Leon Best backs fellow strikers (2 Viewers)

Coventry La La La

Leon-Best_2497072.jpg
Magpies forward says team-mates can take opportunities

Newcastle striker Leon Best is confident the remaining forwards at the club can step up to the plate following the departure of Andy Carroll.

Republic of Ireland international Best, 24, is set for more playing time this season after Carroll agreed a deadline-day switch to Liverpool for a whopping £35million.
Best and team-mate Shola Ameobi now have to shoulder the goalscoring burden while youngster Nile Ranger and Peter Lovenkrands are also in with a shout of regular action.

Best, who netted a hat-trick against West Ham last month but has yet to add to his tally, has revealed that boss Alan Pardew has been looking to create partnerships in training.
"The manager does like to work on things and he did a bit extra with me and Shola at the end of training," he told the Evening Chronicle.

"It's good. It brings me and Shola together on and off the field."
On working with his fellow strikers, Best added: "It's good working with Shola, he can change a game at any time - as can all of the strikers.

"They are all different in their own way. I played with Pete when I got my hat-trick and with Shola at Sunderland.

"It's a pleasure playing with any of them."
Newcastle take on Fulham on Wednesday night hoping to earn their first victory since the Hammers thrashing on 5th January.

Since then they have lost to Stevenage in the FA Cup while also drawing with Tottenham and Sunderland.
Carroll's absence it sure to be noticed on Tyneside, with the England international scoring 11 times in 19 Premier League appearances this season.

Users who are viewing this thread