Maghoma - du du du du du (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

Pressley wants to make Brewers' winger his first signing once embargo is lifted

Sky Blues boss targets Burton Albion's Jacques Maghoma as he wait for transfer restrictions to be relaxed

Coventry City are tracking League Two star Jacques Maghoma who could become manager Steven Pressley’s first signing subject to the club coming out of their current transfer embargo.

Despite the restriction, the Telegraph understands that the City boss is pressing ahead with talks with several targets and it has emerged that the pacy Burton Albion left winger is high on his list.

The 25-year-old former Tottenham Hotspur trainee has had a sensational season with the Brewers with whom he scored an outstanding 18 goals to help them into the play-offs, where they suffered heartbreak at the hands of Bradford City.

The player, who is from the Democratic Republic of Congo, was named in the 2012/13 League Two Team of the Year and is currently out of contract at the Pirelli Stadium and available on a free transfer.

It is believed Maghoma’s representative has spoken to City but he will have plenty of offers from other clubs at League One level and the Championship as he looks to build on his best season of his career to date.

Albion boss Gary Rowett inherited the wide man, who had shown enough flashes of his talent in his previous three seasons, but got the best out of the charismatic figure who scored some wonderful goals, terrorised defences and topped the assists table, further endearing himself to supporters with his passionate outbursts via social media.

Maghoma was also voted Players’ Player Of The Year by his team-mates and took the “Golden Boot” award for top goal scorer at Albion’s end of season awards, where he was also a prominent contender for Goal Of The Season after scoring a superb long-range effort against Leicester City in the Capital One Cup.

And although Albion fans and Rowett would love to keep their key player it is generally accepted that he is likely to end his four-year spell at the club and move on this summer.

:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

pusbccfc

Looks class on youtube:D

Nonleagueherewecome

He's the kind of signing that I dream of. Exactly what we need. He's been brilliant all season, but watching him during the highlights of Burton's last couple of league games, during which they mentioned that he was out of contract, I found myself saying "oh, why did we have to be under an embargo? Pace, skill, creativity, goals, free....perfect cheeky Bosman for us!"

I also once signed him from Spurs for Nuneaton in Football Manager once :)

I think he'll end up in The Championship. He's like a superior Albert Adomah.

ccfcway

subject to the club coming out of their current transfer embargo

:D:D

He might be waiting a long time then. ever IF this "ownership" issue is resolved, dont SISU need to file accounts before we come out of embargo ?

"Its all standard business practice"

Otis

Pressley wants to make Brewers' winger his first signing once embargo is lifted

Sky Blues boss targets Burton Albion's Jacques Maghoma as he wait for transfer restrictions to be relaxed

Coventry City are tracking League Two star Jacques Maghoma who could become manager Steven Pressley’s first signing subject to the club coming out of their current transfer embargo.

Despite the restriction, the Telegraph understands that the City boss is pressing ahead with talks with several targets and it has emerged that the pacy Burton Albion left winger is high on his list.

The 25-year-old former Tottenham Hotspur trainee has had a sensational season with the Brewers with whom he scored an outstanding 18 goals to help them into the play-offs, where they suffered heartbreak at the hands of Bradford City.

The player, who is from the Democratic Republic of Congo, was named in the 2012/13 League Two Team of the Year and is currently out of contract at the Pirelli Stadium and available on a free transfer.

It is believed Maghoma’s representative has spoken to City but he will have plenty of offers from other clubs at League One level and the Championship as he looks to build on his best season of his career to date.

Albion boss Gary Rowett inherited the wide man, who had shown enough flashes of his talent in his previous three seasons, but got the best out of the charismatic figure who scored some wonderful goals, terrorised defences and topped the assists table, further endearing himself to supporters with his passionate outbursts via social media.

Maghoma was also voted Players’ Player Of The Year by his team-mates and took the “Golden Boot” award for top goal scorer at Albion’s end of season awards, where he was also a prominent contender for Goal Of The Season after scoring a superb long-range effort against Leicester City in the Capital One Cup.

And although Albion fans and Rowett would love to keep their key player it is generally accepted that he is likely to end his four-year spell at the club and move on this summer.

:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

He's 25. By the time we come out of the embargo he will be pushing 30.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

LJC_CCFC

He's the kind of signing that I dream of. Exactly what we need. He's been brilliant all season, but watching him during the highlights of Burton's last couple of league games, during which they mentioned that he was out of contract, I found myself saying "oh, why did we have to be under an embargo? Pace, skill, creativity, goals, free....perfect cheeky Bosman for us!"

I also once signed him from Spurs for Nuneaton in Football Manager once :)

I think he'll end up in The Championship. He's like a superior Albert Adomah.

Adomah is a much better player...just hasn't benefitted from playing in a god awful Bristol city team

DaleM

Wishful thinking . Shades of ALF / Collins again. He will be long gone before we get a sniff. What half decent player in there right mind would want to come to Cov at the minute with all the shite going on.

hamil99

Facebook User
Would be a good signing, right age, with speed to boot.

Even though its nice to actually talk about the footballing side of the game, it does seem like an unreal, cloudy dream in a nightmare situation.

mark82

What do we need to be able to come out of the embargo? Just submit accounts for holdings? Or does limited admin also need to be sorted.

hutch1972

I was never his number one fan when we had him before, but he's more mature now and hopefully he's learnt a bit since leaving! I'd certainly welcome him back, but don't think he'd drop to league 1

Even on his worst days he was still better than the shite we have had since !!

Godiva

If(!) sisu are highest bidder for limited, they will in all likelyhood get the Golden Share back. We could be out of administration within a month.
Maghoma looks very lively and could be a great asset, but he will have attracted attention from championship clubs, so if we get him it would be a minor miracle.

Forget about Ward ... his wage demand will be way too high.
Good player though.

Users who are viewing this thread