Match report - Sheffield Wednesday [post-match discussion] (1 Viewer)

CovInEssex

It was very much a case of a poor first half (again) followed by a much improved 2nd half (again) With Coleman making a triple subsitution at half-time.

The attendence was boosted by an impressive and vocal Wednesday following.

Man of the match? I think McPake was awesome (as per) and i'm really starting to like him. It was typical of Wood to get a goal though!!

Derby next. Massive.

Thoughts?

Skybluesy

Agree about McPake,superb! I guess a few of us would have been pleased with a draw before the game so its not a bad result.

Skybluesy

Whatever anyone might think the last few games has been a testimony to Chris Coleman's management. We would have lost this games in previous yeaars.

CovInEssex

I couldnt agree more mate. I was starting to doubt him but now belive he is one of the best managers in the league. His team talks, and his tactics are spot on.

His triple subsitutuon at HT today changed the game.

His tactics change at Leicester, changed the game. (pushing the centre backs up when 2-0 down too flood the midfield and make leicester drop back.)

Genius. Him and Steve Harrison.

Skybluesy

With the season fast coming to a conclusion im looking forward to next season,i reckon we will be competing at the top throughout the season. Are you on Facebook, we should start a group of members from here.

CovInEssex

I'll speak with Nick, the admin about creating a Sky Blues Talk group their. Thats a good idea to be fair, always nice to put a face to the words :)

In the meantime there a thread about facebook somewhere on the forum.

Like you said guys poor first half better second as per, looking forward to some of the 606 old guard coming over here, also looks like bluesy has joined now lets get Jimmy-Hill-OBE and some others and make this the place to chat for the decent cov fans out there also Facebook group, great idea put me down for that if it goes ahead!

CovInEssex

Like you said guys poor first half better second as per, looking forward to some of the 606 old guard coming over here, also looks like bluesy has joined now lets get Jimmy-Hill-OBE and some others and make this the place to chat for the decent cov fans out there also Facebook group, great idea put me down for that if it goes ahead!

Signed up yesterday pal, hhaa.

Yeah, as others have said, both at the game and on here, the first half was diabolical...then we had the misfortune to concede the opening goal...luckily Woody was in the right place at the right time tho...

It felt like 'Boo Richard Wood Day' with all those Wednesday fans! :p

On the subject of Coleman being a good manager...

why oh why oh why does he play 4-5-1 at home against a struggling team? I'm sorry, but that's just inviting the oppositing onto you? Super Fred looked out of the place stuck on the wing, I don't think he deserved to be taken off, really...

My main complaint about Coleman is that he's usually not willing to use substitutes until either someone gets injured, or there's five mins to go when the guy coming on can't make much impact to change the course of the game- it's a case of bolting the shed door after the horse has already disappeared!

Also, Gary Madine scored a goal for Carlisle today- unfortunately it was a consolation effort! :p

YousefChippo

Every player bar none played well and i truly think confidence is what made the difference last few games. Roll on next season!!

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
I think if we finish close to the play offs this season it give the players cofidence that they can realy push for it next season and be play off contenders which in turn could attract maybe better players who can win us vital games near the end of the season.I have faith in colemen rome wasnt built in a day, this season shows rr and cc plan seems to be working.

Skybluesy

A quick comparison with the league places and I say its 2 points dropped. Tomorrow will be an interesting match against Derby. We need a win.

Users who are viewing this thread