Lose the Gut Thread (Following on from New Year's Resolution) (1 Viewer)

fellatio_Martinez

Every Christmas I go for it and eat, drink and laze about like a complete degenerate. I usually end up putting around a stone on and then shift it over the coming months. This time though I wanted it gone quickly and happened to find a book called The Blood Sugar Diet. It's basically a no carb no sugar diet of 800 cals a day. The intended length is 8 weeks and it's been proved to reverse diabetes. So I thought fuck it and I tried it. I've lost 1.5st in two weeks. It's tough for the first week but after that it's quite easy. If anyone here wants to shift weight fast and can live on mostly protein and fat then go for it.

fellatio_Martinez

The steak and eggs diet does pretty much the same thing, gets a bit boring though.
Is that calorie controlled?

I never realised how dependent I was on refined carbs like potatoes, bread, rice, pasta etc but now I've realised I'm never bloated and I don't have the dreaded after lunch tiredness.

I love sugary food too but now I'm not particularly interested in it. Again, no spikes in energy and mood make for better peace of mind.

I'm allowed alcohol but on 800 cals I'd rather use it on food.

I mainly eat a full fat yoghurt for breakfast, tuna salad for lunch and some a protein plus low carb veg and cream cheese for dinner.

clint van damme

Every Christmas I go for it and eat, drink and laze about like a complete degenerate. I usually end up putting around a stone on and then shift it over the coming months. This time though I wanted it gone quickly and happened to find a book called The Blood Sugar Diet. It's basically a no carb no sugar diet of 800 cals a day. The intended length is 8 weeks and it's been proved to reverse diabetes. So I thought fuck it and I tried it. I've lost 1.5st in two weeks. It's tough for the first week but after that it's quite easy. If anyone here wants to shift weight fast and can live on mostly protein and fat then go for it.

I've gone lo carb for two days. Not calorie controlled but just cutting out the carbs, of which I consumed many.
I might look into this if I decide to step it up.

Rich

Bedworth Aldi today. They have a new cocoa flavour and it's proper tasty.

Attachments

• IMG_0368.JPG
    IMG_0368.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 22

Nick

Administrator
We made some the other night.

Coconut and vanilla protein with coconut.

Others were peanut butter, vanilla protein and fine oats.

Only thing when you make them is you don't feel as bad hammering through them if you haven't paid a pound each.

Sick Boy

Is that calorie controlled?

I never realised how dependent I was on refined carbs like potatoes, bread, rice, pasta etc but now I've realised I'm never bloated and I don't have the dreaded after lunch tiredness.

I love sugary food too but now I'm not particularly interested in it. Again, no spikes in energy and mood make for better peace of mind.

I'm allowed alcohol but on 800 cals I'd rather use it on food.

I mainly eat a full fat yoghurt for breakfast, tuna salad for lunch and some a protein plus low carb veg and cream cheese for dinner.

All you do is eat steak and eggs twice a day with nothing else except water throughout the day. It works very well but obviously it can get expensive and boring.

Nick

Administrator
All you do is eat steak and eggs twice a day with nothing else except water throughout the day. It works very well but obviously it can get expensive and boring.
And the prep, that's the worst part :(

Do tend to eat a boiled egg instead of rubbish as a snack now though!

Marty

Cheers Rich was in there myself earlier, picked up a few bars and a few of those flapjacks as well.

Sick Boy

I got one of those Nutribullets over the Xmas period. It's a great way of eating loads of fruit and veg and sticking a scoop of unflavoured whey in is a lot healthier tHan downing protein shakes loaded with sweetners.

Nick

Administrator
I got one of those Nutribullets over the Xmas period. It's a great way of eating loads of fruit and veg and sticking a scoop of unflavoured whey in is a lot healthier tHan downing protein shakes loaded with sweetners.
The only thing I found is getting through the spinach before it goes off.

In Tesco they sell pre made frozen bags, might start making my own frozen ones and just get one out and throw it in.

Just need a bigger freezer!

Rich

The only thing I found is getting through the spinach before it goes off.

In Tesco they sell pre made frozen bags, might start making my own frozen ones and just get one out and throw it in.

Just need a bigger freezer!

I've been having the Tesco frozen ones lately and they're nice and tasty and easy to make when you don't have much time in the mornings.

Just be careful though, if you overblend them, then you have to wait an hour for it to melt a little.

Nick

Administrator
I've been having the Tesco frozen ones lately and they're nice and tasty and easy to make when you don't have much time in the mornings.

Just be careful though, if you overblend them, then you have to wait an hour for it to melt a little.
How many do you get from.a bag?

covcity4life

went for first run after back issues and all was fine

2nd run a day later and now my backs really sore

ffs will i ever be back to normal?

Marty

went for first run after back issues and all was fine

2nd run a day later and now my backs really sore

ffs will i ever be back to normal?

Beginning to think the same myself. Injured mine about 3 months ago, was perfectly fine yesterday, for no reason it's completely stiffened up and I can barely get about today.

Anyway, half a stone down from Christmas. :nailbiting:

covcity4life

congrats

i am going to a chirpracter and he has worked wodners in just 2 weeks. however i am annoyed at this backwards step

diet is key to losing weight

if cant cook there are delviery services that will provide healthy meals to your doort hat you can use all week

Nick

Administrator
congrats

i am going to a chirpracter and he has worked wodners in just 2 weeks. however i am annoyed at this backwards step

if cant cook there are delviery services that will provide healthy meals to your doort hat you can use all week

Which ones are they? I have seen the ones on TV where they send you a tiny little tub for about £3.

Marty

The meals aren't anything you could easily do yourself and a hell of a lot cheaper too.

Bag of frozen veg - 80p - 10 servings
Packet of Chicken - £5 - 5 servings
Packet of Rice - £1.50 - 10 servings.
Half hour cooking time.

clint van damme

congrats

I have been diagnosed with tendinopathy (?) in the hamstring. Physio says I can run but keep it to a minimum but no 5 a side, which does my head in.
I've been eating low carb for 6 days and haven't drank for 17 days, I feel great, loads of energy. Got a busy social calendar this year so it's going to be difficult to stay off of the beer.

covcity4life

humm the day my back was really sore so were my hamstrings. and chiro did say i have tight hamstrings

but im playing 5 a side tonight!

Users who are viewing this thread