Let it go (1 Viewer)

Norman Binns

This is not the football club that I recognise or feel any affinity to. The heart and soul of the club went when we left Highfield Road but the club’s death warrant was effectively signed when SISU took over. It took me a long time to realise that but I like thousands of others have come to accept that.

This isn’t so much a football but more a vehicle for SISU to achieve their commercial objectives. Objectives that have failed, are failing and will continue to fail until the day comes when they will finally throw in the towel and along with it this sham of a football club.

There is no expectation, optimism or hope and without hope there is nothing. For me and for many others, it is better for the club to die now and start again rather than prolong the slow, painful inevitable death.

I expect I’ll get a lot of flak and abuse for saying that, but those that claim SISU will sell up one day and we’ll have new owners are frankly living in cloud cuckoo land. It’s wishful thinking and fanciful. What is there to sell?

I no longer have any real interest in “CCFC” results and feel no sense of disappointment when “CCFC” lose. Nowadays I just have a fleeting interest in any developments in the club and its fortunes– and I use the word fortune loosely.

I’m not even remotely interested in going to Wembley, instead I’ll be watching Cov rugby as usual the day before. A team that as a Coventrian, I feel great affinity to and sense of pride, pride that is reciprocal when week in week out the players give 100% effort and commitment for the badge. Sadly, the same cannot be said for the football club.

The real CCFC no longer exists, let it go.

hill83

For me, the day the club ends is the day it ends for me. I wouldn't be on board with a new club. It just wouldn't be my club.

And as I get older, if a new club does ever happen I would actively dislike any of their fans. Not intentionally but I can feel the dislike already and it's purely hypothetical at the moment.

georgehudson

Well said NB, the addendum i'd add is, imho, that the conceited, smug, self congratulatory bigots, at the FA & FL ought to be brought to book to govern & regulate football in a right & proper manner. This, so as, not to allow 'filth' like our current owners to have anything to do with a football club ever again.

Bob Latchford

This is not the football club that I recognise or feel any affinity to. The heart and soul of the club went when we left Highfield Road but the club’s death warrant was effectively signed when SISU took over. It took me a long time to realise that but I like thousands of others have come to accept that.

This isn’t so much a football but more a vehicle for SISU to achieve their commercial objectives. Objectives that have failed, are failing and will continue to fail until the day comes when they will finally throw in the towel and along with it this sham of a football club.

There is no expectation, optimism or hope and without hope there is nothing. For me and for many others, it is better for the club to die now and start again rather than prolong the slow, painful inevitable death.

I expect I’ll get a lot of flak and abuse for saying that, but those that claim SISU will sell up one day and we’ll have new owners are frankly living in cloud cuckoo land. It’s wishful thinking and fanciful. What is there to sell?

I no longer have any real interest in “CCFC” results and feel no sense of disappointment when “CCFC” lose. Nowadays I just have a fleeting interest in any developments in the club and its fortunes– and I use the word fortune loosely.

I’m not even remotely interested in going to Wembley, instead I’ll be watching Cov rugby as usual the day before. A team that as a Coventrian, I feel great affinity to and sense of pride, pride that is reciprocal when week in week out the players give 100% effort and commitment for the badge. Sadly, the same cannot be said for the football club.

Hard to stomach what you've wrote . however , facts are facts ! and you're spot on .

Norman Binns

you've no longer any interest in CCFC and you've come on a CCFC message board to tell those that have that they shouldn't?

You're a special sort of stupid.
Clearly you didn't fully read my post. You are that special type of cretin that will be delusional to the end, along with that dribbling cabbage Grendel.

Last edited:

Grendel

Clearly you didn't fully read my post. You are the type of cretin that will be delusional to the end, along with that dribbling cabbage Grendel.

It has ended hasn't it? We are dead. Better tell those going to Bury - game off chaps - Norman has discovered a carcass in the back garden and its CCFC.

clint van damme

Clearly you didn't fully read my post. You are the type of cretin that will be delusional to the end, along with that dribbling cabbage Grendel.

I read your post, you're a cretin.
I'm not deluded, the clubs in the shit, that's why you abandoned it, not sure why you feel the need to tell everyone they should as well.
At least you abandoned it for CRFC and not wasps, I'll give you that.
Anyone who wants CCFC to die is not a CCFC supporter and never has been.

D

Deleted member 2477

you've no longer any interest in CCFC and you've come on a CCFC message board to tell those that have that they shouldn't?

You're a special sort of stupid.
Hes just expressing his thoughts. Surely thats what a forum is for.
Unless your one of the few like you and grendel then hes said what the majority of us now feel about our club.

Despite having a st again this season ive missed as many games as ive attended this season. There is no excitement, no entertainment or hope left and the club is not the club ive supported for 40 years.

Whats the point of going to watch a team that you know will never win anything or challenge for anything. There is no attachment to players or heros that fans idalise like the days of huckerby, regis, bennet etc.
Every season we start with a brand new team made up of loans and has beens that is like watching another club because no one knows them or gets attached to because we know they will be gone come the end of the season.

Any youth players that come through that you can at least call our own are sold.
I agree with the op this club isnt a club is support anymore from the top to the bottom

clint van damme

Unless your one of the few like you and grendel then hes said what the majority of us now feel about our club.

Despite having a st again this season ive missed as many games as ive attended this season. There is no excitement, no entertainment or hope left and the club is not the club ive supported for 40 years.

Whats the point of going to watch a team that you know will never win anything or challenge for anything. There is no attachment to players or heros that fans idalise like the days of huckerby, regis, bennet etc.
Every season we start with a brand new team made up of loans and has beens that is like watching another club because no one knows them or gets attached to because we know they will be gone come the end of the season.

Any youth players that come through that you can at least call our own are sold.
I agree with the op this club isnt a club is support anymore from the top to the bottom

I'm sick of people who've given up on the club telling others they should do the same. I'm sick of people saying the club should be allowed to die.
He says he supports CRFC, imagine if I went on their forum telling them they shouldn't be watching rugby, I can imagine the response I'd get a rightly so.

I also struggle to see how people confuse sticking by the club with being happy with it's current plight, nothing could be further from the truth, I'm as pissed of as anyone but I'm not going to abandon them and if I do have a change of heart I won't be coming on here telling others they should do the same.

NortonSkyBlue

how the fuck did we win two world wars with the backbone of some people on here? (Unless your ancestors were German then it would be logical)
Call it as it is by all means but throw in the towel?never!
"We'll fight til the game is won!" Sound familiar?
Yes it's shit, yes it horrible to watch, yes it's depressing but it's our club and we shouldn't abandon it because we have shit owners.

skybluedan

aint there a thread where people who want us gone or don't care anymore can put there gloom ?
Think these numerous threads I'm giving up or don't care anymore are getting a bit boring now
Everyone's depressed and shit and they just don't help
No offence norm intended

st john

how the fuck did we win two world wars with the backbone of some people on here? (Unless your ancestors were German then it would be logical)
Call it as it is by all means but throw in the towel?never!
"We'll fight til the game is won!" Sound familiar?
Yes it's shit, yes it horrible to watch, yes it's depressing but it's our club and we shouldn't abandon it because we have shit owners.
Wish I could give you a double like for that post

rob9872

IF we do actually die, then rather than supporting another club we should all actively disrupt other games up and down the land to show our complete and utter disdain for what the FL have done to us. Won't matter if we get banned at that stage. Pick a game all turn up and systematically fk up games with maximum publicity.

rob9872

In fact perhaps we should do that anyhow!

st john

There was a thread on here the other day about how many clubs have gone from the premiership (or old L1) to L2 and back again. I was surprised how many there have been. I'm sure each and every fan felt despondent at the bottom of their club's cycle and that's understandable. And yes I know they didn't have Sisu as owners, and in most if not all cases, they owned their ground. But anything can happen. The club is not dead yet.

clint van damme

aint there a thread where people who want us gone or don't care anymore can put there gloom ?
Think these numerous threads I'm giving up or don't care anymore are getting a bit boring now
Everyone's depressed and shit and they just don't help
No offence norm intended

They should have their own forum mate, then we wouldn't have to listen to their gibberish and they can spout their shite to like minded arseholers.

NortonSkyBlue

IF we do actually die, then rather than supporting another club we should all actively disrupt other games up and down the land to show our complete and utter disdain for what the FL have done to us. Won't matter if we get banned at that stage. Pick a game all turn up and systematically fk up games with maximum publicity.
Sorry Rob, I am giggling to myself(with you, not at you)
So some are saying no to paying to see the club they support but should pay to watch another club?
Picking myself off the floor.
You then say disrupt somebody else's game, what would happen if a goal was scored whilst the protest was on?
On which forum could Nick complain about the protest if we no longer existed?
You haven't thought this through have you?

Chipfat

Everyone has the right to an opinion even if you don't agree. But the first reaction to a different opinion is to ridicule then you shut down any debate or conversation. Instead of calling the OP names, explain why he should still go, have hope, support the club, you never know you may change his mind. But call him a cretin he rightly turns his back and mind off to any possibility you type or air.

The OP is no doubt a fan who is frustrated and has aired his view on a place it should be welcomed. Where else can he speak his mind about the club. Sadly he is not alone in his thoughts, thousands have walked away and until they see change or have hope of change they will decide to pick the days out they want.

The OP feels that his support does not effect or mean any changes for the club, that I understand, may be others should see the same and except he is on a different stage of what he thinks he means to the club and the club to him. He is not stupid or anything else, other than sad, frustrated and driven to post his opinion, that's all.

Last edited:

Bob Latchford

Everyone has the right to an opinion even if you don't agree. But the first reaction to a different opinion is to ridicule then you shut down any debate or conversation. Instead of calling the OP names, explain why he should still go, have hope, support the club, you never know you may change his mind. But call him a cretin he rightly turns his back and mind off to any possibility you type or air.

The OP is no doubt a fan who is frustrated and has aired his view on a place it should be welcomed. Where else can he speak his mind about the club. Sadly he is not alone in his thoughts, thousands have walked away and until they see change or have hope of change they will decide to pick the days out they want.

The OP feels that his support does not effect or mean any changes for the club that I understand, may be others should see the same and except he is on a different stage of what he thinks he means to the club and the club to him. He is not an stupid or anything else other than sad, frustrated and driven to post his opinion, that's all.
This !

Bob Latchford

This !

clint van damme

The OP feels that his support does not effect or mean any changes for the club that I understand, may be others should see the same and except he is on a different stage of what he thinks he means to the club and the club to him. He is not an stupid or anything else other than sad, frustrated and driven to post his opinion, that's all.

"The OP is no doubt a fan"
Really?! He wants the club to die! What sort of fan is that?
He comes on a CCFC forum expressing his opinion that the club should die and you say his opinion should be respected.
I'm not ridiculing his opinion because I don't agree with it I'm ridiculing it because it has no place on a Coventry City forum.

fernandopartridge

Whatever

Chipfat

"The OP is no doubt a fan"
Really?! He wants the club to die! What sort of fan is that?
He comes on a CCFC forum expressing his opinion that the club should die and you say his opinion should be respected.
I'm not ridiculing his opinion because I don't agree with it I'm ridiculing it because it has no place on a Coventry City forum.

The way I see it is the OP is stating the club is dead to him. It's not what he fell in love with and does not look like it's going to change. The relationship he had does not feel, smell or even look like what he knew for so long. So my answer to that individual would be although I understand your point of view it's still our club, the owners will leave and keep hope of better days.. NOT you are not a fan therefore have no right of an opinion.

As for his right he has all the right in the world to express his veiw, even if it doesn't fit your agenda. If he thinks the club is dead and he airs it on a club forum I'm afraid it's life, if he aired it on points of view I don't think he would have the same reaction.

clint van damme

I thought you said you are not ridiculing him.

No, I said I'm not ridiculing him because I disagree with him, I'm ridiculing him because his opinion has no place on a CCFC forum, I stand by that, a CCFC forum shouldn't be for non supporters posting that the club should die.

You seemed to be implying that if I disagree with someone I slag them down which in the main isn't true, I'm disagreeing with you but I'm not resorting to abuse.
However, if any one spouts this club should die and everyone should knock it on the head shit then I'm going to slate the pricks.

clint van damme

The way I see it is the OP is stating the club is dead to him. It's not what he fell in love with and does not look like it's going to change. The relationship he had does not feel, smell or even look like what he knew for so long. So my answer to that individual would be although I understand your point of view it's still our club, the owners will leave and keep hope of better days.. NOT you are not a fan therefore have no right of an opinion.

As for his right he has all the right in the world to express his veiw, even if it doesn't fit your agenda. If he thinks the club is dead and he airs it on a club forum I'm afraid it's life, if he aired it on points of view I don't think he would have the same reaction.

so he has a right to air his view but I don't?
And I have no agenda other than I'm going to carry on supporting the club.
If others have had enough, if they going NOPM, if they're away games only then that's up to them. I'm not going to tell them how to spend their time and money and I don't want them doing the same to me.

Astute

If you have had enough of the way that we have been run then I understand. We have been badly run for nearly 30 years. If you feel the need to turn your back on your football club it is your choice. But don't come back crying if you can't get a ticket for a big game that will come along.

Chipfat

so he has a right to air his view but I don't?
And I have no agenda other than I'm going to carry on supporting the club.
If others have had enough, if they going NOPM, if they're away games only then that's up to them. I'm not going to tell them how to spend their time and money and I don't want them doing the same to me.

Yeah you have the right to and opinion and to disagree, that's the point. You also have a valid reason to disagree. Put that over without name calling and it opens conversation between you and him. Call him a name you have no chance of changing his point of view.

letsallsingtogether

They should have their own forum mate, then we wouldn't have to listen to their gibberish and they can spout their shite to like minded arseholers.
Then who would you have to reply to on here.

Everyone has their own view some I agree with some I don't but hey that's what this forum is for.
I have done various protests posters on here preach to me about when I should or shouldn't do it.
That's fine but do you think what they say makes any difference to me?
No!!!
Just like what I say makes no difference to them.
PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread