Martin Crainie (1 Viewer)

Peter Griffin

Close to joining City, apparently:

Cranie_2318105.jpg

Skysports.com understands Portsmouth defender Martin Cranie is close to joining Coventry.
The Sky Blues have agreed an undisclosed fee with Portsmouth for the England Under 21 international and he has been given permission to open talks.
Cranie
spacer.gif
impressed at this summer's U21 European Championship and his form caught the attention of a host of clubs.
Coventry have moved for the former Southampton youngster as they search for a replacement for Daniel Fox at left-back.
Cranie is set to undergo a medical at Coventry on Wednesday and he has been offered a three-year deal to make the move to the Ricoh Arena.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_5486631,00.html

Nick

Administrator
Looking good :) He was a pretty good player when I watched him play for England Under 21's earlier on in the season.

If he was picked ahead of Dann for England, does this mean he is better?

Let's just hope they can agree personal terms!

Nick

Administrator
I think so yeah but I think he can play in both positions.

I wonder how much we are paying, just found this:

Portsmouth youngster Martin Crainie wants to stay at Fratton Park despite shining while on loan with QPR, who are prepared to offer £2.4m to make the move permanent.

SWSkyBlue

Facebook User
I think it will be a great piece of business, I guess we will have him for a season or 2 then if we havent gone up we will no doubt sell him and make a little bit more profit!!

Nick

Administrator
So will he put him in the middle with Turner? Stick him at right back and leave Wright in the middle?

Nick

Administrator
Good to see he has now properly signed. It says on the official he is a centre half who can play right back! Happy Days :)

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Ya at least we have cover now,2 more signings or 1 and we will ahve a balanced team least hopefully now stay at the top hehe.

simmouk

Administrator
I remember being at the Ricoh for the Stewards stand briefing when this unknown guy who was obviously a new player was led onto the pitch and held up a City shirt while having his picture taken! I text a few City supporting friends to say we have a new signing but I didn't know who it was!!! Only a couple of guesses, and one of the other stewards mentioned Crainie, but I didnt know who that was so I text everyone saying "we've signed Crany!" lol.

Crainie has been impressive anyway so far from what I have seen of him and he looks like he's fitting in well.

Users who are viewing this thread