Luke Holden (1 Viewer)

Peter Griffin

From Sky Sports:

Coventry are closing in on the signing of Rhyl starlet Luke Holden, skysports.com understands.
A number of clubs have been tracking the highly-rated winger, but Sky Blues boss Chris Coleman
spacer.gif
has stolen a march on his rivals by agreeing a fee with Rhyl for Holden.
Holden caught the eye with Rhyl in the second half of last season, scoring four goals in nine games and he also impressed in the UEFA Champions League qualifier against Partizan Belgrade earlier this summer.
Rhyl have always insisted they would not stand in the way of the former Liverpool and Tranmere trainee if an offer from a league club came in.
The 20-year-old has now been given permission to hold talks with Coventry about a possible move to the Ricoh Arena.

Another low cost gem from Cookie?

Nick

Administrator
Sounds like a good catch! I have never heard of him or seen him play but trust Cookies judgement!

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Youtube him see if anything pops up, supposed to be a gifted right winger very attacking minded and will give bell a run for his money.

Nick

Administrator
Looks like it has fallen through due to personal terms! Please tell me he wasn't asking for too much?

simmouk

Administrator
I just read on Coventry-Mad that the deal has indeed fallen through -

"No go for Holden

Coventry City have pulled out of a deal to sign Rhyl winger Luke Holden.

Rhyl have the following statement on their website: "Although Rhyl and Coventry were well advanced in agreeing terms, the player and his agent spoke with Coventry, and the Championship Club decided not to proceed with the signing."

Holden, who is believed to have other Championship teams interested in him, will be in Rhyl's squad to face Airbus UK tomorrow night."

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=458763

Seems like either himself or his agent wanted more then we were willing to give - I sniff greedy agent!

Users who are viewing this thread