Long Term Prediction Thread (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
And you don't even have an opinion on where you think we will be playing.
That really really surprises me. Don't worry you don't have to be 100% just what in your opinion is more likely?

Maybe because I don't know?

Grendel

Did you miss my direct question at the end?

The figures were you actually. I never introduced figures you suddenly wanted 100% once you were proved wrong.
I just said I amazed anyone is over 50% never mind 100.
Me I am 99% certain it won't happen under SISU like with everything in life you can never be 100%

You were 99% certain that Haskell and his merry gang were seriously looking to buy the club. To be fair the trust swallowed that chancers bollocks as well.

Otis

I'm not sure Otis. I think Wasps will always struggle, and they are whores to money. Lets not forget Derek Richardson bought he lease to line his own pockets first and foremost.
Rugby is cyclical and they are currently near the top of the cycle, they will be on the downward slope in the future, and they will need every penny they can get.

Which project do you hope goes tits up? The Butts? I don't as sadly I am beginning to feel without it our football club wont survive.

No, not the Butts, the Wasps debacle.

dongonzalos

You were 99% certain that Haskell and his merry gang were seriously looking to buy the club. To be fair the trust swallowed that chancers bollocks as well.

I was 99% certain they were genuine.
I was probably about 60-40 thinking they would do it.
I guess now understanding a bit more about how SISU would desperately not want to crystallise their loses. It kind of makes more sense why they were buying their own debt up.
So do you think we will end up in the Butts don't worry I am not asking you if you are 100% sure, that would just be daft to ask that of you, just your opinion.
Oh I don't think you let me know how your day was going?
Hope it is good.

Last edited:

1940oldfive

I was going to start this thread this morning but didn't get chance.
My first prediction was going to be that the attention will now move to the Butts. With the press release and the mantra will be re-emphasised in the forum
Something most Cov fans would love and so it's perfect.
On top of that we will told that MR will have a promotion budget (turns out its a top 8 budget, not the top six budget I was predicting, so I would have got that slightly wrong.

I predict next year MR will over achieve but a lot of people won't realise that he is. The top 8 budget will end up been a top 14 one after season tickets sales. However we won't hear about that.
We will finish 10th-12th.
People will call for Robin's head.

The Butts idea will get pushed more and more. People will get very excited about it and there will be lots of debates on here about its viability.
There will be lots of leaks by Les Reid with his biased caveat at the end of the story which ends up longer than the story itself.
The council will be portrayed as putting up hurdles and blocks to the Butts idea.

JR2 will fail and SISU will be advised to drop it. However they will ignore legal advice and keep appealing.
Wasps and the Council will be shafting CCFC financially, wherever they can as this drags on.
Each appeal will fail.

If we are lucky we will get a one year extension at the Ricoh. However I think it is just as likely we end up renting elsewhere. Playing in front of tiny crowds blaming the council and Wasps.
This will then be followed by a relegation battle just as all appeals for JR2 fail. MR will become a scapegoat to take pressure of those running the club he will be sacked.

We will have got nowhere with the Butts project.

Only at this stage will someone else finally take over the club. However they will have some job on their hands.

I am happy for this to be brought back up in two years.

Feel free to put your own predictions on here for

1) Stadium future
2) Football performance future
3) Ownership future for the next two seasons.
I think you are being very optimistic with that prediction.

1940oldfive

1) We start the season at the Butts
2) The Butts has not been developed, as the financials show, that once all the investors, and CRFC get there chunk from the 24/7 availability, there's only a paltry £75K profit for CCFC
3) The Butts is the perfect size for the amount of fans still going.
4) SISU take CRFC to court as the rent has increased to £105K (or for any other reason they can think of to stitch Sharp up)
5) SISU take CRFC to court as the pitch is not good enough for Oggy's team to play decent football on
6) CCFC relegated to the conference by February this year
7) JR2 is resolved. CCC win again
8) SISU appeal JR2
9) The JLR Arena is packing Rugby fans in
10) This site is renamed WT (Wasps Talk) due to the overwhelming % of CCFC fans that now support Wasps
11) Italia is a moderator on here... and..
12) Nick still visits the dribbling moff in the care home at the Butts (in the room next to the mediator...)
13) People's views on here from 6 or more years ago will still be dragged up and used in some futile argument.
14) Les will still be looking for the smoking gun some thought he had
15) Gilbert's hair will not have changed
16) The CT will have a front page headline that 10 more people have signed their petition in the last 2 months.

Just a few predictions to start with.... ;)
have you not heard that tim has put in a offer for Spurs old ground and is having it moved on to the Butts.[has much logic in that has what comes out of tims mouth]

dongonzalos

I was 99% certain they were genuine.
I was probably about 60-40 thinking they would do it.
I guess now understanding a bit more about how SISU would desperately not want to crystallise their loses. It kind of makes more sense why they were buying their own debt up.
So do you think we will end up in the Butts don't worry I am not asking you if you are 100% sure, that would just be daft to ask that of you, just your opinion.
Oh I don't think you let me know how your day was going?
Hope it is good.

Like with Nick,never got an opinion on where our future location will be or (specifically for Grendel) how his day was going, especially after he asked about mine. How rude....

giphy.gif

1940oldfive

Yes, because to fall for something they have to fully believe it.

I have no idea where we will be playing or what will be happening then.

Not sure why you are trying to so hard ;) It smacks of desperation for some reason.
I am 100% sure that you are just being pedantic

dongonzalos

I am 100% sure that you are just being pedantic

The strange bit is I am not entirely sure he realised, that you don't actually have to be 100% convinced about something to fall for it.

As in if someone tells you to do and/or believe in something and you were not 100% convinced. Yet you believed them enough to do it or agree or believe in it. That that doesn't mean you didn't believe in their false promises.
I suspect he did understand that as he is a smart bloke but he struggles a bit to accept when he is proven to be wrong.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread