Match Day #6 Swansea vs Coventry (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

Swansea v Coventry City (Away) 7.45pm (Kick off) Liberty Stadium

City's record V Swansea

This is the 26th time the two sides have met in league and cup matches.

Coventry City have won on 12 occasions with 7 draws and have scored 46 goals compared to Swansea's 45.

The last league game between the two sides saw a 0-0 bore draw on January 26th 2010. Coventry City have not lost or won at the Liberty Stadium in two visits.

My Predictions

There are plenty of injury woes for the sky blues with only two Strikers available Clive Platt, Danny Ward

I'd play
Westwood
Keogh Turner Wood J.Clarke
Ward Carsley(C) Doyle McIndoe
Gunnarson(CAM)
Platt

Prediction 1-0 City with a Richard Wood header to take all 3 points

Attendance 16,000

Last edited:
T

TrevorsathisPeake

I just cant see us getting the win,hope im wrong!! when was the last time we actually went away to a decent side and picked up all the points.Hope we get a win but if we get anything i can only see it being a 0-0!

smileycov

Facebook User
trying to remain upbeat and confident, however just can't see how we are gonna get anything and i think they are free scoring at home.

2-0 loss though i hate to say it!! :(

covladzak

I'd be happy as Larry with a draw... 0-0, I say with Jim their groundsman bricking up our goal so Swansea can't score..:whistle:

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
I think it's gonna be 1-0 to Swansea because even with our full strength team it would be hard to get more than a point at their place. I'd be delighted with a draw to be honest.

I'd line up like this

4-5-1

--------------------Westwood

Keogh---------Turner------Wood-------Gunnarsson

------------Clingan----Carsley----Doyle
Baker--------------------------------------------Ward

-------------------------Platt

I think Gunnarsson could do a job at left back as he played right back at times under Coleman when we were short and as Aidy likes the full backs to bomb forward he wouldn't be left out in any attacks. If not then put Cameron and Turner in the middle and Wood out left, although Wood isn't the kind of player that can bomb forward so we might end up a bit flat like that. I just think Jordan Clarke is not up to Championship standard yet and Swansea will play on that just as Leicester did.

Last edited:

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Apparantly we are playing in this set up...

4-5-1

Westwood

Keogh Turner Wood Clarke

Ward Clingan Carsley Gunnarrsson Jutkiewicz

Platt

Cobi Jones's Dreads

1-0 Down Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Doyle was playing at the start of the season,7 points out of 9.WHY is he now being left out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Doyle was playing at the start of the season,7 points out of 9.WHY is he now being left out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah thats a good point, couple of things that are making me laugh is the fact Jordan Clarke is playing and so was Ward, now Clarke looks miles of this level maybe in two years time we can have him back after he's played some games and learnt the basics of defending, also Ward? The guy looked aout as unfit as Ricky Hatton on saturday i think i'd do him over a ten yard dash as for him playing for England hahahaha the day that happens i will do the moonwalk around in the centre circle of the Ricoh during a match whilst wearing a Leicester shirt!

T

TrevorsathisPeake

We all know that Doyle isnt the best player,but the team had good shape and balance to it,then all of a sudden changes are made,why????? i couldnt see us getting anything before the game,i dont think we will score,is it gonna be another long hard season!!!!!!!!!

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Yeah thats a good point, couple of things that are making me laugh is the fact Jordan Clarke is playing and so was Ward, now Clarke looks miles of this level maybe in two years time we can have him back after he's played some games and learnt the basics of defending, also Ward? The guy looked aout as unfit as Ricky Hatton on saturday i think i'd do him over a ten yard dash as for him playing for England hahahaha the day that happens i will do the moonwalk around in the centre circle of the Ricoh during a match whilst wearing a Leicester shirt!

Maybe Boothroyd knows he is unfit,but wanted to start him to save the club a few quid as part of the loan deal.................if he plays we dont pay do we!!!!!!

smileycov

Facebook User
Maybe Boothroyd knows he is unfit,but wanted to start him to save the club a few quid as part of the loan deal.................if he plays we dont pay do we!!!!!!

conspiracy theory or what!! HAHA
HE ISN'T FIT YET THOUGH TO BE FAIR

Nick

Administrator
He is highly rated though and loads were after him. He can't be that bad.

Although we have a habit of good players being pants for us!

Users who are viewing this thread