Letters from Mark Robins (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Doesn't read too bad, isn't like the one from joy.

sky blue john

If people want to boycott that's fine, just don't cry about the budget or if a player gets sold.[/QUOTE]Nick.

Didn't CCFC fans support and purchase season tickets in numbers last year?
The budget still got cut and players sold!
So please explain the difference if we do or don't purchase a season ticket as I can't see it makes any?

Houdi

There hasn't been a price that reflects the value, that's the problem.

The buyer wants to offer you £100 but also wants the £400 TV, £4000 hot tub and £400 fridge to stay in there but he wants all of the debts relating to the house paying off as well.
That would be a fair argument if SISU held all the cards,but clearly that is no longer the case. Yes the old adage that possession is 90% of the law still holds, but SISU face 2 factors they have no control over.
One they have no control over their short term revenue streams, and indeed if seems likely season ticket sales fall off a cliff,this will provide huge short term cash flow problems, and even short term panic player sales may not raise that much income.
Secondly and more importantly everybody knows we don't have a ground to play in, in just 12 months time,and without a ground to play in, there is no viable club anyway. It would appear Hoffman has some kind of agreement with Wasps to stay at the Ricoh if he takes the club over, and if Wasps carry on their no talks policy,what viable options do SISU have. In effect SISU would have the players and no ground, and Hoffman would have the ground but no players.But to run a football club, you need both and SISU will only possess 1,in a very short period of time.

Colin Steins Smile

Fundamentally, we are being asked to purchase ST's to continue to fund the failed business model of the club. TF obviously hasn't appreciated that we've sussed out that his business model is a flop! What the club really means is for us to make a donation to the club to keep it going. Perhaps, the honest approach should be to change the governance structure of the club to a charity!
n.b. Before anyone jumps on this idea....I'm being sarcastic

ccfc_ukr

me and my old man are still undecided, politics aside we enjoy the social of the saturday so are reluctant to let that go, but having said that, considering whats gone on at the club over the years we feel like a line has to be drawn somewhere. As a fan, i feel powerless to do anything about the current situation, whether it be protests etc that will make any impact. the only thing that is within my control is my £300+ for a season ticket, and its literally the only thing left i have that whether big or small, i can make any impact with.

having said all of the above, if new buyers came in I would renew like a shot!

Nick

Administrator
If people want to boycott that's fine, just don't cry about the budget or if a player gets sold.
Nick.

So please explain the difference if we do or don't purchase a season ticket as I can't see it makes any?[/QUOTE]
Wasn't that the season where we should have been in the play offs?

ccfcway

Apart from the noticeable difference is the wording "I want" rather than "we will". It's not fake promises.

Nick, I dont have a problem with the letter, it the right thing to do and the club would be critised for not doing it, but personally I need more actions than words

question, how can anyone promise this ?............"i will be here for as long as it takes".

torchomatic

question, how can anyone promise this ?............"i will be here for as long as it takes".

Agree. Bit like the Hoffman deal, how can he promise to give money to SISU when we get promoted three times and reach the promised land. People, no matter who they are, try and sell you an ideal.

ccfcway

Agree. Bit like the Hoffman deal, how can he promise to give money to SISU when we get promoted three times and reach the promised land. People, no matter who they are, try and sell you an ideal.

Ideal or could be defined as selling you "hope"

what do they say, its the hope that kills you

Hadji's_Goatee

If people want to boycott that's fine, just don't cry about the budget or if a player gets sold.
Nick.

So please explain the difference if we do or don't purchase a season ticket as I can't see it makes any?[/QUOTE]
Exactly, no matter what the fans do SISU won't give us a top budget and they will sell our best players prematurely - FACT

torchomatic

Nick.

So please explain the difference if we do or don't purchase a season ticket as I can't see it makes any?

Really? I think only Vincelot was sold. Maybe you could list the others who were?

Hadji's_Goatee

me and my old man are still undecided, politics aside we enjoy the social of the saturday so are reluctant to let that go, but having said that, considering whats gone on at the club over the years we feel like a line has to be drawn somewhere. As a fan, i feel powerless to do anything about the current situation, whether it be protests etc that will make any impact. the only thing that is within my control is my £300+ for a season ticket, and its literally the only thing left i have that whether big or small, i can make any impact with.

having said all of the above, if new buyers came in I would renew like a shot!

So true, it's a sad shame that the £300+ is the only thing that can have an affect on this. Whether it's positive or negative a reaction will happen.

skybluetony176

The difference is as far as I can tell is if fans don't purchase it's the fans fault, if fans do purchase and the budget gets cut it's not SISU's/TF fault because their statements about giving MR's the tools and taking responsibility blah blah blah is BS thus exonerating them of blame so it's still the fans fault.

Ranjit Bhurpa

Just got home and the letter is in today's post.
I'm not really influenced by the letter content or about budgets or the politics of it all. My beef as an ST holder is that this is the only direct communication I have received from the Club since the ST arrived 9 months ago.
I don't know if there is an active Marketing Department at CCFC or not but there is a distinct lack of communication from them in general. They have our email addresses and we are a captive audience so it shouldn't be too difficult for them to engage with me and make me feel more connected. Maybe a weekly or monthly email containing the latest news, forthcoming events, special offers or dare I say it a monthly raffle?
There is just nothing, except that the perception that this is no more than a begging letter and the certainty of no further communications once they have received our hard-earned.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

For those people having a pop at others who will not renew their season tickets for next season just think: if we struggle against relegation next season and the "budget" has been "cut" you can always blame our position on those who spend their hard earned cash on other things. After all, it will be their fault as it has been for the past 9 years.

Grendel

For those people having a pop at others who will not renew their season tickets for next season just think: if we struggle against relegation next season and the "budget" has been "cut" you can always blame our position on those who spend their hard earned cash on other things. After all, it will be their fault as it has been for the past 9 years.

It's no ones fault but people who don't go can't bleat about lack of spend on the team. That's the issue.

torchomatic

Personally I've not done that. What do you think of those having a "pop" at people renewing?

Grendel

Just got home and the letter is in today's post.
I'm not really influenced by the letter content or about budgets or the politics of it all. My beef as an ST holder is that this is the only direct communication I have received from the Club since the ST arrived 9 months ago.
I don't know if there is an active Marketing Department at CCFC or not but there is a distinct lack of communication from them in general. They have our email addresses and we are a captive audience so it shouldn't be too difficult for them to engage with me and make me feel more connected. Maybe a weekly or monthly email containing the latest news, forthcoming events, special offers or dare I say it a monthly raffle?
There is just nothing, except that the perception that this is no more than a begging letter and the certainty of no further communications once they have received our hard-earned.

I get e mails every week. You have probably unsubscribed at some point from allowing comms to be sent.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

It's no ones fault but people who don't go can't bleat about lack of spend on the team. That's the issue.
They won't bleat about it if they don't go and we are fighting relegation. They'll simply shake their head and say "told you so". No one will be smug, no one will relish the situation, but of course some who continue to go will point the finger , and it won't be at SISU.
I won't renew until I see evidence of investment, so if there is none forthcoming and I don't go, you can blame me personally for relegation from the football league.

trondegilsoltvedt97

It's a less 'beggy' letter than we've had in the past. MR seems to be setting out a vision which if you put SISU etc aside, it would be easy into - style of play, type of players etc, community, kids etc. Hope he gets the backing from owners he deserves.

skybluebeduff

It's also not peoples fault that the new squad we assemble over the summer won't have a training ground, or the academy have a home. Another big factor on why people are not trusting handing money over to Otium (SISU). They're hardly investing well with peoples money are they? And have a track record to prove that.

torchomatic

lol Maddison

You know. I knew you would come back with that. You were talking about season ticket renewals, weren't you? I guess Maddison may have affected sales in April/May but during the summer all apart from Vincelot were given frees IIRC.

D

Deleted member 2477

Fundamentally, we are being asked to purchase ST's to continue to fund the failed business model of the club. TF obviously hasn't appreciated that we've sussed out that his business model is a flop! What the club really means is for us to make a donation to the club to keep it going. Perhaps, the honest approach should be to change the governance structure of the club to a charity!
n.b. Before anyone jumps on this idea....I'm being sarcastic

If our owners arnt prepared to put money into THEIR business and expect its customers to fund it and prop it up then why should I. I dont mind doing my bit and helping the club by buying a season ticket and spending my money but I expect this to be matched by the owners of the business who also have a vision and business model to improve the company.

Unfortunately under SISU it seems to be all one way when it comes to funding the team. Football is an entertainment business and unless the company owners are willing to invest in their company and product then you cant expect customers to

fernandopartridge

It's also not peoples fault that the new squad we assemble over the summer won't have a training ground, or the academy have a home. Another big factor on why people are not trusting handing money over to Otium (SISU). They're hardly investing well with peoples money are they? And have a track record to prove that.
They've not sold the training ground or even got planning permission for houses on it. The club has never owned a location for the academy either.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Chipfat

If they could of sold the training ground they would of years ago, the fact they haven't just means they can't, not that they won't or wouldn't. As for the academy its right they never owned land to place that department of the club. But that would mean investing which again is not going to happen, lets be honest they are not good people to deal with or have as tenants.

torchomatic

Where are the players training next season? Where are the academy training next season?

The players will be training at Ryton. As for the Academy why didn't Wasps choose one of the other 18 locations they had identified?

Users who are viewing this thread