Lukas Jutkiewicz signs. (1 Viewer)

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Press confrence at 1.30pm today to confirm the permanent deal.Not heard how much weve paid but i think it'll probably be undisclosed.Hope he doe's well but 2 of our 3 strikers havent scored at chamionship level.Fingers crossed they end that stat soon.

Nick

Administrator
Nice to see another signing in a position we need strength, now if we can get King as well I can see us having a good season this year.

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Yeah,its looking alot better than it was.The signing of Carsley could be the best bit of business for many a year.Him and Samy will give us a solid base.I just think we are a striker short now and maybe a centre half,both of which Boothroyd has stated he's trying to bring in.

smileycov

Facebook User
trev, why you keep banging on about not scoring at championship level? a goal scorer is exactly that at any level, it is about knowing where the goal is, when to make the run, creating space for yourself and having the instinct to take any opportunity that arrives. i like the look of the team at the moment, we are working hard,creating chances and moving the ball around. all the team appear to be creating opportunities in and around the box. Lukas, was bought by Everton after impressing in the lower levels, he played as sub for them and i think he will love "dropping down" to the championship. Freddy can do it, he needs to get back to his best, get a regular start and he will perform again. i realy am looking forward to the start of the season now, we look good but Aug 7 is where we need to peak, not before. The proof is in the pudding, when the players cross the line against pompey, then we can see how we have gelled.
PUSB

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Can't say i'm over the moon with this signing if i'm honest, i've heard a few references from his previous clubs fans for this player one from a Everton fan saying "good luck to the guy, i would love to say you've got a good player there but you really haven't" and the others from Hudds fans saying "We had this guy 18 months ago on loan, and can easily say he was the worst player I have ever seen on loan! No doubt a few Town fans will add to this too, but he really was that bad for us! Some players can go to Scotland and look good, but I hope you not wasted good, big money on this guy" and "just to echo my fellow town fan, the first 10mins of his town career looked promising and he went dramatically down hill from there, and to cap it all off he threw is jumper at someone in the dugout and stormed off"

Maybe we have the next Kevin Kyle, i mean even he scored goals in the spl! :whistle:

Cobi Jones's Dreads

"Its the worst £1m ever spent
Expect this signing to appear on one of those football horror shows, or a football version of 'homes/trademen from hell' -
Seriously this guy is the pits"

Hahaha the latest one from previous clubs fans, think we've signed a gem here. :D

smileycov

Facebook User
Here's a novel idea........LET'S WAIT UNTIL HE PLAYS AND THEN JUDGE!!!

shall we tell Aidy not to bother with anymore signing's , beacuse no one is ever gonna please our very very fickle fans!

smileycov

Facebook User
mixed bag realy, some funny comments though!! still i am a happy skyblue these last couple of weeks. realy realy can't wait till Aug 7

Sky Blue Luke

Not too sure on this one, would of prefered a loan with King rather than a risk...

Rumoured to have paid around £200k for him.

Still, I wanted a striker, and Aidy bought a striker :rolleyes:

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Can't believe for one minute we payed 1 Mill for him, Ranson being the dealer that he is would not even think about paying so much for such an unproven striker, i think 200,00 to 300,000k may be closer to that mark still, we should give him a chance as you say smiley but the early signs are not looking to promising!

tippex9

I was going to say, you got to love City fans, but its the same all over the country.

Its "if Coleman stays, I'm not getting my season ticket"

Boothroyd gets the job and its "I'm not getting my season ticket, bloody long ball football"

"The players just aren't good enough, no passion, no pace....."

New players get signed at a price we can sensibly afford "he's unproven, can't play at this level, he's too old"

Like the previous post, how about come December we look at the bigger picture then and make our judgements.....

I think you'll find all young players are unproven till they get a sustained run to prove their worth. I fear for him, and O'Donovan, if they don't notch in the first few weeks. It'll be the Telfer treatment...... Currently the cap worn by McIndoe formerly Best. City fans love a hate figure.

My season ticket is secure and I'm giving the players and staff time before I pass judgements.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Fair assesment tippex, but as we have not seen the guy play we look to others who have for them to make their assesment of the lad up, there's a good post here on the Huddersfield Town board on 606 http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A72148629 of them giving there views of the time spent on loan with them and another thread here with the Everton fans views on the lad http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A72149574 like i said to smiley earlier everyone should give the lad a chance but the early signs off this lad are making me feel just a tad nervous! ;)

smileycov

Facebook User
yea i have heard 200k - 1mill, so who knows. RR is wiley though, so prob nearer the 200k mark i should think.

smileycov

Facebook User
i know trevor, but i just can't help but feel optimistic about the new season, i think Aidy talks sense and the players do look good,happy and settled at the moment. i understand what you mean, but we are not good enough (yet!) to attract the proven goalscorers who all generaly play for sides in or around the play offs so we have to bargain shop. sheffers, maybe king trying to prove a point and a young lad who had taste of the premiership and wants more. it may well be a recipe for success

T

TrevorsathisPeake

trev, why you keep banging on about not scoring at championship level? a goal scorer is exactly that at any level, it is about knowing where the goal is, when to make the run, creating space for yourself and having the instinct to take any opportunity that arrives. i like the look of the team at the moment, we are working hard,creating chances and moving the ball around. all the team appear to be creating opportunities in and around the box. Lukas, was bought by Everton after impressing in the lower levels, he played as sub for them and i think he will love "dropping down" to the championship. Freddy can do it, he needs to get back to his best, get a regular start and he will perform again. i realy am looking forward to the start of the season now, we look good but Aug 7 is where we need to peak, not before. The proof is in the pudding, when the players cross the line against pompey, then we can see how we have gelled.
PUSB

Sorry,didnt mean to bang on.I just think that a team who scored the least amount of goals outside the bottom 3 last season then bring in 2 strikers who have never hit the onion bag at this level is a huge risk.I dont see the problem in taking a gamble,but not 2 with O'Donovan.Dont forget that Eastwood is hardly prolific.
Lets hope they dont stop scoring.

flammablepiss

Facebook User
An ok signing that opens up some options for us...

He's still young I guess, so hopefully he's made his mistakes in his early career and will now find his form. Apparently he scored a few in the Scottish Prem, although i'm sure the defenders aint as good as those in the Championship.

As for Freddy... I say he's had a couple of seasons to prove himself and he has had his chance already. I am however going to be generous by giving him another go under a new manager.

tippex9

Fair assesment tippex, but as we have not seen the guy play we look to others who have for them to make their assesment of the lad up, there's a good post here on the Huddersfield Town board on 606 http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A72148629 of them giving there views of the time spent on loan with them and another thread here with the Everton fans views on the lad http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A72149574 like i said to smiley earlier everyone should give the lad a chance but the early signs off this lad are making me feel just a tad nervous! ;)

A tad nervous? After reading them I've already made arrangements for taking my season ticket back. Lol

Let's hope they've not seen what Boothroyd has and that he's not the Kevin Kyle he sounds like.

I think all of our summer signings are in the 'jurys out' box but I'm hoping to be pleasantly suprised. I think you'll find I cling to that every July.

:)

Nick

Administrator
I think he will be a bench player to come on and make an impact? I can't see him keeping Eastwood out of the team!

Cobi Jones's Dreads

I think he will be a bench player to come on and make an impact? I can't see him keeping Eastwood out of the team!

Have to agree with Nick can't see this guy being our first choice striker weather we sign another forward or not, for me it should be Eastwood upfront come Portsmouth if no other players are signed!

Shake_and_McPake

Facebook User
Not being funny but if we got Clingan for less than 500k we won't sign this guy for 1m, especially with our chairman! Hopefully this will be a good signing and we can laugh at Moyes for selling him! I'm willing to give anybody a go at the minute, even King!

PUSB!

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Weve got shrewsbury next in a friendly lets hope he gives him 90mins and lets see what he can do, hell prob bang in a hat trick and youll see people chnage there tune very fast or could have a bad game and people say what a waste of money from aidy. every game is different folks cant predict how somebody is going to do so lets just see what happens.

I tried to post a long thought earlier, but was denied the post...oh well.

Anyway, I'm not entirely sure why Everton would have sold him if they weren't willing to loan him out...something about a fool and his money but I hope that's not the case. Same with O'Donovan- I've been an avid Cov fan since late '97, but I've never heard of the guy...that's not a good sign, is it? I've tried to find out a bit about O'Halloran, but all the Villa fans can tell me is that he's spent the vast majority of his time in their reserves...hmm...

Only signing I feel really positive about is Carsley as we now have some great option across central midfield to choose from- it'll keep Sammy, Gunnar and Pitbull on their toes!

Also, re Super Fred: it would help if a.) he's not regularly put on the side of the midfield for which the regular in that position is injured- either stick him up front or in a kinda central attacking midfield slot, because he has some lovely touches...and b.) give him a good run of games to really establish himself as the goalscoring fulcrum of the team- his confidence will be sky high when he gets a few- I mean, look at last season's little run after the hat-trick against the Posh!

I saw that apparently Aidy wants to bring in a new CB...which I don't get, when we've got more than adequate cover already in Cranie, Turner and Grandison...but we do need another striker- if we're going for youth, perhaps we should make an approach for Charlie Austin, cos that guy can get the business done in the box- coming to Cov would be a good step for the Swindon frontman, without being too big for him, if you get my drift.

Terrier

Facebook User
Has he played for you guys yet then?

I'm a hudds fan (I come in peace :) ) - He was seriously the worst player I have ever seen in a Town shirt (and there have been some shockers!) , seemed to start playing for Dundee though but as we know, not the strongest league in the world. Gutted you got Mr Carsley though :(

Nick

Administrator
Yeah he has played in a few pre season friendlies.

He looks like he has a decent touch (I have only seen him against West Brom) but he did miss a sitter!

Will see how he does if he plays on Saturday though! It must be your kit dragging players down, Robbie Simpson was amazing for us! :D

dennyc

Motherwell Fan

Just been reading your thoughts on Lukas.

As a Motherwell season ticket holder I too said "Lukas who?" when he signed for us last year. Then negative stories of his previous loan spells (especially at Huddersfield) started to circulate and I feared the worst.

He played his first game for us away to Aberdeen in August last year and appeared unfit and no improvement on what we had. How wrong can first impressions be!!

Within weeks he got himself fit and started to score regularly. He never gave anything less than 100% and soon became a fan favourite. So much so that when he was due to return to Everton in January we were pleading with Davie Moyes to extend his loan period. Thankfully the deal was done and he stayed til the end of the season.

With The Duke in the team we managed to qualify for Europe finishing above teams like Hearts and Aberdeen. In his last two games for us Lukas scored equalisers against Hibs and Rangers. Without Lukas' goals we would have finished in the bottom half of the table.

The goal against Hibs is on YouTube and I suggest you give it a look. The best goal in the SPL last season. Yes, you are right to question the quality of play in Scotland but that goal would be a stand out in any League.

Against Rangers he stood up in the very last minute to take the penalty that secured a draw at Ibrox. Our usual penalty taker had missed one against Hibs and so the pressure was immense.

In both games, Lukas played through injury to try and get the club into europe.

As you probably have guessed. in one season he became a hero and we are gutted that we did not have the finances to sign him on a permanent basis. Not one Motherwell fan will say a thing against Lukas so that shows how much he turned things round. We have a forum called Steelmenonline and how we felt about Lukas is there for all to see.

Yeah, you guys have a great striker in Freddy Eastwood. All I ask is that you give Lukas a chance and judge him after a few games. Given his strength and committment he may be a great support for Eastwood and they could form a formidable partnership. AND If you still don't want him....can we have him back on loan please.

Great result yesterday and good luck in the season ahead. When Lukas gets a regular first team place, I'm sure a few Motherwell fans will make the journey south to take in a game.

Motherwell fan

Nick

Administrator
Thanks for the great post :)

I personally rate him, yesterday he was winning headers and bringing the ball down well on his chest and holding it up and laying it off to Eastwood.

I hope he does chip in with a few goals though as we have only really had one goalscorer every season so maybe this season we can have a few players to get 10+ :)

Users who are viewing this thread