Martinez - I'm under pressure (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

Roberto-Martinez-Wigan-Premier-League-PA_2495481.jpg
Roberto Martinez accepts he is under pressure at Wigan Athletic as he looks to lead the club out of the relegation zone.
Wigan have struggled for consistency this season and Saturday's 3-1 defeat at basement boys West Ham United ensured Martinez's side remain in the bottom three.
Martinez kept the Latics in the top flight during his debut campaign in charge and is facing a similar fight during the coming months.
The former Wigan midfielder is determined to respond positively to the challenge and did not want to make excuses for the defeat at West Ham.

Under pressure

"I am under pressure because I don't want Wigan to be fighting against relegation," said Martinez.
"And I always put pressure on myself. There were excuses I could make for today, but I won't make them."
West Ham led 2-0 when Latics substitute Mauro Boselli fluffed the chance to get his side back in the game after his penalty was easily saved by Robert Green.
On-loan midfielder Tom Cleverley did score a late consolation and Martinez acknowledged there is plenty to work on.
He added: "It is quite clear to me the things we need to work on, but I was pleased with the reaction towards the end.
"It was a day of a real test of character, and that was there, but in football you cannot concede cheap goals, otherwise you are making things very difficult.
"We just weren't ourselves, and that is where the work is going to be."

Users who are viewing this thread