Liam Smith (1 Viewer)

Pipehitterz

Anyone stay up for it?

He was very game but ultimately like everyone that Fights alvarez , they're fighting someone that is near 2 Stone heavier on fight night.
Alvarez Really not a sporting boxer, which is a shame because he has undoubted skills in the ring.
If Liam Smith had a heavier punch then it would have been a lot closer, he really did have a go without creating a Dent.
I gave him a share of 2 of the first 5 rounds and won round 6, it went downhill rapidly after that.
He didn't take a step back tho, and probably believed he could win in his mind., just don't think he realised how big Alvarez would be at fight time, he was huge

SBAndy

Woke up for it. Smith showed a lot of energy but was outclassed by a Canelo performing at about 70% capacity. His body work was brutal.

Now he needs to stop being a pussy, decide to fight at 160 rather than these silly 155 catch weights (I know last night was 154, but there's no way he made weight) and take on GGG.

Pipehitterz

Woke up for it. Smith showed a lot of energy but was outclassed by a Canelo performing at about 70% capacity. His body work was brutal.

Now he needs to stop being a pussy, decide to fight at 160 rather than these silly 155 catch weights (I know last night was 154, but there's no way he made weight) and take on GGG.
There's gotta be a reason, which one is scared?
It could well be that ggg is scared of the bigger man, Alvarez is a very good fighter, that has fought and beat the Best , ggg 's biggest win to date is an injury stoppage to a naturally Stone lighter fighter .
Alvarez wins IMO

Hadji10

There's gotta be a reason, which one is scared?
It could well be that ggg is scared of the bigger man, Alvarez is a very good fighter, that has fought and beat the Best , ggg 's biggest win to date is an injury stoppage to a naturally Stone lighter fighter .
Alvarez wins IMO

Alvarez vacated his title and moved down a division so he didn't have to fight Golovkin you fucking moron, he also paid him over a million pound in step aside money.

Liam Smith is fucking awful, Canelo ducked Golovkin went down a division and took on by a mile the weakest champion at 154. Canelo is Taylor made for Golovkin, that fight would be a brutal beat down.

Golovkins biggest win is not the brook fight either for fuck sake.

Hadji10

Also look through Alvarez' resume, he's beat up smaller men his whole career and his two best wins most people thought he lost. But he's got the judges in his pocket.

Canelo is the most overrated fighter of the last 20 years.

Hadji10

Alvarez notable wins.

Shane Mosely - 40 years old and a welterweight.

Austin Trout - Most media and knowledgable fans had him losing that fight.

Erislandy Lara - absolute robbery, was outboxed easily.

Khan - Again a welterweight with a notoriously bad chin and defence

Cotto - another blown up welterweight, just about scraped a points victory against someone who is way passed his best.

Don't believe the hype, he's really not that good.

Pipehitterz

Also look through Alvarez' resume, he's beat up smaller men his whole career and his two best wins most people thought he lost. But he's got the judges in his pocket.

Canelo is the most overrated fighter of the last 20 years.
Woah
Which c**t Fucked your wife last night you fucking knob

Pipehitterz

Stop coming out with insane comments like "who's scared of who" when Canelo CLEARLY ducked the Golovkin fight.
DO you know Boxing politics?

It appears to be ducked
It also appears to have made both Fighters a massive pay day each letting Alvarez fight cotto

Right now the politics are still very much in full swing
If they'd both wanted to fight each other sooner then it would have happened.

Don't think for one minute I'm a fan of either, it only seems that uk Fighters want to fight the Best, anyone coming out of the USA loves to get 40 Fights done before they actually fight anyone, it's been happening for years.
They tell the stories of how Benn and eubank sr ducked Roy Jones, but then sent over stripped down cruiser weights to beat our boy's up, whilst Jones beat everyone over there.
They're doing it with Wilder right now, near 40 bums fought.

Money makes the Boxing world in the USA Work, I can only think of one that does it here and that's Anthony Joshua, and he's being protected as he'll get knocked out cold if he ever Fights anyone better than my dad.

The whole thing stinks. Ducking isn't being scared of a fight, it's to Make cash only
Ggg wasn't complaining with 800k was he?

Hadji10

DO you know Boxing politics?

It appears to be ducked
It also appears to have made both Fighters a massive pay day each letting Alvarez fight cotto

Right now the politics are still very much in full swing
If they'd both wanted to fight each other sooner then it would have happened.

Don't think for one minute I'm a fan of either, it only seems that uk Fighters want to fight the Best, anyone coming out of the USA loves to get 40 Fights done before they actually fight anyone, it's been happening for years.
They tell the stories of how Benn and eubank sr ducked Roy Jones, but then sent over stripped down cruiser weights to beat our boy's up, whilst Jones beat everyone over there.
They're doing it with Wilder right now, near 40 bums fought.

Money makes the Boxing world in the USA Work, I can only think of one that does it here and that's Anthony Joshua, and he's being protected as he'll get knocked out cold if he ever Fights anyone better than my dad.

The whole thing stinks. Ducking isn't being scared of a fight, it's to Make cash only
Ggg wasn't complaining with 800k was he?

What on earth are you going on about. Here's the situation.

Golovkin was Canelo's MANDATORY, Canelo had to fight him or be stripped. As mandatory challenger, you're only entitled to 15% of the purse, so Canelo was making all the money.

What happened? Canelo vacated the title, and went down a division and beat up the worst title holder in the division below, it's a blatant duck.

By the way, Eubank openly ducked Michael Nunn and James Toney, he admitted it himself. You're literally clueless, mate.

Pipehitterz

Golovkin was Canelo's MANDATORY, Canelo had to fight him or be stripped. As mandatory challenger, you're only entitled to 15% of the purse, so Canelo was making all the money.

What happened? Canelo vacated the title, and went down a division and beat up the worst title holder in the division below, it's a blatant duck.

By the way, Eubank openly ducked Michael Nunn and James Toney, he admitted it himself. You're literally clueless, mate.
So like I said
He made more money.
I still have Alvarez winning if they ever meet.

Where was the Chris eubank info? Never heard that myself? ?
I would be surprised tho

Pipehitterz

Where did ggg complain about his 800k too while you're at it?

Hadji10

So like I said
He made more money.
I still have Alvarez winning if they ever meet.

Where was the Chris eubank info? Never heard that myself? ?
I would be surprised tho

It's a shame Alvarez and his team don't think the same. Alvarez is very very overrated.

And he's said it plenty of times. The Eubanks are bizarre weirdos, he's ruining his sons career.

Hadji10

Where did ggg complain about his 800k too while you're at it?

What you on about? He took the step aside money for the Khan fight, on the provisio that they fought in September (last night).

What happened? He vacated the belt and ducked the fight, what the fuck ain't you getting here? You're a fucking clueless twat.

Pipehitterz

It's a shame Alvarez and his team don't think the same. Alvarez is very very overrated.

And he's said it plenty of times. The Eubanks are bizarre weirdos, he's ruining his sons career.
Just done a quick Google cuz wanted to find a few facts.
Did cotto pay 800k or Alvarez?
Alvarez dropped the belt for sure, that's fact, but the other facts seem to be a bit muddled in your other posts?

Still tho. Never heard of Chris eubank ducking anyone

Pipehitterz

What you on about? He took the step aside money for the Khan fight, on the provisio that they fought in September (last night).

What happened? He vacated the belt and ducked the fight, what the fuck ain't you getting here? You're a fucking clueless twat.
To fight cotto you mean? ? Right?

Pipehitterz

Think you're getting yourself a Little hard and a Little confused dickhead haha
Embarrassing really when it's a thread on a very brave Liam Smith fight.

Hadji10

To fight cotto you mean? ? Right?

Cotto paid Golovkin over 3million pound in step aside money, he was mandatory for the WBC belt when Cotto first won it in 2014, Alvarez beat Cotto and they were mandated to fight this may, they come to an agreement that they'd fight this September and he was paid a fee to step aside by Alvarez.

Felix Sturm also paid him 1 million back in 2011 to step aside.

Hadji10

And yeah Smith was brave, but at the end of the day they're fighters, shouldn't be getting credit for fighting on when you're hurt, that's their job, although he was certainly braver than Kell Brook last weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread