Let the Football League know what you think (1 Viewer)

oakey

I emailed the Football League on Friday on
[email protected]

I was asked to post by somebody a template of what I had written. So here goes:
Dear Sir,
I have been a season ticket holder at Coventry City for 40 years.
I am shocked that events at the club, of which you must be well aware, are allowed to proceed without intervention or comment from the Football League.
Will Coventry City's owners be allowed to
1) Take the team away from Coventry?
2) Pile debts onto the club from a network of companies, loans, debentures etc? [allegedly]
3) Bring the English game and your management thereof into international disrepute? [allegedly]

I urge you to investigate, issue a statement, and act to end the tenure of the current owners by taking away the golden share and awarding it to a fit and proper owner.
Without urgent action I fear there may be no more Coventry City, to your eternal shame.

May I suggest to you that if a fans' group organises protests outside the temporary "home" of CCFC you may have a public order issue to contend with in a few weeks?
A solution to this impasse is urgently needed.
Yours sincerely,

If we all bombard the FL with messages like this I believe they will have to act. It will also help to push the meeting forward that the Trust have requested.

Sba180

Got to be worth a go, if enough people send one then they might, just might, take notice. May i copy this template??

WillieStanley

The receptionist they go to will just delete them :(

This was tried during the Great Sky Blue Cull last season. The FL responded with a standard template.

Willie,
Thank you for your email.

The Football League’s Owners’ and Directors’ Test requires all directors to confirm that there are no “dual associations” within the meaning of our regulations. At this time, based on the information we have been supplied with we believe the Club is compliant in that respect.

We are unable to comment further on the issues of ownership by virtue of the fact that any discussions between The League and any Club are confidential.

However, we remain committed to seeking to ensure our Clubs remain compliant at all times.

In reference to the Owners’ and Directors’ Test please view Appendix IV available on our website here http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20110629/appendix-4_2293633_2128219.

In addition please find an FAQ regarding the Owners and Directors Test which you may find useful http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/FAQ/FAQsDetail/0,,10794~2428071,00.html.

Thank you for contacting The Football League.

Regards,

Andrew Pomfret
Customer Services Officer
The Football League Limited
Email - [email protected]
www.football-league.co.uk

GetInline.aspx

The Football League Ltd. Registered Office - Edward VII Quay, Navigation Way, Preston PR2 2YF. Registered No: 80612. Tel: 0844 463 1888. Fax: 0844 826 5188.
London Office - 30 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 8FL. Tel: 0844 826 3099

Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/football_league

This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged and confidential information. If you have received this message in error or there are any problems, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message from your computer and any copies. The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is forbidden. Any views set out in this e-mail are the views of the individual sending it, and not the views of The Football League Limited unless otherwise stated. This e-mail should not be seen as forming a legally binding contract unless otherwise stated. Although we believe this e-mail and any attachment are virus-free it is your responsibility to ensure this on receipt.

Sent: 05 December 2011 16:18
To: FL
Subject: Coventry City Ownership

To whom it may concern:

Dear Sir or Madam

Further to my previous email. It has become clear from Companies House that the ownership of the shares in Sky Blue Sports & Leisure which owns Coventry City FC has changed. 96% of the shares in Sky Blue Sports & Leisure are now owned by Sconset Capital LP. Please note the dates of change 24/09/10 as per the attached annual return. Clearly when I asked previously about the make up of the investing funds the change had already been made. Again I would enquire whether the Football League have investigated this new ownership and whether the club complies with the rules on fit and proper. Further could you inform me of the kind of proceedures the Football League undertakes to ensure that ownership at any club complies with the rules. Surely it cannot be just taking someones word for it.

Thank you for your assistance

Willie Stanley

The Football League Ltd. Registered Office - Unit 5B. Edward VII Quay, Navigation Way, Preston PR2 2YF. Registered in England & Wales. Reg No: 80612.

oakey

Got to be worth a go, if enough people send one then they might, just might, take notice. May i copy this template??
Of course. Help yourself.
Whatever their policy. I think a few hundred emails all arriving would make someone realise there is an issue which they have to deal with.
It cannot do any harm, anyway.

Last edited:

Spionkop

I've just sent a slightly amended version. Took out the bit about public protest. It sounded a bit like a threat. Perhaps if enough of us do it they might get the message.

Users who are viewing this thread