Marlon King to sign this week! (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I am not sure, King might "hype" wise but I dont think Laurent would be it.

T

TrevorsathisPeake

I was behind the signing,but not now if he was to become our top earner,not a chance.The chaces are his arrival might rock the boat a little in the dressing room and in the stands,but this would make it loads worse.Making someone who has just been released from prison and with the history he has top earner is laughable realy.His signing is a risk so to make it such an expensive one is pointless realy.

Last edited by a moderator:

sy79

I was behind the signing,but not now if he was to become our top earner,not a chance.The chaces are his arrival might rock the boat a little in the dressing room and in the stands,but this would make it loads worse.Making someone who has just been released from prison and with the history he has top earner is laughable realy.His signing is a risk so to make it such an expensive one is pointless realy.

I defo see where youre coming from and its a big financial risk for someone who hasn't played competitive football in so long! But i think its time the club starts taking a risk or two on or off the pitch, if it gets us back to where we belong!!!

T

TrevorsathisPeake

It's not so much about taking a big financial risk on someone whose been out of football so long,it's about WHY he's been out of football and should he realy be made the clubs highest earner so soon after his release.

Jimthor

By the sounds of Aidy's post-match interview it sounds a lot like there's talks going on.

Personally i'd love to have him here. With Platt's strong showing today, it'd make 4 strikers competing for the 2 spots. Which is great because they'll all be pushing hard for a place, and it also means more options.
And, above all, at long last it means we might have our "20 goal" man.

Here's hoping it goes though!

CovLis86

Was interesting to see him there. Again, im really holding out judgement. Its such a gamble, not just down to his past, but is the guy REALLY that good in the first place? Not to mention coming back from injury and not playing for a year now. 30 Years old who hasnt played football in a year....hardly awe inspiring even if he was Kevin Phillips or someone else of proven quality.

gouldberg

I'll put this very bluntly. He hasn't played for a year. He's scored 8 goals in the last 3 years. He's the wrong side of 30 now, and there is no way in hell he deserves to become our top earner after coming out of prison!!

Seriously, if we want someone that's got 8 goals in 3 years let's give Kevin Kyle a call!

He's no longer 'proven' at this level. The championship is a totally different league to what it used to be. He's not got many goals recently, and the fact he's wanting to be our top earner shows to me attitude problems. After stepping out of prison he should be accepting a few hundred quid a week. We do not need him!! We've got 6 goals in 3 games so far. The problem is Bell on the right. Find a replacement for him first.

All we'll get by signing him is a massive risk, a massive wage to pay each week and a split arguing fanbase. We can't be doing with that at the Ricoh Arena. I'll be sadly sadly disappointed if we sign King, he won't guarentee us an extra 20 goals, he won't guarentee us promotion. He WILL guarentee us bad media attention and a bad reputation. If he signs for Coventry City as our top earner i will be writing to Sky Sports to personally apologise to football fans for ruining the reputation of the game and if he signs full stop i'll be writing to CCFC asking for answers on why he's so much of a better option than other players around, because in all honesty i can't see how he his.

Do CCFC want a scapegoat for incase the wheels fall off this season by any chance? Because the way i see it, King is nothing but bad news.

Honestly, the club does not need this. I'm worried.

smileycov

Facebook User
why would hecome for £300/£400 a week? the fact is he can and would earn a decent wage at some other club, so i want us to be the ones who take him. If he hadn't gone to prison he would be on more in the premier league, so he is coming down on wages. However like it or not he is £5 mill striker with prem experience the wage is not too inflatted IMO.

He is not a sex case or a murderer, we may have some attention but papers look for any story any how. Aidy is no idiot he would not risk the dressing room or team spirit if he thought marlon had issues or would upset things. He knows him, wigan said he trained well and was popular amongst the team. The only issue i have, is will he score goals, that will only be proved when he is playing. i am prepared to wait watch and judge him on his ability on the pitch in sky blue....nothing more

skybluedan

i heard we are gonna sign king and another forward called ishmael millar from the baggies on loan for a year this coming week anyone else heard about millar?

Nick

Administrator
He scored against us in the friendly, he is big and strong and would be good in our team :)

Users who are viewing this thread