 and had to choose Vardy or Rooney he would go Rooney, I am not saying I agree just a thought

eastwoodsdustman

How about this for loyalty. Seasons not even over yet!

Algeria forward Mahrez, 25, won the PFA Player of the Year award after scoring 17 goals and 11 assists.
However, his agent Kamel Bengougam says it is "50/50 at the moment whether he stays or goes".
"We have interest from the UK and overseas," he added.

Sick Boy

Haha I know an Arsenal fan from Leicester who all of a sudden started messaging me celebrating 'their' win.

Users who are viewing this thread