Lose the Gut Thread (Following on from New Year's Resolution) (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Ah, that explains it then. I will depart with my tail between my legs:sorry:

I guess now I know I needed that sort I can just buy them online in the future.

Although I don't do much running but I think I will be when it gets a bit warmer out :(

Moff

I guess now I know I needed that sort I can just buy them online in the future.

Although I don't do much running but I think I will be when it gets a bit warmer out :(

I had to stop running. Due to the way I ran, which was down to my back injury I started getting secondary problems, including a very painful sports hernia. This is different to a normal hernia as its actually a tearing in the groin (oblique abdominal muscles) and it bloody hurt. If I was a horse they would have shot me by now, or put me in the knackers yard.

Now I go to the gym and as recommended by the trainer do the occasional run, but mainly use the cross trainer, sometime the bike, as well as the machines. Certainly cutting down the running has eased the sports hernia problem, and keeping fit helps with my back problems, as it loosens it up which helps a huge amount.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah the cross trainer is fine, as soon as I get on a treadmill my knees go :(

Started doing cross training which has some running and cardio and has been ok so far, short shuttles and sprints etc.

shmmeee

Didn't run today as the baby didn't sleep last night and I slept through my alarm (pro tip: if your iphone charger keeps disconnecting, it's because there's a ton of fluff in there). But have walked the hour into uni and will be walking the hour back so I figure that makes up for it.

Had chicken and salad for lunch instead of my normal Maccys on a Monday. Feeling pretty good.

No kids tonight so gonna get a good night's sleep and try running for the first time in 2 years tomorrow morning (had my appendix out and never started again). Back to the start of couch to 5k. If you see someone passed out in a bush in Canley Gardens, give us a poke.

Nick

Administrator
If you see someone passed out in a bush in Canley Gardens, give us a poke.

HvPys94.gif

fernandopartridge

Will give those a try, cheers.

I'm freaking terrible at moderation, I work better "banning" things rather than cutting down, but I'll take what you say about diet into consideration. Just making little changes at the moment like eggs for breakfast instead of cereal and taking extra veg instead of loads of spuds at dinner. I may go full no carb if I can simply because I think a quick boost would help my motivation and I've had good success on it before, but long term it's not sustainable.

Buy one of those Lean in 15 books or all 3. It's basically a similar diet to that suggested by Fellatio, fats and protein with some carb after exercise. Piss easy to follow and you don't feel as if you're missing out on anything. Calorie controlled diets are a waste of time particularly if you're exercising.

covcity4life

muscle spasms in lower back last night. off. feel fine besides that

more yoga after work today. start weights thursday

covcity4life

Is there anything you do that you find eases the back spasms?

i just got up and went for a walk and thn tried to lie straight on back. i fell asleep after about 20 mins and it was gone in morning

tbh i think its just strain from me starting yoga. hopefully it wont happen again

scottccfc

I fell down the last couple of steps around Christmas and every now and again my back spasms... it's horrible when it happens

covcity4life

I fell down the last couple of steps around Christmas and every now and again my back spasms... it's horrible when it happens

i would go see a chirpracter. let them do an assessment and crack your back in a few places.

i had lot of back pain but after just 1 session i noticed an improvement

also 3 days yoga done now. feel good. like fresher.energetic. even though im only sleeping 6.5 hours a night because i go to bed late.

will introduce weight lifting again on friday

shmmeee

Made a frittata for easy breakfasts. Spinach, onion, pepper, bacon, tomato, shit loads of eggs, in a pan then the oven. Cut it into slices now I have something I can do in the microwave in 1 min, no fuss, much more likely to eat it than having to sort bacon and eggs or whatever.

Did the first day of couch to 5k this morning, feeling good.

maccys every monday wtf

The perils of no planning. Mondays I have half an hour to drive from Rugby to Cov and the only thing on the way is a Maccys drive through. I am not a healthy man. I am a lazy man.

That's changing though.

covcity4life

keep going with the change. when get into a healthy groove you realise how much better it is than sitting on couch eating chocolate digestives(even though thats nice for 5 mins)

right now i am feeling all zen from yoga and eating right. will start gym friday again after 3 months out

Marty

Had my physio session, felt amazing yesterday so thought I'd go for a run. Did 3.3km in 20:22. bang on 6 minutes/km, had to walk a few times as well, I feel so unfit but thats to be expected. First time that I've done high impact in months and seriously feeling it today. My back is holding up well though.

I have another hamstring exercise, plant your feet, slightly less then shoulder width apart, bend your knees slightly, bend at your hips and touch the ground, hold that position, Straighten your legs as much as possible and hold for a few seconds then bend the knees again to released the pressure, and repeat. It's painful, but it really feels like it's working.

covcity4life

i reccomend yoga guys. all week i just feel chilled at work. like the feeling when you have had a nice warm bath. follow it up with meditation too for 5-10 mins

yesterday when i wa sbeing attacked for no reason on this very forum it annoyed me,but i went home did yoga and now feeling good again

i have always been sceptical but give it a go guys,see how you feel.

clint van damme

i reccomend yoga guys. all week i just feel chilled at work. like the feeling when you have had a nice warm bath. follow it up with meditation too for 5-10 mins

yesterday when i wa sbeing attacked for no reason on this very forum it annoyed me,but i went home did yoga and now feeling good again

i have always been sceptical but give it a go guys,see how you feel.

you make me laugh mate.

covcity4life

thank you. there is laughing yoga too but i am just doing normal one. i wouldnt be a good person if i didnt reccomend it to you guys, not right to try keep it to myself when just 1 other person might find it helps them too.

Marty

thank you. there is laughing yoga too but i am just doing normal one. i wouldnt be a good person if i didnt reccomend it to you guys, not right to try keep it to myself when just 1 other person might find it helps them too.

Best thing about this thread is that there's no bitching or arguing, just help and advice. :cool:

Sky_Blue_Daz

I've a feeling I might regret asking this but what's DDP yoga Daz?
I seen a few clips on Facebook he's an American wrestler (don't laugh) who modified yoga he changed it to make it easier or harder depending on your levels of fitness/ability

He has a DVD out I think but I seen some clips on you tube I was going to give it a go
As some of the people on Facebook have done incredibly well

covcity4life

Ddp has changes the game. I done a few excercises but cant find his full dvd set

I prefer adriene as she is my gf in my head.

Dont tell my wife

clint van damme

I seen a few clips on Facebook he's an American wrestler (don't laugh) who modified yoga he changed it to make it easier or harder depending on your levels of fitness/ability

He has a DVD out I think but I seen some clips on you tube I was going to give it a go
As some of the people on Facebook have done incredibly well

apparently the Ryan Giggs video is good. His workout is meant to be a hybrid of pilates and yoga.

Users who are viewing this thread