Line of Duty (1 Viewer)

Otis

Yep, surprised to hear anyone say that. I can hear everything just fine. Lovely and crisp and clear and can understand everything the characters are saying.

aloisiwouldhavescored

Great series (as were Series 1 and 2) and no problems at all with sound. Been a lot of twists and turns and real surprises which we weren't expecting at all, so can't wait to find out how it ends tonight.

Otis

Yes with Jamaica inn but not noticed any sound probs with line of duty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, heard about Happy Valley and Jamaica Inn, but never had a problem with Line of Duty. Who isn't speaking clearly for you?

stupot07

brilliant series but can't understand a bloody word due to lousy sound quality/inaudible actors !!!
I've never have a problem with line of duty but have with other stuff, its not lousy sound quality or inaudible actors, its the way sound is mixed, they has started mixing in background noise and background music much louder than they used to, I thinks its for surround sound but it just sounds cluttered on normal TV.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

lifeskyblue

Absolutely superb ...up to the chase. Then a joke. Unbelievable. Kate for GB olympics as long distance runner and rifle woman.

Nick

Administrator
Good ending that was!

I wonder if the next series Will follow on

Was hoping they would see who the driver was

stupot07

Brilliant stuff, gripping all the way through, probably the best thing on terrestrial TV. Can't wait for the next series

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

lifeskyblue

Must admit I was a little disappointed by the ending. Just found it stretched credibility just a bit too much. Up to then absolutely fantastic. The tension during the interviews of arnott and then dot was done really well.

Otis

Absolutely superb ...up to the chase. Then a joke. Unbelievable. Kate for GB olympics as long distance runner and rifle woman.

Totally agree. Was brilliant, but the last10 mins it all got a little bit silly, with the armed officer shooting at everyone with a machine gun and the chase across the city and Kate suddenly being American Sniper.

Shame it ended like that, but it was a brilliant episode none the less.

Very happy Cottan got his comeuppance. He did crumble a little too easily at the end though just on his alibi for the date in question etc.

Looking forwards to the next series and you have to assume it will be a completely new thread and fresh start.

lifeskyblue

Yes a new beginning and new story...probably some other big establishment coverup...possibly immigration or hillsborough or press cover ups

Otis

Yes a new beginning and new story...probably some other big establishment coverup...possibly immigration or hillsborough or press cover ups

Though in saying that you do have to feel that Mr. Unknown will rear his ugly head at some point.

Maybe we will meet him in some form or another in this readiness for series 5.

Otis

Think we need that ridiculous end chase scene with the Benny Hill theme tune playing.

Anyone want to have a go at it?

lifeskyblue

Haha...that would have been so funny...dot and Kate and the benny hill tune. Wife can't stop laughing.

Otis

Why did the getaway car seemingly keep going round in circles and keep coming back into the line of fire?

The ending was very silly and it all started with the machine gun fire. It was so good up until that point.

lifeskyblue

Just had a feeling that the writers didn't know how to end it. Such a great series up to that point. I think a single shot as dot tried to escape the building would have been much more realistic...perhaps after he had tried to take the rookie ac12 girl hostage. Bet she replaces dot on the team in series 4.

Otis

Just had a feeling that the writers didn't know how to end it. Such a great series up to that point. I think a single shot as dot tried to escape the building would have been much more realistic...perhaps after he had tried to take the rookie ac12 girl hostage. Bet she replaces dot on the team in series 4.

Yeah, either that ending or him just running out of the building (no need for the heavily armed guards to even be in the scene) and then of him getting to the pick up point as Kate chases, but no-one comes.

They both stand there and he smugly talks of being picked up at any minute as the stand off continues, but he just stands there lost as they fail to show, selling him down the river.

Kate asks him to redeem himself in giving up names of those at the top of the conspiracy, but with no-one there to rescue him and his seeing no way out, he simply turns the gun on himself and ends up blowing his own brains out .

Either that, or she chases him down and just as he is about to spill the beans the getaway car speeds past and puts a bullet in his head before driving off into the distance.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah, either that ending or him just running out of the building (no need for the heavily armed guards to even be in the scene) and then of him getting to the pick up point as Kate chases, but no-one comes.

They both stand there and he smugly talks of being picked up at any minute as the stand off continues, but he just stands there lost as they fail to show, selling him down the river.

Kate asks him to redeem himself in giving up names of those at the top of the conspiracy, but with no-one there to rescue him and his seeing no way out, he simply turns the gun on himself and ends up blowing his own brains out .

Either that, or she chases him down and just as he is about to spill the beans the getaway car speeds past and puts a bullet in his head before driving off into the distance.

The thing is, if they thought that Cotton was the Caddy by then and had the armed guards waiting. They would have suspected him of having links in the armoury where the gun was.

Surely they would have been very careful about the armed guards?

Otis

The thing is, if they thought that Cotton was the Caddy by then and had the armed guards waiting. They would have suspected him of having links in the armoury where the gun was.

Surely they would have been very careful about the armed guards?
Exactly! And would have used trusted AC12 officers really close to Hastings, or have brought in officers from a completely different unit with no association.

Users who are viewing this thread