Mark Robins (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

was a little off with Martin Wynch last night when he asked about McNulty and Andreu. Be good to follow up Saturday with, are the club not insured against long term injuries?

What do you reckon?

Nick

Administrator
Didn't think he sounded off when I caught that bit. He said about McNulty and then that Andreu wasn't such good news etc.

No idea how it works when players get injured.

better days

was a little off with Martin Wynch last night when he asked about McNulty and Andreu. Be good to follow up Saturday with, are the club not insured against long term injuries?

What do you reckon?
Clubs normally only have career ending insurance on players
There is compensation paid when players are injured on International duty

speedie87

No such thing as insurance for injured players at clubs is there, unless it's that serious they have to retire. Then insurance can pay out and the player can't play pro football again.

Think UEFA/FIFA national bodies compensate club teams for a period of players are injured on club duty too

But don't think there is any insurance for paying out if just out injured

Grendel

Players wouldn't be insured it would cost more than the wage loss.

oucho

Yeah - by the time we'd have budgeted for player injury insurance premiums, given our record, we'd have no money left to pay any wages or sign any players!

CJ_covblaze

Players wouldn't be insured it would cost more than the wage loss.

I was. Got 6 months worth in case of a long term injury. Relatively inexpensive too.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

What do you reckon?

He's often off with whoever interviews him.

I must be honest, Robins does come across as quite a bit of a nob sometimes in those post match talks. Maybe he just hates 'The Sky Blues Live'...

Nick

Administrator

I must be honest, Robins does come across as quite a bit of a nob sometimes in those post match talks. Maybe he just hates 'The Sky Blues Live'...

In fairness, I'd probably try my best to liven up the interviews from the drab inane questions.

Sky Blue Kid

United Kingdom: Premier / Football League
In the English Premier League and the Football League, there is a different regulation depending on the fact whether or not the injury was sustained under club duty. In the case of an injury sustained under club duty, the club pays for the player his basic salary for 18 months. For the remaining period before recovery, the club is obliged to pay only 50 % of the salary.

If a player should sustain an injury away from club duties or an illness, the club will pay the players basic salary for up to 12 months. For the remaining period before recovery the club is obliged to pay 50 % of the salary.

When a player suffers permanent incapacity or when he is unable to play resulting from the same injury or illness for a period amounting to eighteen months in any consecutive period of twenty months the club shall be entitled to serve a notice upon the player terminating this contract. The length of such notice shall be twelve months in the case of incapacity by reason of a player injury and six months in every other case (i.e. car accident).

Mucca Mad Boys

Funniest was Nazon - said if he trained properly he wouldn't get cramp

For all the hype surrounding 'The Duck', I get the impression Nazon isn't fit enough to play for 90m. Fades out of games after a while and MR's comments indicate he's a pretty lax trainer too.

If we can improve him and knock these bad habits out of him, I'd like to at least try and sign him permanently. You can tell he's a skilful player.

covcity4life

Funniest was Nazon - said if he trained properly he wouldn't get cramp

true

also funny,you said on saturday nazon doesnt offer anything...... lol

i agree though,MR is clearly not happy with nazons work rate, hopefully hes a lad willing to do what the manager says

Otis

true

also funny,you said on saturday nazon doesnt offer anything...... lol

i agree though,MR is clearly not happy with nazons work rate, hopefully hes a lad willing to do what the manager says
If he can do that once or twice every game and bag a goal here and there consistently he will be well worth his place in the team.

He totally disappeared at times last night, but hats off for a well taken goal and that's what he's there for.

fernandopartridge

I know footballers have a much higher than average likelihood of achieving a work related injury, but 18 months on full pay. Lucky them!

stupot07

If he can do that once or twice every game and bag a goal here and there consistently he will be well worth his place in the team.

He totally disappeared at times last night, but hats off for a well taken goal and that's what he's there for.
Yeah, was a good goal but he did disappear far too often. Robins weren't happy with his lack of work off the ball. Can't fault his goal though, he needs to knuckle down and get fit.

Thought we played better when Biamou came on. He seemed to occupy the defenders more and showed some nice touches, beavon was quality last night.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Skybluefaz

I think it's cos he talked about looking towards the January transfer window to get cover in for Andreu, and could probably sense Carl Baker's name about to be mentioned. It's clearly too much to ask for Winch to just ask questions about the game and the injuries that were picked up. He's useless and I don't know how he continues to get on commentary.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I just think he's got quite a dry sense of humour.

After getting asked about Carl Baker for the last 8 weeks and having to spend each Saturday night talking to Stuart Linnel, you can hardly blame the bloke for losing the will to live in the media suite!

SkyBlueScottie

I just think he's got quite a dry sense of humour.

After getting asked about Carl Baker for the last 8 weeks and having to spend each Saturday night talking to Stuart Linnel, you can hardly blame the bloke for losing the will to live in the media suite!
I agree, he was initially asked about the standard of play in the 1st half and he suggested the interviewer was being a " bit picky"

pastythegreat

I think it's cos he talked about looking towards the January transfer window to get cover in for Andreu, and could probably sense Carl Baker's name about to be mentioned. It's clearly too much to ask for Winch to just ask questions about the game and the injuries that were picked up. He's useless and I don't know how he continues to get on commentary.
The same for Stuart Linnell

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread