Live commentary from matches (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Some of you may remember a few weeks ago, we played Portsmouth in a friendly which was played out at Havant & Waterlooville's ground. Before the match, SlowerThanPlatt put a post up regarding an internet commentary..... ("South Coast sports radio will be broadcasting the pre season friendly, Portsmouth Football Club v Coventry City tonight. It is free to listen to online and you don't need to sign up to listen. The coverage will start from 19.10 and the link is http://mixlr.com/southcoastsportsradio1--2/ ")......
I've been looking at the site myself (only out of interest, since I have experience in broadcasting), and got to thinking, could someone on the forum do something similar for all the City matches? There are literally thousands of fans like me, that simply can't get to the games but would love to listen to live commentary (we can't all get CWR!). This could be a live broadcast to all our fan-base, not just around the country, but around the world.
It is dead easy to set up. All you need is a an iPad or whatever, with a good microphone set-up and permanent internet connection. Then just create an account at mixlr.com with a name for example, of Sky Blue Fans Radio (or similar). And that's it basically! It's free for one hour, and then you just quickly restart the broadcast for another free hour! Seeing as each half is 45 minutes long, each game could easily be covered. Chat & comments can be added as well. I just think someone with a bit of oomph and fun about them? Also maybe with a bit of radio experience? TrueSkyBlueLiam springs to mind.
Anyway, just a thought.................

(If anyone is interested, PM me and I can help with details of how to set it all up at mixlr.com, if needed)

Nick

Administrator
Would depend on the internet connection, I think the press usually get special treatment at grounds rather than relying on their phone or 4g.

sky Blues Player does the job nicely and you get to watch extended highlights too!

Houchens Head

Agree Nick, but like I said, there are thousands of fans that simply can't get to the games and can neither access CWR or similar. This is just another option.

Houchens Head

Also, the commentary which came to us from Havant & Waterloo was really good. That was just using this program. No special treatment here! ;)

Nick

Administrator
Also, the commentary which came to us from Havant & Waterloo was really good. That was just using this program. No special treatment here! ;)

Then it needs a couple of fans do it, be able to get a seat in the press bit (unless they want to set their kit up on a terrace), an internet connection to handle it as well as a guarantee they are at every game! It is a bit ask :)

Also not sure if there are any policies in place to prevent anybody other than CWR etc doing it, like the rights but I guess they cant do much if its not copying theirs.

Houchens Head

Might be worth getting in touch with the guys that did the Pompey commentary and ask these questions. I just think if it could go ahead it could really take off. I'd love to do it, but not living in Cov anymore, I can't get to games to do the commentary.

chiefdave

Also not sure if there are any policies in place to prevent anybody other than CWR etc doing it, like the rights but I guess they cant do much if its not copying theirs.

FL Regs said:
74.4 All commercial contracts relating to television, broadcasting and radio rights and Internet programming and title sponsorship of The Championship, shall be negotiated on behalf of The League by a Commercial Committee comprising the Chief Executive, three representatives of The Championship and one representative of Leagues 1 and 2. The committee may co-opt other members as appropriate.

Houchens Head

Interesting Chiefdave. I just can't understand how they managed it from Havant, unless of course they obeyed rule 74.4 :thinking about:

chiefdave

Interesting Chiefdave. I just can't understand how they managed it from Havant, unless of course they obeyed rule 74.4 :thinking about:

Guess it wasn't covered by any contract as it was a friendly so just needed the two clubs to agree it. The chaps that did the commentary usually do Havant & Waterlooville games as well as Portsmouth Ladies.

Houchens Head

It was only a friendly too?

Guess it wasn't covered by any contract as it was a friendly so just needed the two clubs to agree it. The chaps that did the commentary usually do Havant & Waterlooville games as well as Portsmouth Ladies.

That would explain things lads. It was just a thought. Thanks for the input. ;)

rondog1973

On a side note, fair play to Clive Eakin for last nights commentary.

His "Get in there!" as O'Briens winner went in was a fantastic moment of passionate, if partisan, sports broadcasting.

mechaishida

Alas, I'm in the same boat as Houchen's Head and it smells funny...

Anyway, since I'm pretty much out in the sticks beyond the back-end of anywhere, in Mid-Wales (where the streets literally have no names and goats randomly encroach on my borders, munching happily on my pretty flowers), I'd be more than pleased if I could pick up a Cov game on some obscure frequency. Hours of knob-twiddling and I get nowhere. And that's prior to tuning the radio in.

Never subscribed to Sky Blue Player, but I might do.

Users who are viewing this thread