Match Thread Liverpool u23 Match Thread (2.30PM Kick-Off Saturday) (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Organisation is a bit pants, game only city fans crammed in. Kids football team have a stand to themselves

sw88

Chief Commentator!
We get as far as the Liverpool box, and don't seem to want to shoot!

Kelly runs at goal with Biamou one way and McNulty the other, chooses McNulty but he only passes to Devon, his cross is a long one that finds Biamou at the back post, he chooses to cross but gets too much behind it, does manage to find Devon who lays it off to Kelly who passes before we concede possession

Just welly it!

harvey098

This isn't a knee-jerk reaction based on this game because you will see I have said this plenty so far but we need more going forward. If Robins doesn't get a striker and a creative midfielder we will be doing well to finish mid table with the current squad. Very disapointed.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

This isn't a knee-jerk reaction based on this game because you will see I have said this plenty so far but we need more going forward. If Robins doesn't get a striker and a creative midfielder we will be doing well to finish mid table with the current squad. Very disapointed.

That's funny, there's a few posters on here that think we have more than enough players!

For the record though, I agree with you. I've already said several times that we have too many average or sub standard strikers and wingers on the books.

Ccfcisparks

So if we get any old striker or Midfielder in we will push for promotion? It has to be the right calibre player within our budget that will improve the squad as a whole. we've gone with the whole buying 7 strikers in a season already and it doesn't work

junglej13

Couldn't agree more. The defence and defensive midfield sound solid though.

covcity4life

That's funny, there's a few posters on here that think we have more than enough players!

For the record though, I agree with you. I've already said several times that we have too many average or sub standard strikers and wingers on the books.

Who are the average or sub standard strikers in the squad?

Ccfcisparks

At the start of the 2015-16 season we scored 2 goals ALL pre-season and by the end of the season we had scored 70. Anyone who uses pre-season to label players as not good enough is completely wrong, its merely a warm up for most players to get them up to speed to hit the season ground running

SBT

At the start of the 2015-16 season we scored 2 goals ALL pre-season and by the end of the season we had scored 70. Anyone who uses pre-season to label players as not good enough is completely wrong, its merely a warm up for most players to get them up to speed to hit the season ground running

Tend to agree, but didn't we bring in Armstrong and Murphy after we'd played all our pre-season games?

Nick

Administrator
Does he have a white stick and thick glasses? Used to be a guy who'd always be going round the midlands in different shirts claiming to support all 92 clubs :) Maybe he's resurfaced?
Nah fat twat in the stand behind goal we shot towards first half.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

You can have 100 strikers on your books but if they cant convert the chances its no good i've said all along not enough goals in the squad people said when we missed out on Collins we will get someone with his scoring record in week to go and our main threat is Ponticello he seems a natural sticker with goals in him. the only one.

Ccfcisparks

Tend to agree, but didn't we bring in Armstrong and Murphy after we'd played all our pre-season games?
Nope i remember Armstrong played against Oxford at Nuneaton and got bullied by their centre half all game, remember leaving worrying about the season and he went and scored 2 against Wigan the week after!

Nick

Administrator
Nope i remember Armstrong played against Oxford at Nuneaton and got bullied by their centre half all game, remember leaving worrying about the season and he went and scored 2 against Wigan the week after!
Yep remember that, he didn't get a sniff.

mark82

Agree, i'd say that's probably it at best.

Winger wise apart from Vincenti, I can't think of anyone either. Although I'm sure one or two will probably mould.

Think Jones in league 2 will be good, just have a feeling based on watching him preseason. Vincenti obviously, if Reid stays and pulls his head out his arse he could be good. Biamou when on the wing has looked good. Devon Kelly Evans has looked great so far. About our strongest position I reckon.

Nick

Administrator
Biamou seems a little bit soft. Likes to have a lie down if he isn't in the game in the 2 games I've seen so far.

Users who are viewing this thread