Letter to Telegraph (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

The way things are going though pax there wont be a club anyway (in coventry) i dont hate people for going to support the team and i dont hate the people that dont, i chose not to hand my hard earned money over to a company that lie, twist and bend the rules and treat the customers (fans) like shit, will i see if the city have won on telly yes, will i travel from stoke on trent to watch them not now no. if i have to step away from the club (as many have said they will) to drive the owners out so be it does it make me a bad fan? maybe but i believe what i am doing is right (so do many others) many like you say will support the team by turning up that is their choice, we all seem to be trying to achieve the same thing get rid of SISU the only difference is we approach it from oppersite ends of the street, hopefully we will meet in the middle somewhere, but im at the point where i dont enjoy going up there anymore and i am not going to pay to support a bunch of owners that constantly bullshit, the CCFC experience is no longer enjoyable its a chore and if our owners think moving the club to another city for three years will fix this they are sorely mistaken:(:(:(

I don't disagree with that tbf. I do think we all see it differently and I'm just one who believes we can't go forward before getting some relative success first. that means going to games as the norm and handing over our money to the club so they will spend and improve. In theory anyways. Once improved we become a saleable club and the back of SISU is closer without the ruination of our club.
If on the othet hand we all stay away then the club would quickly fail and there would be no club to sell. Only result would be SISU gone but so would the club all 125 years or so of it, forever.
So I prefer the more pragmatic approach and will support the club with that hope we will one day have a better owner.

DaleM

I don't disagree with that tbf. I do think we all see it differently and I'm just one who believes we can't go forward before getting some relative success first. that means going to games as the norm and handing over our money to the club so they will spend and improve. In theory anyways. Once improved we become a saleable club and the back of SISU is closer without the ruination of our club.
If on the othet hand we all stay away then the club would quickly fail and there would be no club to sell. Only result would be SISU gone but so would the club all 125 years or so of it, forever.
So I prefer the more pragmatic approach and will support the club with that hope we will one day have a better owner.

Or even use our money to pay interest on imaginary debt and pay themselves handsome management fees.:censored::(

J

Jack Griffin

Who cares about post war? Norwich, Southampton, forest, etc all averaged 20k+ in league one on a few seasons a go. The last 10-12 years is the most relevant time frame.

Or the next 3 years?

dongonzalos

OUR SUPPORT IS GOOD CONSIDERING THE CRAP WE GET SERVED ,ALL TIME AVERAGE ATTENDANCE TABLE SINCE 1889
attendances-all-time.gif

I am sure I have read on here recently that over time we are a smaller club than most if those I see below us on that list.

Like you say 17k average with one successful season (recently)

SBS

I honestly think we should be making season ticket prices (when theyre announced) for those under 20 really cheap. Offer 3 for 2, or like the system Bradford have in place, where you get a fiver back everytime you go. I feel lucky to have seen a few PL seasons, those under 20 won't have seen a good season. Might improve the atmosphere a bit as well.

Evo1883

I am sure I have read on here recently that over time we are a smaller club than most if those I see below us on that list.

with 1 top 6 finish in what 40 something years ,remarkable really

stupot07

Even this says we're smaller than villa, wolves, Birmingham, West Bromwich Albion and Leicester! Good job we have Walsall to look down on.....which is remarkable given we spent considerate periods in a higher league than most of them...

Evo1883

Even this says we're smaller than villa, wolves, Birmingham, West Bromwich Albion and Leicester! Good job we have Walsall to look down on.....

its still not bad ,ok then in theorry we are bigger than forrest and derby ,but we are not bigger than forrest or derby , but what im getting at is that we havent had much to cheer about since 87,we didnt even get to the top flight until 67 ,for the last 15 years we have been garbage ,all that into account we have a very good average ,if we had been a little bit more succesful in the last 40-50 years ,we would deffinately be higher than wolves ,birmingham and leicester on that list ,i have no doubt about that.
the point was somebody said we have very fickle fans ,my point was according to this they are not really all things considered

Johnnythespider

It does say Name and address supplied ,whether that means they'd provide it who knows .
I'm betting its Japandy who had a similar rant on here Yesterday or another likeminded from GMK.:mad::p:facepalm:
Yep got to be japandy pandy, just wait for his mrs looby loo to start.

db2013

"The main reason for the downfall of Coventry City in recent seasons is that too many fans have deserted them after relegation, resulting in lost revenue and the inability to justify or maintain high rent costs."

NO its is because we have incompetent owners who can't file there tax returns on time and have constantly got an embargo on us. And the fact that we sell any half decent player to put the money back into their ever hemorrhaging bank account. Still think its the fans fault.

Johnnythespider

Those that want to go, go, simples, i won't be on here telling you you shouldn't, but likewise all this bleeding heart stuff aimed at those who have said they won't go will not change my mind, it's made up. The only mistake we have made as fans is allowing Richardson to sell HR without so much as a murmur, apart from torch that is, but that does not mean we should do the same again now and blindly follow wherever we are told is best for us. So F**k SISU, not a penny more.

psgm1

Banned
Perhaps it's coventry's favourite broadcaster. Once again pretending it is his "playing devil's advocate" deal. Trouble is if you are playing devil's advocate, then you do it for both sides, not just supportive of sisu.

His vomit inducing self justification holding audiences lasted 2 days. Thing is he couldn't control the agenda like he can on the radio, so soon did a runner.

Oh yes let's not forget we should show sympathy for the highly paid and under talented squad and manager. They have suffered because.... erm sorry cannot think of a single way that the team or the manager has suffered - unless of course they haven't been paid - oh wait they haven't had a single disruption on that account!

Spionkop

The letter is vague. Doesn't say whether or not he'll watch 'home' games outside Coventry. Though he's signed the petition.
Lots of fans have deserted the club. No question about that though. He's right. No fans, no income. NOW, I can understand a boycott of the 'home' games if played outside Coventry. But prior to that fans abandoning the club let it down.
The conspiracy theorists might think it's Tim writing, I very much doubt it. He'd get a monkey to do it. He's the organ grinder. God help us.
We haven't been a particularly well supported club for over thirty years. And all the excuses are trotted out.
I hate SISU as much as anyone and hope we're playing at the Ricoh in August. But historically the missing fans were part of the problem. Of course, they don't like to be told that.

quinn1971

The letter is vague. Doesn't say whether or not he'll watch 'home' games outside Coventry. Though he's signed the petition.
Lots of fans have deserted the club. No question about that though. He's right. No fans, no income. NOW, I can understand a boycott of the 'home' games if played outside Coventry. But prior to that fans abandoning the club let it down.
The conspiracy theorists might think it's Tim writing, I very much doubt it. He'd get a monkey to do it. He's the organ grinder. God help us.
We haven't been a particularly well supported club for over thirty years. And all the excuses are trotted out.
I hate SISU as much as anyone and hope we're playing at the Ricoh in August. But historically the missing fans were part of the problem. Of course, they don't like to be told that.

Cant see how you cam blame the fans who stay away for the mess we're in.look at yeovil...they get half our crowds have half our playing budget and they're in a league above us.any club that's gone through what we have in the last few years would have exactly the same problem.15 managers in 14 years ish.and we could be on our third ground.and never finished in the top six .I won't be blaming any fans for staying away.if we ever get a club worth supporting again obviously they'll come back.people have got fed up watching awful football year in year out.and no...im not a stay away fan....YET

wingy

Cant see how you cam blame the fans who stay away for the mess we're in.look at yeovil...they get half our crowds have half our playing budget and they're in a league above us.any club that's gone through what we have in the last few years would have exactly the same problem.15 managers in 14 years ish.and we could be on our third ground.and never finished in the top six .I won't be blaming any fans for staying away.if we ever get a club worth supporting again obviously they'll come back.people have got fed up watching awful football year in year out.and no...im not a stay away fan....YET
I'd say the Crowds last year and the year before given the Fayre on offer stood up well. 2-3k. less would have been understandable.

dongonzalos

its still not bad ,ok then in theorry we are bigger than forrest and derby ,but we are not bigger than forrest or derby , but what im getting at is that we havent had much to cheer about since 87,we didnt even get to the top flight until 67 ,for the last 15 years we have been garbage ,all that into account we have a very good average ,if we had been a little bit more succesful in the last 40-50 years ,we would deffinately be higher than wolves ,birmingham and leicester on that list ,i have no doubt about that.
the point was somebody said we have very fickle fans ,my point was according to this they are not really all things considered

It's very impressive really with hardly any success

Users who are viewing this thread