Literally lolling at some of this... (1 Viewer)

stupot07

Surely you mean the Sisu boardroom minutes ?
CCFC are trying to work with Wasps and the last time I spoke to one of Wasps Execs they said they had a good working relationship with the 'Club'. Take that how you want it.

Some of you guys are as delusional in what you see as the way forward.

At some point the club will have to work with Wasps. I just hope that they don't leave it too late.

The stadium was never ours, nothing has changed, we need to work with what we've got and make a fist of it.

These continuous court hearings will finish the club.

No one has said we shouldn't work with wasps in the short to medium term, whilst a more permanent solution is found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Nick

Administrator
Surely you mean the Sisu boardroom minutes ?
CCFC are trying to work with Wasps and the last time I spoke to one of Wasps Execs they said they had a good working relationship with the 'Club'. Take that how you want it.

Some of you guys are as delusional in what you see as the way forward.

At some point the club will have to work with Wasps. I just hope that they don't leave it too late.

The stadium was never ours, nothing has changed, we need to work with what we've got and make a fist of it.

These continuous court hearings will finish the club.

Yes, I'd rather be delusional than try and push my agenda all of the time for personal gain rather than it being my opinion. Makes you look even more silly when it is the complete opposite to your views not so long ago.

Nobody is saying they shouldn't work with Wasps now, they are our landlords at the minute so it is obvious isn't it?

stupot07

Delusional. Is there a plan B ?

Plan B is to keep short term 5-10 year deals with wasps.

Your plan A is to sign any long term deal wasps want to offer us regardless of how high the new rent might be or how little access to revenue we're offered.

What's your plan B?

And yes things have changed

1) we always had the option to buy back our half. That gave us hope for future ownership. That's gone

2) the increasing wasps paraphernalia which will eventually include seats means that it feels less and less like our home. We may not have owned acl but it always felt like it was home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Your plan A is to sign any long term deal wasps want to offer us regardless of how high the new rent might be or how little access to revenue we're offered.

Yep, it is the same as those silly fake offers Hoffman was putting into the press about rent etc. Nobody knew any of the terms of it but the %age thought it was fantastic and we should accept. If you asked any questions about it then you were in trouble!

It seems to some that only SISU could be dodgy and full of shit and every other party just wants to help CCFC.

italiahorse

Plan B is to keep short term 5-10 year deals with wasps.

What's your plan B?

And yes things have changed

1) we always had the option to buy back our half. That gave us hope for future ownership. That's gone

2) the increasing wasps paraphernalia which will eventually include seats means that it feels less and less like our home. We may not have owned acl but it always felt like it was home.

We are at Wasps mercy. Particularly if Sisu take them to JR2.
It still feels like home to me when I go on matchdays.
Away fans I talk too say how lucky we are.

Captain Dart

No, I believed it was a temporary move as it was never officially announced that we were moving forever was it? Can you link me to the article on the CCFC site announcing we were moved full time to Northampton? Have a look back, I always said while it was temporary I'd go, when it wasn't and it was announced we were there forever I wouldn't.

It is strange how people went mad about SISU being liars etc but they 100% believed that?

Has anyone tried to find out if Timmy has submitted any proposals to Rugby Borough Council for inclusion in their local plan in time for the September deadline mentioned here. http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-fc-stadium-plans-9186189 Otherwise the sites discussed could be earmarked for other uses.

I don't actually believe there is a real effort to develop a new stadium. Till planning is granted and land is bought there is no option, absolutely none but to be Wasps tenants.

The only other prospect I see is Wasps screwing up the numbers on their bond issue and having to sell to CCFC to raise cash and become tenants of CCFC, that is something that will not happen for some years.

Otherwise there is the court action, which I see as SISU being a nuisance to try and get a pay off to go away or some other concession that suits them.

So pretty grim & very uncertain for some years to come.

skybluetony176

The fact is that even if SISU are serious about building they've still got to find the land, partners, funding, gain planning permission, finalise a design, go out to competitive tender, award contracts etc. etc. etc. Remembering that in all likelihood this would be on greenbelt so planning is going to be a long process involving many departments of government and the approval of local residents not just for the stadium but the training facilities and any supermarket/retail park depending on who the development partners end up being along with any infrastructure that needs providing. I struggle to see how this is going to be less than a ten year project that we're already apparently two years into with little/no progress.

So we need a ten year deal at the Ricoh IMO if we are building anew and longer if we aren't. Either way our foreseeable future lies at the Ricoh and work to start securing this (unless something is happening behind the scenes that we don't know about) is already overdue. It seems to me SISU are relying on the result of the appeal to be a bargaining chip. Haven't we been here before and didn't we fall on our face.

We need something more secure than the current deal which despite how it was sold to us isn't secure past the end of this season. They're playing Russian roulette with our club and it stagger's be that some choose to ignore this above all else.

Last edited:

Covstu

I dont really understand the objections for any city fan watching Wasps, personally i am not mad on it but if they are watching city who are we to say who can go or not attend? Rugby fans are a dat bunch and the OP comments are actually hilarious but i dont get the game anyway and not really interested in following.

I think Italia is right on the basis that we are at the mercy of the insects as they hold the cards at present. This arrangement is working for us at present but when they really put a stamp on the stadium i.e. changing seats etc it will then stop feeling like 'home'. This is where a Plan A or B or C needs to be in play to handle this as i dont think i could attend walking up these steps and seeing our ground yellow and black!

italiahorse

I dont really understand the objections for any city fan watching Wasps, personally i am not mad on it but if they are watching city who are we to say who can go or not attend? Rugby fans are a dat bunch and the OP comments are actually hilarious but i dont get the game anyway and not really interested in following.

I think Italia is right on the basis that we are at the mercy of the insects as they hold the cards at present. This arrangement is working for us at present but when they really put a stamp on the stadium i.e. changing seats etc it will then stop feeling like 'home'. This is where a Plan A or B or C needs to be in play to handle this as i dont think i could attend walking up these steps and seeing our ground yellow and black!

Wouldn't it be nice to actually get a win win agreement with Wasps where we could actually afford to stay at the Ricoh long term.
If that happened it would be unlikely that Wasps would personalise the stadium for one team.
However if Sisu start to take on Wasps and we become a hindrance they may just take the pi55 with us just to get us to move on.

skybluetony176

If wasps wanted to change the seats wouldn't they have done it with the windfall from the bonds? My guess is that they won't be changed until they've outlived their design life (whatever that is for a plastic chair) and maintaining them becomes a false economy.

stupot07

Wouldn't it be nice to actually get a win win agreement with Wasps where we could actually afford to stay at the Ricoh long term.
If that happened it would be unlikely that Wasps would personalise the stadium for one team.
However if Sisu start to take on Wasps and we become a hindrance they may just take the pi55 with us just to get us to move on.

It would have no bearing on whether wasps change the stadium, they own it, they need to rebrand it because it's important for them to create an identity in the city.

Nick

Administrator

Seems like the PR is in place for more / complete branding, blame it all on SISU ;)

Nick

Administrator
If wasps wanted to change the seats wouldn't they have done it with the windfall from the bonds? My guess is that they won't be changed until they've outlived their design life (whatever that is for a plastic chair) and maintaining them becomes a false economy.

Didn't they use it to pay the loan / themselves?

skybluetony176

Didn't they use it to pay the loan / themselves?

Owners loan, council loan and investment in ACL wasn't it?

Having said that they haven't even repainted the sky-blue walls in the concourse's and toilets under the stands. Not that I noticed anyway and I'm sure if they had there would have been hysteria in certain circles on here. Woe woe the football's great but the colour of walls in the toilet is what's got my attention and it's ruining everything for me etc.

Last edited:

Covstu

Might be right but my guess would be that they would want CCFC on side initially during this quite delicate situation of negotating. I think this would be on the cards at some point and why wouldnt they.

stupot07

Might be right but my guess would be that they would want CCFC on side initially during this quite delicate situation of negotating. I think this would be on the cards at some point and why wouldnt they.

Agreed. They will have a programme of works for the rebranding that they will be to, and it will be on there along with painting the concourse, etc. this summers priority was fixing in the pitch.

On another slightly related note, it looks as though the gaming festival has outgrown the Ricoh, as it's moving to the NEC.

skybluetony176

You may well have a point but I'd think that kicking us out is probably the only thing they're unlikely to do hastily while trying to build a fan base in Coventry and Warwickshire. I think it's more likely that they just don't want to spend money on seat's because they're the wrong colour. Yes they did the pitch surrounds when they did the pitch but given they had to dig the existing pitch up to replace it and there was more grass in the red pitch surrounds than there was on the pitch it probably made economical sense to do it at the same time. Maybe they're waiting for the stadium sponsorship to change hands is the other possibility I guess.

italiahorse

It would have no bearing on whether wasps change the stadium, they own it, they need to rebrand it because it's important for them to create an identity in the city.

But there is room for both.
Sisu say we are going and take everyone and his dog through the courts.
Wasps will not even take us into consideration when things 'need' to be changed.

Imagine the alternative boardroom conversations. (Apply this to any changes coming up)

"We need to change the seats, CCFC are only here for a couple more years so lets make it yellow and black"
Or it could be ....
"We need to change the seats and CCFC are here to stay and have said they will contribute so we have decided to make the new seating a mixture of Black and Sky Blue"

We need to work together and Sisu need to drop the court cases, work with Wasps towards a long term deal so that can then happen.

Nick

Administrator
But there is room for both.
Sisu say we are going and take everyone and his dog through the courts.
Wasps will not even take us into consideration when things 'need' to be changed.

Imagine the alternative boardroom conversations. (Apply this to any changes coming up)

"We need to change the seats, CCFC are only here for a couple more years so lets make it yellow and black"
Or it could be ....
"We need to change the seats and CCFC are here to stay and have said they will contribute so we have decided to make the new seating a mixture of Black and Sky Blue"

We need to work together and Sisu need to drop the court cases, work with Wasps towards a long term deal so that can then happen.

What makes you think Wasps care that much about rebranding for us? Why should they? They own it.

Last edited by a moderator:

stupot07

What makes you think Wasps care that much about rebranding for us? Why should they? They own it.

Exactly. .

Last edited:

Norman Binns

To be fair we used to play in sky blue and black. And pretty fine it looked too.

View attachment 4605

My 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] favourite kit of all time that Otis. Fond memories of Tommy Hutch, Dennis Mortimer, Brian Alderson, Alan Green, John Craven (not Newsround), Chris Cattlin, Alan Dugdale, Les Cartwright etc playing in that.

Sick Boy

We should ask Wasps what colours they want us to play in so that we can fit in with what they want. We are lucky to have them here.

Terry Gibson's perm

I hope they change the seats and spends millions doing it as it will be money they didn't need to spend and hopefully make it more difficult for them to make the profits they require to pay back their greedy bond holders

Captain Dart

Has anyone tried to find out if Timmy has submitted any proposals to Rugby Borough Council for inclusion in their local plan in time for the September deadline mentioned here. http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-fc-stadium-plans-9186189 Otherwise the sites discussed could be earmarked for other uses.

I don't actually believe there is a real effort to develop a new stadium. Till planning is granted and land is bought there is no option, absolutely none but to be Wasps tenants.

The only other prospect I see is Wasps screwing up the numbers on their bond issue and having to sell to CCFC to raise cash and become tenants of CCFC, that is something that will not happen for some years.

Otherwise there is the court action, which I see as SISU being a nuisance to try and get a pay off to go away or some other concession that suits them.

So pretty grim & very uncertain for some years to come.

The answer is no they haven't http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-fc-stadium-plans-10066216

armybike

It's obviously progressing at a pace then #SaidNoOneEver

"The council also insisted there had been no communication with football club since the initial meeting in March this year.

A spokesman for Rugby Borough Council said: “Consultation on the local plan has been pushed back until December.

“We can confirm we have had no contact from the football club as yet.”"

Otis

Don't worry yourselves. In May 2013 the owners said a new stadium would be built and delivered within 3 years, so next season we WILL be in our new home.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread