Lowest moment as a fan (1 Viewer)

steve82

I don't feel it as our lowest moment, we've all feared this was coming since October!
I'm optimistic about next year, I've looked at players who are out of contract in detail and they are not beyond what we could likely offer them or players who are on a downward spiral. There are players that are doing the job now respectfully and still something to offer there employees next season.
I just pray MR is more clued up than TM to what we can actually get on free's is a competitive side for what our budget says we can offer.

ecky

Well stick me in a ball gown and call me Penelope, but I am quite excited about next season.

Talented academy kids, a good manager and at some point we have to find our level surely.

I am optimistic we will be right up there in the top 6 or higher and therefore I am excited by that prospect.
Top 6 in league 2??
Yeh I'm ecstatic about that

Astute

Top 6 in league 2??
Yeh I'm ecstatic about that
Just like that tin pot trophy that we wasn't allowed to play in because we were too high up in the league to play in it. We wasn't interested in playing in it. Were you not happy that we made the final? How happy were you when we won it?

Yes we are a Division 4 side now. Reality has hit home. Just look at the sides we will be playing. It is mainly made up of small towns. There are going to be some great away days. We should win more than we draw and lose put together. Robins sorted out a squad that others couldn't get anything out of them. Most will be gone by the start of the season and his own players brought in. He has taken us from the bottom of the form table to near the top of it in a short amount of time. The last time we had a manager as good as him was when he was with us last time.

So yes I am as pissed off as anyone else. But to say that you won't enjoy us winning games and getting a nosebleed in the top 6? You won't be able to keep me away. If not at work you will find me and my youngest lad as far north as Carlisle and as far south as Exeter. We are going to enjoy the season. What's done is done. Let's make the most of it. And hopefully we will get promoted and hit Division 3 running like many clubs do.

ecky

Just like that tin pot trophy that we wasn't allowed to play in because we were too high up in the league to play in it. We wasn't interested in playing in it. Were you not happy that we made the final? How happy were you when we won it?

Yes we are a Division 4 side now. Reality has hit home. Just look at the sides we will be playing. It is mainly made up of small towns. There are going to be some great away days. We should win more than we draw and lose put together. Robins sorted out a squad that others couldn't get anything out of them. Most will be gone by the start of the season and his own players brought in. He has taken us from the bottom of the form table to near the top of it in a short amount of time. The last time we had a manager as good as him was when he was with us last time.

So yes I am as pissed off as anyone else. But to say that you won't enjoy us winning games and getting a nosebleed in the top 6? You won't be able to keep me away. If not at work you will find me and my youngest lad as far north as Carlisle and as far south as Exeter. We are going to enjoy the season. What's done is done. Let's make the most of it. And hopefully we will get promoted and hit Division 3 running like many clubs do.
I admire your optimism mate

I wish I could see light at the end of the tunnel but I fear things are on a downward spiral

bawtryneal

I have really mixed feelings this morning.
Of course I want City to bounce straight back and as a life long fan I will be there when it happens ( as I was there for all the relegations ) but I don't want SISU and Fisher to be part of the party when it happens. I don't want them to enjoy any monetary or other gain from any future success. Sad I know, but it's how I feel.
Wembley was a great day out and let's hope more days of the same but for me would be more enjoyable under different owners.

Astute

it took them 4 years (if they go up this season)
They are going up this season. 8 points clear and better GD from 4th with 4 games to go.

They were in a worse position than we are when they landed in Division 4. They were in free fall from the Prem. Doncaster have had a good season. Looks like they are going to win it. They went down last season.

NortonSkyBlue

Of course I want City to bounce straight back and as a life long fan I will be there when it happens ( as I was there for all the relegations ) but I don't want SISU and Fisher to be part of the party when it happens. I don't want them to enjoy any monetary or other gain from any future success. Sad I know, but it's how I feel.
Wembley was a great day out and let's hope more days of the same but for me would be more enjoyable under different owners.
Couldn't agree more, however we are stuck with the fools.

higgs

League two champions next season hopefully and then top 6 playoff position in league one the following season with George thomas scoring the winning goal at Wembley sending 44k of us back to championship football

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Astute

Were they a part of our Wembley celebrations?

I would love them to make money out of us being successful. That would mean that we have a club winning things.

stupot07

I also have mixed feelings this morning. Thought this squad had relegation written all over it at the beginning of the season, but hoped we'd be OK. Despite the turnaround we've been down for months but i still feel slightly numb about it this morning.

However, I do feel optimistic about next season, if Portsmouth go up we will undoubtedly be the biggest club in name and statue in the league and that means expectations. In robins I believe we have the right man to lead us straight back up and next season is going to be a good one.

We just need to get behind him and the lads for our promotion charge! Pusb

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Astute

That's why it will never be truly passionate and rewarding until they have gone.
We could win 3 back to back promotions under SISU and I would still feel slightly bitter.
So you wouldn't celebrate winning because SISU are still with us?

When we won at Wembley I was celebrating like an idiot. The last thing that came to mind was SISU.

bawtryneal

I would love them to make money out of us being successful. That would mean that we have a club winning things.

Okay but would prefer any revival to be under different owners
I have become so bitter I am past the point of no return with them.

oucho

Well stick me in a ball gown and call me Penelope.

Mate we don't want to hear about your private life, we've been relegated, we've got bigger problems now.

sylus

i agree,but being successful requires investment and that's where it ends for me

skybluetony176

Mine ne was a couple of weeks before Wembley when I gave up all hope of fighting our way out of relegation. That was when I took the decision not to attend Wembley something I'm still yet to regret. Actually feeling more optimistic now than I did a few weeks ago although still far from buoyant. Not buying into the we'll bounce straight back up club but not completely down at the prospect of playing in league two next season. It is what it is.

Terry Gibson's perm

I will find it strange on the first home game of the season when I am not there, but as my dad said yesterday you soon find other things to do, he was a season ticket holder and went home and away late 70's and early 80's and into the 90's but now doesn't even know the scores, but he had a tear in his eye each time we scored at Wembley

rockdude101

However, I do feel optimistic about next season, if Portsmouth go up we will undoubtedly be the biggest club in name and statue in the league and that means expectations. In robins I believe we have the right man to lead us straight back up and next season is going to be a good one.

It's exactly this kind of talk that will be our downfall. We need to get rid of this big fish in small pond mentality and wise up that the standard of football is a lot tougher than we expect. If you look at who went down last season, other than Doncaster the other three are 8th, 9th and 18th currently.

Astute

Okay but would prefer any revival to be under different owners
I have become so bitter I am past the point of no return with them.
Would you like to point out anyone who would like SISU to stay? Even they would love to get an acceptable offer for our club.

I just want this season over and the closed season to pass by quickly. Investment away from our club isn't needed. How many clubs in Division 4 have money pumped into them? Most are struggling financially. They don't have big crowds. Most get by on what was our Northampton gates. Hopefully we will keep more support than that.

Astute

It's exactly this kind of talk that will be our downfall. We need to get rid of this big fish in small pond mentality and wise up that the standard of football is a lot tougher than we expect. If you look at who went down last season, other than Doncaster the other three are 8th, 9th and 18th currently.
It isn't the talk that will do us. It is lack of support. We are a big city. Most other clubs are from small towns. We are bigger than them. Just hope we are better.

Great_Expectations

Or, the more successful we are under SISU the more attractive we are to other investors and the more likely SISU are to sell as the club will attract a higher calibre (and ultimately richer) investor.

We can hope anyway.

davebart

I admire all this optimism I really do but until we see what squad we go into next season with it is somewhat misplaced.
Yes in theory we should be stronger than the rest of league 2 but that was true of this division and the championship.
I do not expect it to be a walk in the park, Robins will have to work hard, but I think if he has the tools he can do it.

Brighton Sky Blue

If we aren't a big fish in a pond containing Barnet and Accrington Stanley then wind the club up now. The standard in League 1 is garbage. League 2 even more so. This all comes down to organisation and quality of management-budget should not be an issue at this level and if Robins is given the tools he will do the job.

ajsccfc

Be prepared for it to happen again after next season
I don't think it would feel the same if they did it again. When it happened it was something that could never actually happen, whereas only a few years later they're capable of anything now. Kind of desensitised to their shit by this point

Skybluefaz

If we aren't a big fish in a pond containing Barnet and Accrington Stanley then wind the club up now. The standard in League 1 is garbage. League 2 even more so. This all comes down to organisation and quality of management-budget should not be an issue at this level and if Robins is given the tools he will do the job.
Absolutely true, top two as a minimum should be the expectation.

Warwickhunt

Shouldn't we hate Charlton as much as sunderland hate us !!
Not really all they did was play football and did not try and smother us like the rest of the shite in this God forsaken league! We had plenty of good chances to get a second but did not take them however all it would have done was postpone it until Monday because in the end there was only one team we could catch and that was Port Vale who will get a point between now and the end of the season

martcov

We have ended - or are ending - the season on a high note. If we had lost at Wembley and carried on losing in the league, I would be in the doom and gloom club. But I am not. We have Robins who has lower league experience and had a great run with us last time. I don't know what his deal is with Tim, but having seen what has happened this year with Mowbray, and not getting assurances at his last stint, I can only surmise that he will have got some assurances this time round.

Tim must have learnt from what happened this season. He may be many things, but he is not thick. He cannot keep repeating the same scenario with every manager. It is possible to make a relatively small investment to get the crowds back and refinance that through increased gates due to getting in the top 6.

hill83

The last 2 relegations and when we moved to Northampton for me. Not as bothered this time as I've got more important things going on these days.

rob9872

One if the bigger problems next season will be whether we can break teams down. A trip to a third full Ricoh will be like Wembley to some of the smaller teams and it will be 11 men behind the ball and high fiving if they manage a result against the mighty Coventry. We all know that we're shite year on year but to others a scalp and still a relatively big club.

hill83

You say it will be like Wembley. But there's no pubs and it's in an absolute shit hole.

Covkid1968#

Well stick me in a ball gown and call me Penelope, but I am quite excited about next season.

Talented academy kids, a good manager and at some point we have to find our level surely.

I am optimistic we will be right up there in the top 6 or higher and therefore I am excited by that prospect.

Me too Otis - I haven't had a season ticket since the sixfields fiasco. But I'm getting one for next season with the lad. Forget all the bullshit ,,,now is the time to get behind them and get us back up at the first attempt.

Users who are viewing this thread