Losing the desire to follow (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

As I as walking out of Yeovil it just hit me and I can't shake it .
I follow the club religiously , no matter how far I'm there ... but I'm starting to question what for .
Think the penny has finally dropped that maybe I doing it for nothing , maybe we all are .

Don't know desperately fed up with the club at the moment.

We need new owners , the manager need proper financial backing .
Pissed off

Maybe I'm overreacting I don't know , just need to vent , missus don't get it lol
PUSB

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I follow the club religiously , no matter how far I'm there ... but I'm starting to question what for .
Think the penny has finally dropped that maybe I doing it for nothing , maybe we all are .

Pissed off

Maybe I'm overreacting I don't know , just need to vent , missus don't get it lol
PUSB
I feel your pain , its like a family member slowly DYING . !!!

Steve.B50

Pissed off

PUSB

Your not alone, that was a long drive home and in the car we had no positives to discuss.
Fed up with always being a wannabe, we are second rate in a 4th rate league.
Lowest place we have ever been.
Our owners are just slowly killing us and they just do not care.

chiefdave

I'm past that point I think. Seriously thought about not renewing this season but did it in the end. Certainly not for the enjoyment or entertainment!

SkyblueBazza

Pissed off

PUSB
Maybe post a pic of the missus...we can decide whether she'd get it or not for ourselves

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Evo1883

I knows its early , but there us already an element of "same old same old" , just can't see us getting what we all desperately want

Rory83

I think this shit will rumble on for a bit yet but the owners will sell up, especially if we fail to get promoted.

I've been questioning it all for a while now, I went to countless games last season home and away and only saw us win once, at Wembley.

I went to the Newport game and I'm going to Chesterfield, was there last season it was the most boring game of football I've ever seen. I'll keep going, it will make it all the sweeter when we turn the corner in the end.

ccfcway

way too early days. There is 4 games gone.

We have had a decade of decline and have won 50% of games already this season.

If you haven't cracked and walked away after the last 10 years, surely 2 defeats wont break you.

Likely we still aren't at the bottom of the cycle, but with a glass half full, we have to be getting closer to it.

Hobo

Pissed off

PUSB

I think my wife and I hit that wall some years ago. I now just take it as it is. Yes still get frustrated and disappointed, but it no longer destroys my weekend or even my week. It is just football, a game and a bit of entertainment. It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. The game has become obscene moneywise. Do I want my club in league 2, no. Do I want them back in the Premiership, no I don't think I do.

ccfcway

I think my wife and I hit that wall some years ago. I now just take it as it is. Yes still get frustrated and disappointed, but it no longer destroys my weekend or even my week. It is just football, a game and a bit of entertainment. It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. The game has become obscene moneywise. Do I want my club in league 2, no. Do I want them back in the Premiership, no I don't think I do.

don't get this. I wouldn't support a team if I didn't want the to compete at the highest level.

Hobo

don't get this. I wouldn't support a team if I didn't want the to compete at the highest level.

I don't think the financial outlay that is required brings the return on entertainment value. I really struggle to sit through those matches these days. Yes there are some fantastic players, but there are three times as many over paid average players. It's like the FA Cup, has been devalued, Wembley has been devalued. The game is being killed by money. I can go down the Memorial Park and see better games for free. Obviously not as skilfull, but the games can still have flare, ingenuity and far more integrity. Unfortunately I am one of those people who would rather give my money to Coventry Rugby than buy into Wasps. If you don't understand this stuff I don't care. I haven't come on here to convince you, just to give my opinion.

rybccfc

I'm in my thirties, it's a way of life. Don't think I could handle if we ever did a leicester.
Yeh agreed i think i would have a mental break down. I think i could just about handle winning the championship tho lol

Esoterica

Robins had it easy following Slade last year. He then won the Checkatrade and had a good pre season on paper in terms of early squad assembly and addressing areas of weakness perhaps falsely inflating his stock. He now faces his toughest test, can he get his own chosen players moulded into a consistent winning team. It doesn't feel same old same old to me, Sisu are still here but seemingly interfering less so I'm actually morbidly fascinated to see if Robins can adapt. Genuinely interested in the playing side this year and believe it will get better. Easy for me to say keep the faith though when I'm watching games on ifollow and not travelling up and down the country to watch it.

Otis

A couple of wins and it will all look rosy again.

I still maintain we will have a successful season. If we don't at least make the play-offs I will be absolutely devestated.

I am.not envisaging anything but success. Bookies have us top 3, so top 7 is an absolute must.

mds

The game has become obscene moneywise.
Totally.
Do I want them back in the Premiership, no I don't think I do.
Why not, dont answer i know why not, £20ish watching 4th tier football that probably isnt much better than you are watching down the Memorial Park, or £30-60 to see some of the best players in the world ripping us a new one, its so much more than the money, its the pride in the club, the passion, the team, feel good factor.
Who do you support?
CCFC, oh i saw them last week, looked good against Utd, being able to talk about your team with pride and passion, being able to say we are Premier League, when your workmates cant point and laugh just because, able to see us compete and create the odd upset, could go on and on.
Fuck that i would much rather we were lumbering in the 1st division or struggling in the Championship, money isnt just ruining the game, everywhere, money and greed are changing the world we live in, rich getting richer n all that shit!!!

Only reason i can think anyone would not want to see us play in the top league against the top teams is because they have never seen us play the top teams in the top league, the feeling walking away from an opening day 3-2 win over chelsea or beating Liverpool in their prime, watching Huckerby tear apart some of the best around, tearing the champions apart scoring 5 on on a cold frosty day..............
If i can watch my team playing in the top flight against some of the top teams in Europe, fucking hell yes, turn that down based on the spoil caused by money, fuck off.

fernandopartridge

Totally.
Why not, dont answer i know why not, £20ish watching 4th tier football that probably isnt much better than you are watching down the Memorial Park, or £30-60 to see some of the best players in the world ripping us a new one, its so much more than the money, its the pride in the club, the passion, the team, feel good factor.
Who do you support?
CCFC, oh i saw them last week, looked good against Utd, being able to talk about your team with pride and passion, being able to say we are Premier League, when your workmates cant point and laugh just because, able to see us compete and create the odd upset, could go on and on.
Fuck that i would much rather we were lumbering in the 1st division or struggling in the Championship, money isnt just ruining the game, everywhere, money and greed are changing the world we live in, rich getting richer n all that shit!!!

Only reason i can think anyone would not want to see us play in the top league against the top teams is because they have never seen us play the top teams in the top league, the feeling walking away from an opening day 3-2 win over chelsea or beating Liverpool in their prime, watching Huckerby tear apart some of the best around, tearing the champions apart scoring 5 on on a cold frosty day..............
If i can watch my team playing in the top flight against some of the top teams in Europe, fucking hell yes, turn that down based on the spoil caused by money, fuck off.
You're talking shite about standards in football. L2 isn't great but it's streets ahead of park football. The PL is dreadful, I had the misfortune to watch West Brom and Stoke this weekend, two teams likely to finish comfortably mid table. If that's the PL then we're missing nothing. Poor quality defensive bore fest.
I watched us in the top league, it was shite more than it was good. Losing games in any league feels the same to me. We lost more than we won in general then.
The other thing that puts me off the PL is the wankers who will crawl out of the woodwork. They're the sort of cretins watching Wasps at the minute. I'd rather sit next to an empty seat than one of those people.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Astute

It took me 7 1/2 hours to get to Coventry. The M6 was stationary. My sat nav took me across and down the M1. Then over 4 hours to Yeovil. Yet I just smiled when my kids spent half the game sunbathing. Wasn't pissed off when I queued up for 15 minutes for beer then couldn't go back in when the game restarted as no beer was allowed in. So I joined the queue for burgers for the kids.

I am still keen to go to games. But as said by others I don't get pissed off anymore. Maybe I am mellowing out with age. Or maybe reality has hit home.

Rory83

I think this mellowing towards the game at large is a feeling shared by a great many supporters up and down the land, EPL or otherwise.

Money has changed the landscape and the merciless rebranding of clubs to make them a more sellable business model is just one aspect of the sports demise. As for competition it's all about the champions league, which I seldom watch. In fact I probably only bother with the final. I also think there's too much football on TV and over analysis by boring pundits. Used to be we just had match of the day and a bit of football focus for our fix, now Sky has a dedicated EPL channel and a football one too.

Bristol sky blue

Looking back at the thread titIe, I made a conscious decision to join a country walking group 3 years ago and to concentrate on going on walks on Saturdays rather than watch City / listen at home.
Still care, always will, but not prepared to spend so much time / energy / money supporting City as I did in my teens / 20s. Not about 'growing up' at all, just a change in perspective.
Going to City matches in Cov is now more of a family get together with the football as an afterthought / a convenient shared interest!

torchomatic

When I was a kid I would watch any football I could, Anglo Italian on ITV, Eurosport, CCFC every week and Match of the Day at night.

Nowadays, I'm not really interested in football apart from CCFC. Not bothered about England too much either.

Same for me with the only exception being the national team. Never been interested in England or international football.

Sbarcher

having watched two family members slowly die in the last few years I can assure you it is.
Had a cousin die over the weekend - 3 months ago he was fit as a fiddle. Started passing some blood and within 3 months the cancer took him. I know we all go through this with family and it pulls you up and makes you think. I've supported City from the 60s and still have a ST. However, if the wife says let's go away for the wekend, I now agree without even looking at the fixture list. There comes a time, when the passion is still there, but it's not the key thing in life. For me it's family and friends fitting the football in around it. Hopefully it doesn't make me "less of a fan" just don't want my name read out at half time having spent too much time chasing football instead of chasing happiness........ cheesiness over!

ajsccfc

Paying to follow near enough all sport is a load of mince when you consider that you're neither guaranteed success or entertainment and it can even affect your mental health to a degree. And yet still

Ashdown

Pissed off

PUSB
You said all this last year and here you are again. Football is tribal, it hooks you in for eternity !

ccfcway

When I was a kid I would watch any football I could, Anglo Italian on ITV, Eurosport, CCFC every week and Match of the Day at night. Nowadays, I'm not really interested in football apart from CCFC. Not bothered about England too much either.

wow, i'm the complete opposite, I love football.

My Saturday consisted of.....

watched Bournemouth v man city
listening to cov game on radio
watched Man Utd v leicetser
watched getafee v seville
watched real Madrid v Valencia

hell, I even watched the Flyde v Barrow game last night. (Danny Rowe looks a decent player)

Its my passion for CCFC that has reduced over the years, not the sport

torchomatic

Paying to follow near enough all sport is a load of mince when you consider that you're neither guaranteed success or entertainment and it can even affect your mental health to a degree. And yet still

For the last five minutes I've been entertained by our cat chasing a leaf around the garden. I'm sure that will be the highlight of the day despite going to see the game tonight. However, can never imagine not supporting and turning up to see the team despite all the issues surrounding our club.

Brylowes

Foe the last five minutes I've been entertained by our cat chasing a leaf around the garden. I'm sure that will be the highlight of the day despite going to see the game tonight. However, can never imagine not supporting and turning up to see the team despite all the issues surrounding our club.
Now If you could just get the cat to chase the leaf for 90 mins
With a pint & a hot dog thrown in half way through "sorted"
Think of the money you'd save.:emoji_cat::emoji_seedling:

Nick

Administrator
Bollocks to that, get it a laser pen at night time and sit in an upstairs window while it's in the garden.

Astute

Bollocks to that, get it a laser pen at night time and sit in an upstairs window while it's in the garden.
I shine one on the wall behind where the wife sits. My dog can't resist it. He jumps over her to get to it :smuggrin: Or have him running around the room chasing it when he needs exercise and I don't.

Users who are viewing this thread