Mac mini (1 Viewer)

bulko

Thinking of switching to one from my old pc anyone out there got one tried one etc?.

blitzer109

I have 2, a standard 2.3 dual core i5 which my eldest son uses mainly for playing counter strike via steam and a 2.0 i7 quad core which I use as my back up work machine in the office.

My sons machine links up to a standard computer monitor or hd tv depending on where he via a thunderbolt adaptor or hdmi cable, they are great little machines and if you are thinking of getting one keep an eye on this page http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/specialdeals/mac/mac_mini they all come with the same warranty as a new machine but you can get some great deals

bulko

yeah thinking of switching from a pc as mines old and slow like me . would like the i7 one and be able to connect it to my plasma and watch films off it when its not connected to my monitor.

im-confused

I used to have one. Brilliant little machines. They really are little work-horses. The only problem really would be the price. If it's OSX and the apple logo that you really want, then go and get one. However, there are competitors out there which do the same thing but for a fraction of the price. It's always a good idea to read some online reviews of the exact make and model you are looking at, first.

bulko

Popped in pc world liked the look of osx compaired to windows 8 im on windows 7 at the moment just my pc motherboard cant take anymore than 2gig of ram and has gone slow. So time for upgrade.

Nick

Administrator
I haven't for a Mac Mini, I use an iMac but instead of an Apple TV I got an android Smart TV box. It works really well, 1080p and streaming etc :)

Nick

Administrator
Popped in pc world liked the look of osx compaired to windows 8 im on windows 7 at the moment just my pc motherboard cant take anymore than 2gig of ram and has gone slow. So time for upgrade.

If it is just Windows 8 you don't like there are ways around it, there is something called Classic Shell that makes it look like Windows 7 :)

bulko

Had another look at windows 8 seemed ok tbh just don't know which way to go nee windows 8 pc or a apple mini mac found away of watching films though encode to mp4 and watch on my kindle fire hd. So its either apple mac mini or new windows 8 pc from eclipse.

Hackintosh is the way to go all the joys of osx linking to my ipad and iphone but without the cost. Plenty of forums to show you how to do it and the joy of building your own machine and really choosing your own spec

bulko

To update i got a WD tv live box and a WD my cloud nas drive its brilliant plays everything i thow at it waiting for the mac mini refresh now.

Nick

Administrator
To update i got a WD tv live box and a WD my cloud nas drive its brilliant plays everything i thow at it waiting for the mac mini refresh now.

I got a little android box with XBMC, works a treat from my NAS :)

Users who are viewing this thread