Local media (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Was on the phone to my Dad this morning and he was absolutely fuming about the amount of coverage the local press is giving to Wasps.

I don't live locally but is it really that bad? To be fair he's not the sort to complain about this kind of thing yet he seems so wound up he's actually fired off a formal complaint to the BBC about the amount of coverage of CWR as he things it equates to advertising which obviously the BBC aren't allowed to do.

I can see from the CT website that Wasps are getting far more coverage than other local teams, and that's before you consider the type of coverage. I'm not sure pieces about how courages Wasps have been to rip the club away from their fans of many years is something that should be appearing in any paper.

Had a look at the CT sport twitter and 9 of the last 10 tweets feature Wasps. Seems a bit over the top. I understand Wasps have a PR machine, despite their denials, and we're notoriously bad at that. Doubt many other local teams can afford much in the way of PR. Even so it seems a pretty poor show from our local media.

It wasn't that long ago the CT was leading a campaign against clubs being moved and demanding our return!

SkyBlue_Bear83

There match is live coverage on DAB CWR today, I'm listening to crappy fm for the Cov pre-match build up. Keep crossing over to the Ricoh where Geoff Foster is for updates .

rob9872

I think they believe based on attendances that its what the readers want. We went through traffic by Ricoh today on way to Bedworth and there were coach loads bussed in from all over. I imagine the novelty of perm game in good stadium close to motorway network attracts neutral fans from a good 30 mile radius and possibly beyond. The ground is full but not all Coventrians.

rob9872

Prem not perm - no Kevin Keegan

Users who are viewing this thread