Mark Venus (1 Viewer)

stgeorge1966

Just read he is back with Mowbray at Blackburn as Assistant Manager.

hill83

l2JHS7po8pGz94TgQ.webp

Captain Dart

Yup.

oucho

Like a little puppy following his master around...how long before Venky's make him Technical Director?

steve82

Shit.... I thought they had it bad enough with venky's.

Cannot wait to see there summer work!

Was whispered to been in for the Hartlepool job a few weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Jesus, that python should be banned from football! BBC Sport article doesn't allude to the couple of months he spent at the start of the year, trying to flog houses at Ryton. Scumbag

Sky Blue Harry H

Just hope Blackburn don't start coming in for George Thomas......GGrrrrr

Chipfat

The appointment fits the club to be honest, he will be happy to pick up a wage and take the slide down the divisions which has been happening to him and TM for quite some time now.

scubasteve

Did we ever officially announce that he was leaving?
I know it was common knowledge just don't remember it being announced by the club.

Kingokings204

I don't really get the hating for mowbray and Venus. I remember the days we were top at Christmas and everyone said they were the best thing we've ever had. Only 18 months ago. Sure they had their faults but mowbray was brilliant for us and he has people he trusts. Don't really get it.

The Reverend Skyblue

Mowbray did have a great pre-Xmas but then totally lost the plot.
He kept playing players out of position and the compulsory sub on sixty minutes whether we were winning or losing was very strange.
He had no plan b, teams had worked us out and he didn't know how to get round it. Why did he start playing the leagues leading goalscorer in Armstrong on the wing,or out wide whatever that position is called these days. He scored all his goals down the middle so why the hell change it.
We should have easily gone up that season but he screwed up big time. It won't be too long before he gets the boot at Blackburn, leaving Venus to be caretaker for four months.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

Mowbray did have a great pre-Xmas but then totally lost the plot.
He kept playing players out of position and the compulsory sub on sixty minutes whether we were winning or losing was very strange.
He had no plan b, teams had Sussex us out and he didn't know how to get round it. Why did he start playing theleading goalscorer in Armstrong on the wing,or out wide whatever that position is called these days. He scored all his goals down the middle so why the hell change it.
We should have easily gone up that season but he screwed up big time. It won't be too long before he gets the boot at Blackburn, leaving Venus to be caretaker for four months.

The sixty minute sub thing was down to Chris Anderson. Look out for a CA video on youtube and you will see him talking in an interview about football statistics and statistically the best time to make a sub. First game we played with Anderson here was Northampton in the cup and that's when the sixty minute sub started happening. It's also when our decline started. Coincidence? I don't think so.

robbiekeane

I don't really get the hating for mowbray and Venus. I remember the days we were top at Christmas and everyone said they were the best thing we've ever had. Only 18 months ago. Sure they had their faults but mowbray was brilliant for us and he has people he trusts. Don't really get it.
Really, you don't get it?

How about in that 18 months we've been relegated to the lowest league in my lifetime and their incompetence is mstoyl to blame?

SlowerThanPlatt

Jamie Clapham was assistant manager. He's now at Barnsley but only on a short term contract, perhaps he'll end up at Blackburn too eventually

clint van damme

Keiran Crowley just tweeted one of the best people I've ever worked with, good luck.

How do you embed a Tweet in a post?

Captain Dart

Academy Director is OK with him.

SlowerThanPlatt

I do have some sympathy for Mark Venus. He was a mouthpiece of the club and didn't enjoy the attention which goes with that.

Fisher on the other hand I believe quite enjoys his job and likes the attention he gets from what I've seen.

Reactions: vow

steve82

The way I see the structure was
TM was manager
JC was second to TM in a coaching capacity.
MV role was mainly the recruitment side and TM's eyes in seeing the football structure at the club though his trusted mate MV

So MV failed terribly in his job only really achieving the signings of Vincelot, JJ, Rose, lameries, Ghadzev. With the summer of 2016 the killer of his time in his "upstairs role"

I believe TM was more behind the signings of MAF, Ricketts, Elford-alliyu, Turner, McCann

JC England youth coaching background and the reputation of TM brought in the England youth players of AA, Murphy, Kent, Cargill, Stephenson

TM and MV for Andre Wright,

And the trio being responsible for Lorentzson, Henderson, Hunt, Morris, Jackson, Turnbull. Agyei. Sterry, Page, Kwame Thomas, Reid, Sordell
And right circumstances fell for loans of Joe Cole and Bigi.
Think I've covered everyone...

So MV didn't really achieve what he was brought in to do, find suitable players for league one that fit the model and move the club forwards.
I believe MV failed to adapt to the level of league one and TM too.

TW has been here 2 months and we've signed 6 new players identified with fitting the model of moving the club forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread