Grendel

2008/9 -17,407Ave Home league game
2009/10 - 17,305
2010/11 - 16,309
2011/12 -15,118
2012/13 - 10,948
2013/14 -2,348

Actual figures you must be so proud ?

Figures were declining every season and returning to their natural levels. Ultimately it proves nothing.

Grendel

What about the fans who started boycotting the SISU regime before we left the Ricoh? What about the floating support (fans who can't attend every game) within the 10,000 average at the Ricoh.

I would put our fan base around 15-20,000 rather than 10,000.

Our fan base has never been anywhere near that naturally. Boycotting the sisu regime is a euphemism for "can't be arsed to go anymore"

Harry Krishner

Makes me wonder if they do go back, what kind of admission prices they'll be charging.

If they stick to Sixfields prices, they'd be in with a chance of boosting those flagging gates.

if they go back to ripping people off, fuck them.

Noggin

It's not 24% it has to be higher.

you're not factoring in away fans which are very clearly a much much bigger percentage of the average crowd at sixfields, the percentage of home fans that are going to sixfields is way lower than 24%, an educated guess would be around half that figure. say 12-15%

Grendel

Makes me wonder if they do go back, what kind of admission prices they'll be charging.

If they stick to Sixfields prices, they'd be in with a chance of boosting those flagging gates.

if they go back to ripping people off, fuck them.

The average price at the Ricoh was £11 in its heyday and declined to just over £8 in the end.

Sky Blues

The last years Ricoh home attendance was a shade over 10,000 and the home average last season I believe was around 2,400. If you factor that as a straight percentage it is around 24% but that would assume every fan at Sixfields was the same every game. Many on here said they have need to a few games so an assumption of 6% spread is if anything a conservative estimate.

You're including away fans there Grendel. Excluding away fans there were (we're told) 1922 home fans, down from 10161 the year before. That is 19% of the previous year's figure.

Grendel

You're including away fans there Grendel. Excluding away fans there were (we're told) 1922 home fans, down from 10161 the year before. That is 19% of the previous year's figure.

It's still a safe assumption to assume at least 3,000 supporters have attended at least one or two games - that's still 30% of the average crowd in the league we are in. You cannot compare to championship crowds as crowds in Northampton would also rise to some extent.

It's not a tiny minority and they deserve respect.

shmmeee

The last years Ricoh home attendance was a shade over 10,000 and the home average last season I believe was around 2,400. If you factor that as a straight percentage it is around 24% but that would assume every fan at Sixfields was the same every game. Many on here said they have need to a few games so an assumption of 6% spread is if anything a conservative estimate.

Do you not think it's faaaar more likely to have a bigger "spread" at the Ricoh than at Sixfields, what with it being a far bigger pool and there not being a boycott on?

It's nothing like 30%, stop making things up just because the facts don't support your ridiculous position.

shmmeee

It's still a safe assumption to assume at least 3,000 supporters have attended at least one or two games - that's still 30% of the average crowd in the league we are in. You cannot compare to championship crowds as crowds in Northampton would also rise to some extent.

If 30% of the average is different fans (a huge assumption to start with) then the Ricoh's figure is 13000 not 10000. You can't just make assumptions one way and not the other.

Fucks sake, you can tell your job doesn't require maths.

Noggin

you are making very poor assumptions, you are assuming that at sixfields there are lots of people who only went a few times (fair) and not comparing it to the fact that the same thing happened at the Ricoh, The fact we had what 32k for crewe means that going down this route isn't going to support your argument at all.

skybluetony176

A truer reflection would be to work the percentages on paying customers. I'll be nice and say that the tiny minority is in fact 10%.

shmmeee

Grendel really is the Comical Ali of Sixfielders

"There is no boycott"
"It's not a minority"

Hobo

Our fan base has never been anywhere near that naturally. Boycotting the sisu regime is a euphemism for "can't be arsed to go anymore"

Our fan base is nearer 15,000 to 20,000 than it is 10,000. You under estimate how many people have work commitments on Saturdays and follow the city. There are also lots of people who play football themselves but are still fans of the club.

There are also people who are limited by economic factors. When my wife was a season ticket holder there were several families who sat near her, where different family members attended different games...purely down to what they could afford rather than choice. These people are the glory hunters obviously in your eyes.

"Can't be arsed to go anymore" might actually be an informed decision, rather than the person that just bowls up every Saturday because that's what they have always done on a Saturday. With your understanding of a fan base and contempt of customer potential Coventry City have, you should be working for the Football League, you would fit in well.

Sky Blues

It was comparing a League 1 crowd with a League 1 crowd Grendel.

RegTheDonk

You can't "assume" different figures to suit you G. Otherwise, you may as well take the Ricoh sell out game for the piss-pot trophy into account and "assume" 30K+ have attended etc etc.

FRY-CCFC

e7e2uvu7.jpg

Hobo, DWH, WEA, SB, Reg & Monners - while I agree with your posts (and some quite witty), why engage with that person. He/she is never ever wrong and debating with someone who will never change their standpoint is, well, pointless.

Withdraw the oxygen of response and they'll eventually give up - bite and you'll be reeled in.

Just my opinion, of course. :wave:

By the way - has anyone noticed that all the De Vere Hotel rooms overlooking the pitch at the Ricoh for the Sheffield match are all booked. :thinking about: wonder if it means anything?

Otis

Hobo, DWH, WEA, SB, Reg & Monners - while I agree with your posts (and some quite witty), why engage with that person. He/she is never ever wrong and debating with someone who will never change their standpoint is, well, pointless.

Withdraw the oxygen of response and they'll eventually give up - bite and you'll be reeled in.

By the way - has anyone noticed that all the De Vere Hotel rooms overlooking the pitch at the Ricoh for the Sheffield match are all booked. :thinking about: wonder if it means anything?

What a shame.

http://www.ricoharena.com/entertainment/entertainment-events/psychic-sally-november2014/

Psychic Sally is at the Ricoh in November. If only she was here now we could ask her.

LB87ccfc

Yes. People wanted to listen to the coverage on CWR whilst imagining the players running round, maybe a recording of fans singing can be played for them in the rooms too.

duffer

It was comparing a League 1 crowd with a League 1 crowd Grendel.

If I've got this right, what Grendel is saying that the average Sixfields attendance represents supporters that might have just taken in an occasional game. On that basis he suggests it should be inflated to a larger figure.

However, he completely disregards the fact that every other average attendance in the league, including ours when we were at the Ricoh, similarly takes no account of supporters that attend on an occasional basis. Surely on that basis those figures should also be inflated proportionally.

I'd respect that the individuals who go to Sixfields have made their decision, and they should be free to do so (even though personally I'd rather they didn't). However, I'm afraid I've no respect for the flawed logic here, trying to proportionally inflate the Sixfields attendance into something it isn't.

In raw numbers, using Grendel's assumptions, if there's an "extra" 600 occasional supporters at Sixfields watching the club, then that represents an additional 2500 occasional supporters who are being denied the chance to watch them at the Ricoh.

mark82

The same few people having the same old off topic argument. Don't you ever get bored FFS? Keep posts on topic please.

Monners

Oh I know Wigan re the oxygen comment. Couldn't agree more - it was actually a very rare slip by me to be honest.

Looking forward to the game tomorrow (although I am not acutally going, so it seems an odd thing to say!). Interesting that a lot of Bradford fans seem to be full of woe and fear the sorts (on their forum anyway)

Grendel

If I've got this right, what Grendel is saying that the average Sixfields attendance represents supporters that might have just taken in an occasional game. On that basis he suggests it should be inflated to a larger figure.

However, he completely disregards the fact that every other average attendance in the league, including ours when we were at the Ricoh, similarly takes no account of supporters that attend on an occasional basis. Surely on that basis those figures should also be inflated proportionally.

I'd respect that the individuals who go to Sixfields have made their decision, and they should be free to do so (even though personally I'd rather they didn't). However, I'm afraid I've no respect for the flawed logic here, trying to proportionally inflate the Sixfields attendance into something it isn't.

In raw numbers, using Grendel's assumptions, if there's an "extra" 600 occasional supporters at Sixfields watching the club, then that represents an additional 2500 occasional supporters who are being denied the chance to watch them at the Ricoh.

That is what I am saying and the only reason I am saying it is that that number is a reasonable numbers of supporters and they should not be dismissed by the likes of Sky Blue John and Tony in such a way. It's not 50 people, its not 100 it is a significant number. The debate is irrelevant actually - I agree - however, wumming posts like John's and Tony's deserve to be challenged as it is dividing supporters between those who go and those who don't.

In the end they are all the same -- supporters.

Users who are viewing this thread