Loan news (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

"There's nothing happening at the moment," said Thorn. "My sole focus is on the players who are available and how we're going to get the best out of them for the game on Saturday.

"I've spoken to a few (Premier League) managers, the difference is that the ones who are playing in the reserves in top-flight clubs earn quite a lot of money, and so if you're not getting them you're going underneath and you're taking kids out.

"I think we've got enough kids at the moment, I'm looking for a bit of experience to go in there and help us along, as well as having the young ones with their legs and enthusiasm.

"It's a thin line but obviously I'd love to add a few more in. We'll just see what happens."

Well Well Well, theres a shock !!!

This is it guys, what we have we are stuck with....

Div 1, here we come

skybluesben

OMG NO TRANSFERS! HOLY SHIT IM SHOCKED! :facepalm:

TIME TO GO SISU, TIME TO GO! :jerkit:

:blue::blue::blue::blue::blue::blue::blue:

WillieStanley

Well, I think we all saw that coming. Where we are is more of the issue... how attractive are we? Obviously a loan signing will not be about developing a player, so what else have we got to offer?

Nonleagueherewecome

So much for the board statements regarding "quality loan signings" then. It's blatantly obvious that they are only giving Thorn a next to useless budget. We won't get anyone worth having on, what, 3k p/w? So, no change there. Every time they let us down like this it's another kick in the gut, but I'm getting used to it.

ccfcway

they know exacly what they are doing...

Fob us off with a letter "we made mistakes, andy wil be supported with Quality loans"

then nothing

Sell our future captain for years to come for peanuts, get in a norwcih reserve and thats it !!

DOOMED I TELL THEE !!

Ashdown

They have fed the fans bullshit now for well over 12 months, I didn't really expect anyone to come in, because they just refuse to part with any more money. Mind you looking at the financial markets yesterday, perhaps they haven't got any. They shall be expecting my £24 tomorrow though.

TommyAtkins

Wonder what the SISU sympathises have to say? Were down to barebones but still no loanees.

I suspect there are very few SISU sympathisers out there. However, there are Coventry fans - probably the majority of them - who realise and appreciate that signing players isn't as easy as some people think.

It is entirely possible that we have been unable to sign the players that Thorn wants because the clubs won't realise them or the players don't want to come.

It is pointless looking at other clubs who have loanees because it is only worthwhile getting players that the manager wants to enhance the squad.

valiant15

More like sisu wont pay their wages.I wonder what happened to the wages from king,westy,gunnar,carsley,etc etc have all gone? Wheres the so called budget gone that clouting said thorn would be given(not that it would of been anygood mind)? Lieing bunch of:jerkit: sisu.

valiant15

Its hard to sign players? Theyve had since the end of last season havent they? Everyone else seems to find it easy enough.

kg82

Agreed with Tommy that there probably aren't many sisu-sympathisers out there. But signing players is something clubs do, the reasons given on clubs not releasing players etc is a bit soft, we can't afford players that Thorn wants is the unfortunate reality. Coventry have always been a club that fight adversity though and get on with it, I would say that's why so much complaining isn't going down well with a lot of fans. There's nothing we can do about the financial plight of the club. Protests are alright as long as they don't stop the players concentrating on the game. I'd also really like to see the stewards go up to take down a banner and somebody pull out a fire certificate!

Astute

I have to agree. We need players that are better than we now have. We need players that are not in a youth squad. We need experienced players to come in. We would be hardly any better off if we brought in youth or players not better than we already have other than having a slightly bigger squad. To me it is better to keep our limited funds until the right players come available. Nearly all players want to play. If in a few weeks time we have not got any loan players in I will look at it differently. I would be just as unhappy if we brought in any players that didn't improve us about as much as I would be if we didn't bring anyone in. Lots would also see this as a cheap option.

TommyAtkins

Too many fans are quick to moan that other clubs have signed loan players - but they have to be the right players. Thorn has indicated that he wants to sign experience players, not necessarily youngsters.
That really does limit his options. Not many clubs hang onto experienced players who aren't considered first team candidates.

SonofErnie

We are in a very similar position to the season we brought Wise in. Question is, can we find that sort of player and more importantly can we afford him ? It could make the difference between mid table and relegation !

kg82

Yeah, I wouldn't want us signing any old player just to appease fans moaning that not enough signings have been made. But I would honestly say that the money we can offer for wages is a huge stumbling block for players with experience.

I suspect there are very few SISU sympathisers out there. However, there are Coventry fans - probably the majority of them - who realise and appreciate that signing players isn't as easy as some people think.

It is entirely possible that we have been unable to sign the players that Thorn wants because the clubs won't realise them or the players don't want to come.

It is pointless looking at other clubs who have loanees because it is only worthwhile getting players that the manager wants to enhance the squad.

Tommy the quote of funds is this issue. Thorn admitted that with the line "the difference is that the ones who are playing in the reserves in top-flight clubs earn quite a lot of money" meaning we won't bring in becasue we cant afford. As Vailant points out, we were promised same budget as last year. We haven't. Simple. Why can't the board admit that instead of getting fans hope up?

That is why we want SISU out. They tell us what we want to hear not the truth.

Covstu

We need an injection of life into the squad no doubt about it but we are clear we have financial constraints to work within which are getting thinner by the week. There is no point going to the premier league and getting two or three youngsters as this will not solve our issue, it would mean that we would have even more players that are inexperienced in this league.

We need to obtain a player that can become a leader i.e. a Dennise Wise type player. He may not last 90 mins but can rally the kids to perform and direct them on the pitch which we do not have currently. No doubt about it we are in trouble this season but is it in SISU's best interest to relegate us as the debts will climb further, the revenue streams will decrease and they are vastly running out of decent players to sell!!!

ccfctommy

Thing is what I don't understand about funds etc. Is what happened to the £15,000 a week we allegedly offered King last summer?

kg82

Thing is what I don't understand about funds etc. Is what happened to the £15,000 a week we allegedly offered King last summer?

This would be the main reason for all the complaints about SISU I would say. Not that we know that was the actual figure but even then, King would have been on decent wages and these haven't been used for getting other players in, even though SISU said the same budget as last year would be available.

Astute

how many Prem players are on less than 10k a week? How many more Prem players are on more than 10k a week? Should we pay loan players 15k a week and upset the morale in the dressing room? Should we spend all our money on one loan player?

To put it another way then. Blackpool had problems signing players last season. They put a limit on players wages of 10k a week. Players were refusing to sign for them as they were not paying enough. So how much is the average Prem player on then? We need to loan players like Bellend off Man City where the team does not want their players still playing in the Prem as it could go against them, but the player wants to play and his team will pay most of his wages still. We can't afford Prem wages but need Prem quality. Good Championship players will be needed by their own team and their team will not want them to go out on loan to another Championship team. Or do we sign players that will not improve our team? If you look at it with your eyes wide open you will see that it is not as easy as saying they are not trying as we have not brought anyone in yet.

kg82

When is the deadline for the 25 man squad thing by the way? Is it the end of the month?

skyblueinBaku

Its hard to sign players? Theyve had since the end of last season havent they? Everyone else seems to find it easy enough.
It's not so easy when you have no money.

how many Prem players are on less than 10k a week? How many more Prem players are on more than 10k a week? Should we pay loan players 15k a week and upset the morale in the dressing room? Should we spend all our money on one loan player?

To put it another way then. Blackpool had problems signing players last season. They put a limit on players wages of 10k a week. Players were refusing to sign for them as they were not paying enough. So how much is the average Prem player on then? We need to loan players like Bellend off Man City where the team does not want their players still playing in the Prem as it could go against them, but the player wants to play and his team will pay most of his wages still. We can't afford Prem wages but need Prem quality. Good Championship players will be needed by their own team and their team will not want them to go out on loan to another Championship team. Or do we sign players that will not improve our team? If you look at it with your eyes wide open you will see that it is not as easy as saying they are not trying as we have not brought anyone in yet.

Uusually the owner club pays half and the the other club (Cov) will pay towards. So a player on 10k should be gettable. I think it boils down to no funds whatsoever and if thats the case why dont they just say?

skyblueinBaku

So why dont the board just admit that? Instead of empty promises. If they came out and said sorry there's no money for loans then we wouldn't be having this thread and know where we stand.
That would involve telling us the truth; Dildo and Clowning etc do not have a close relationship with the truth

Rich

How many are in our squad at the moment? I know we have 4 keepers and Aaron Phillips listed.

6 Generations

I am sure that Onye Igwe, on behalf of our ever changing board,, stated in his open letter to the supporters

that 'quality Premiership' loan players would be acquired, to enhance the squad and further, lend support to AT.

Well how much did good old Onye think that Quality Premiership players got paid!!!

So, to now argue that the wages of said players are too high and are a stumbling block is nonsensical.

It would appear that the letter was released purely to placate an ever growing Sky Blue voice of despair,

prior to the televised Derby fixture.

Shame on them.

SISU OUT

Rich

I am sure that Onye Igwe, on behalf of our ever changing board,, stated in his open letter to the supporters

that 'quality Premiership' loan players would be acquired, to enhance the squad and further, lend support to AT.

Well how much did good old Onye think that Quality Premiership players got paid!!!

So, to now argue that the wages of said players are too high and are a stumbling block is nonsensical.

It would appear that the letter was released purely to placate an ever growing Sky Blue voice of despair,

prior to the televised Derby fixture.

Shame on them.

SISU OUT

Would there be a case for legal action here? The supplier (CCFC) has lied, in writing to the customer (Fans).

It's almost a case for false advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread