Letter From Andy Thorn and Steve Harrison (1 Viewer)

sky_blue_up_north

Got a letter from these two thanking all the fans that attended the Burnley game, brilliant PR in my opinion. Well in made my day, thanks guys

We wanted to write to you to express our sincere thanks for your support up at Burnley
earlier this week.

It was our first game in charge of the team and we are extremely grateful to everyone
who made the trip up to Turf Moor, battled through the traffic and cheered us on
throughout the game.

Obviously, we would have loved to have won the match and taken all the points but
overall we were pleased with the performance against a very good side.

We're both new to this role and just wanted to make it known that your support is
genuinely appreciated by everyone here at Coventry City, including the staff and players.

To that end, as a token of our thanks we are giving all those fans who made the trip to
Burnley either an 'away' scarf or a £10 discount off the current away kit - which the team will be wearing again next season.

Just take this letter into the club shop either at the Ricoh Arena or our City Central store
to claim which ever offer you would like.

If you bought tickets for your friends as well, please pass this letter on to them to show
them our appreciation and let them know about the scarf or discount too.

We don't know how long we are going to be in charge of team affairs but we will do
everything we can to help the club progress and ensure a smooth transition in this
important time for the club.

Thanks again for your support

jphccfc

What a great idea, people are asking for better communication and these guys are trying to deliver it! Great PR

Jimthor

That's brill. Of course the most important thing is still for them to get results, let us not forget that, but this is a really nice gesture anyway.

Nick

Administrator
I think this is what we have been lacking. Nice gestures that show they appreciate the fans.

smileycov

Facebook User
never heard the City do this before! Excellent idea. At least they deserve the support until/if the new guys come in!!

C

Clive Plattini

I remember quite a while back, I saw us lose to Colchester Utd in the cup. We were atrocious. Everyone who bought a ticket to that game were given a free ticket to the next home game. I think we lost that match to Norwich as well though.

tippex9

Clever PR and what we've all been asking for.

It's a start......

SkyBlueKay

Facebook User
That's a nice idea :) The atmosphere always seems better at away games...I just wish I could afford them lol

Lloyd

this is the PR we've been waiting for? Really? No its not. This isn't from SISU, that's who we want to be speaking to.

152 fans at £10 a piece is £1520 worth of merchandise, not a lot for a football club.

Now out of those 152 will get the free scarf and who will put it on a shirt?

if half go for the shirt at the reduced price, whats that like £30? 76 x £30 = £2280

it's a marketing deal... a very well presented marketing deal mind...

but anyway, maybe i'm just being cynical?

tippex9

Yes it is what we've been asking for, countless phone-ins and forum complaints about no communication from the club to fans, well here you go, admittedly it's just one gesture and is way off what we want but like I said "it's a start"

Lloyd

tippex, i cant believe you actually typed that, people havent been complaining about communication from the Club, we were getting that from boothroyd every game and players every few days, the communication i've been waiting for is from RR and SISU, you know the ones who have ran our club in to the relegation fight we now face.

this letter doesnt tell me why the board refused money for the transfer window, why we sold / loaned our better midfielders, why we havent got loans in, why they are still not reducing ticket prices for higher attendences. this is a marketing spin, i'm glad you and other fans are happy with this, but for me, it's not enough.

i do however have to say i like the sound of Thorn at the moment, but my judgement will be reserved until the end of the season.

sky_blue_up_north

Yes Cynical in my view, I was really pleased to get the letter, made me feel valued as a fan, they could have done nothing....

smileycov

Facebook User
this is the PR we've been waiting for? Really? No its not. This isn't from SISU, that's who we want to be speaking to.

152 fans at £10 a piece is £1520 worth of merchandise, not a lot for a football club.

if half go for the shirt at the reduced price, whats that like £30? 76 x £30 = £2280

yes, you are!! :whistle:

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
if we had taken 1000 fans who went to the game, how many of you think they would've done the same?

Some people... Never satisfied! Next time you go to a game I'll ask Ranson to send you a copy of CCFC's financial records because you deserve it for being a great fan. Now wave your free scarf around and cheer on the team, I'm pretty sure the other 151 were happy to get something for their support rather then nothing!

Well done CCFC

ajsccfc

Perhaps a little, but cynicism is healthy. I consider it a small step forward, which is something at least.

BenInTurin

Facebook User
In the end they could have given you sweet fa, just a letter saying thank you!

singers_pore

Some people... Never satisfied! Next time you go to a game I'll ask Ranson to send you a copy of CCFC's financial records because you deserve it for being a great fan.

While you are at it, you could ask RR to send a copy of the financial statements to Companies House because they are already several weeks late. It's nice to know that the club obviously have money to waste on paying late filing fees to Companies House:(:(

Nick

Administrator
While you are at it, you could ask RR to send a copy of the financial statements to Companies House because they are already several weeks late. It's nice to know that the club obviously have money to waste on paying late filing fees to Companies House:(:(

Are they really late?

Users who are viewing this thread