Maddison situation (1 Viewer)

bradwellskyblues

The most likely transfer scenario that is put forward is a sale with a loan back arrangement. The problem this would create is it would use up 1 of our loans meaning only 1 more could be in the squad,i wonder if this situation is slowing transfer aactivity

BrisbaneBronco

The most likely transfer scenario that is put forward is a sale with a loan back arrangement. The problem this would create is it would use up 1 of our loans meaning only 1 more could be in the squad,i wonder if this situation is slowing transfer aactivity

Well, I suppose Spurs or anyone else could sign a pre contract agreement which comes into effect at the end of current season and he remains our player until then, but we get the fee in advance or a good portion of it, to buy as opposed to loan players. Not sure of rules regarding this.

stupot07

Well, I suppose Spurs or anyone else could sign a pre contract agreement which comes into effect at the end of current season and he remains our player until then, but we get the fee in advance or a good portion of it, to buy as opposed to loan players. Not sure of rules regarding this.

He's contracted to 2018 (I think?), you can only sign a pre contract agreement when you have less than 6 months left on your contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

He's contracted to 2018 (I think?), you can only sign a pre contract agreement when you have less than 6 months left on your contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
And I'm pretty sure you can't do pre contracts between domestic clubs anyway.

BrisbaneBronco

Bummer

Well, as we are going to be limited regarding the amount of loans, we will have to look to sign perms. Selling Maddison might be the only option. We are in a slump at the moment, and need to find a way out, or this season will be a write off.

AFCCOVENTRY

Well Dembele is having a medica at Spurs today. One of the kids they were after. £5m and loaned back to Fulham for rest of season. He is out of contract in summer so they got him at a reduced price.

rob9872

Could always cancel bigis loan and free up a space

Londonccfcfan

Well we could try buying a player or two with the transfer funds, plenty of decent players in this league clubs would snap your hand for even relatively small sum like the 250k Wigan just paid for Sam Morsy.

Would certainly invest a fair proportion of that money on a Bradley Dack, although he would cost about 1.5 to 2 M that would be frightening Maddison and Dack just behind AA.

All ifs and buts.

Grendel

Skyblueloyal

Could always cancel bigis loan and free up a space

I wish we would the player is so over rated even the Reading scout I was chatting to yesterday said so and asked how he got in the team

mark82

I wish we would the player is so over rated even the Reading scout I was chatting to yesterday said so and asked how he got in the team

Bigi was progressing well but moved way too soon. He's stalled over the last couple of years. When he first went to Newcastle he did well in their first team. Unfortunately he's been left to rot with little guidance and no competitive football. Maddison should take heed of his teammates story.

BackRoomRummermill

The most likely transfer scenario that is put forward is a sale with a loan back arrangement. The problem this would create is it would use up 1 of our loans meaning only 1 more could be in the squad,i wonder if this situation is slowing transfer aactivity[/QUOTE

Absolute made up bullshite ........

stupot07

Well we could try buying a player or two with the transfer funds, plenty of decent players in this league clubs would snap your hand for even relatively small sum like the 250k Wigan just paid for Sam Morsy.

Would certainly invest a fair proportion of that money on a Bradley Dack, although he would cost about 1.5 to 2 M that would be frightening Maddison and Dack just behind AA.

All ifs and buts.

£250k is a lot of money in league one. Wigan are still in receipt of PL parachute payments.

Adge

People are putting Maddison forward as some kind of God who we can't live without and is the be all and end all after 15 or so games in league 1.He looks a reasonableplayer at this level but will be out of his depth in the Championship. If he would stop flinging himself to the ground at every opportunity, that would be a start. I remember Bigi being talked about the same aswell not too long ago, ahem......

Gazolba

For all the hype about Maddison, what exactly does he do for us? Certainly nowhere near what Baker and Moussa used to do.

Otis

How many games has Maddison played? How many did Baker play for us? 160. Moussa, 77.

How on earth can we compare when Maddison has played so few games and is still in footballing terms, a kid?

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Hobo

Maddison has played so few games no one is going to buy him yet. Monitor yes buy no! So far he has been a ripple in a teacup.

Astute

People are putting Maddison forward as some kind of God who we can't live without and is the be all and end all after 15 or so games in league 1.He looks a reasonableplayer at this level but will be out of his depth in the Championship. If he would stop flinging himself to the ground at every opportunity, that would be a start. I remember Bigi being talked about the same aswell not too long ago, ahem......

So how did he do before he got injured? Give him a chance to get back to the fitness that the rest of the players are at.

Hobo

So how did he do before he got injured? Give him a chance to get back to the fitness that the rest of the players are at.

People are giving him a chance. They can just see through all the hype and the fact he is not ready for the big move yet. I will pinch a Mowbrey quote, "He has barely learnt how to tie his boots."

PVA

For all the hype about Maddison, what exactly does he do for us? Certainly nowhere near what Baker and Moussa used to do.

It's more about what he could do for us.

Maddison will go play at a much higher level than Baker or Moussa ever did.

AFCCOVENTRY

Will Spurs now make a move for Madderz?
Fulham call off Moussa Dembele’s £6m move to Tottenham over loan-back. [MENTION=2194]DaveH[/MENTION]ytner gu.com/p/4ga8t/stw (Pic: PA)

Otis

Hmm, interesting. What's wrong in terms of the loan back?

What's there to argue over unless they won't loan him back. If that were the same with James Maddison, he's just going to be stuck in their under 21 side.

Wonder what's gone on here.

stupot07

Nothing on bbc about that deal falling through.

Interestingly Jordan Rhodes £9m move to Middlesborough has fallen through because they couldn't agree personal terms. I'm surprised a PL team hasn't come in for him by now.

Users who are viewing this thread