Matchday #17 Crystal Palace v Coventry City (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

Crystal Palace v Coventry - Selhurst Park
K.O Saturday, 13th November 3:00pm
Referee: Pat Miller from Bedfordshire

Crystal Palace V Coventry - Head To Head

Saturday will be the 98th time that Crystal Palace and Coventry City have met in league and cup matches.

City have won on 35 occasions with 32 draws and have scored 154 goals compared to Palace's 131.

City won 1-0 at Selhurst Park in the last meeting of the two sides on February 20th with David Bell getting the only goal of the game in the 85th minute.

Crystal Palace - 14 points (24th)

Home Form: WdLLLW

Coventry City - 24 points (6th)

Away Form: LWdWWL

My Predictions

Score 0-2 (Jutkiewicz,McSheffrey)

Formation:

K.Westwood
Keogh McPake Wood Cranie
Gunnarson Carsley(C) Doyle McSheffrey
Jutkiewicz M.King

Attendance: 17,223

Any match day discussion, Predictions please post here

Last edited:

smileycov

Facebook User
Well we need this one i think, need to keep the momentum of the fans and the club going. Not sure on how Aidy will cover Clingan though, so i'm gonna go attack minded i think.

WESTWOOD
KEOGH CAMERON WOOD CRANIE
BAKER CARSLEY GUNNA SHEFFERS
JUKE KING
0 - 1 KING

Lets get back to winning ways boys.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
im gonna say 2-1 to us platt i heard is gonna be playing so platt and mcsheffers to score. We really need this win the league is too tight at this moment to be dropping points we have to stay in the play offs.

smileycov

Facebook User
I'm happy that after 2 defeats we are still in the top 6, however looking at it another way, 2 wins and we would have put distance between us and the pack!! still new experiance this ..........happy days!!

BenInTurin

Facebook User
In a way its good that we're still in the playoff places. Shows we're not the only ones not picking up points and the rest are beating each other. City to win 2-0, King to start and score both... I think he was unlucky not to score against florist so this will be his weekend!

BenInTurin

Facebook User
I'll be on the chat for the whole game tomorrow if anyone wants to join in, if you're not going down of course!

ccfc luke

I think we really need a win tomorow. If we are to get play offs this year we will need to win at away games like palace.
Stop the losing streak, with a 0-1 win. Gunnarson to score.

smileycov

Facebook User
i'm on the chat tomorrow boys.....give the vocals a rest, lost the last 2 i attended, so giving the jonah in me a break ha-ha

SuperFred

As long as we don't underestimate Palace ,just because they are bottom, I am pretty confident of a win here.
2-0, Mcsheffrey and Gunnarsson
Anyone know how many we are taking? And where everyone is planning to drink before the game?

flammablepiss

Facebook User
Ima go 2-0 Cov as well... thats pretty optimistic though i think !
We can't have anything less than a win today, I think losing to a team rite at the bottom would knock the team morale rather hard... Lets get back to winning ways and really press into them playoff places ! PUSB !!

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
I didn't personally go to the game but I saw the highlights on the TV last night. Any time Steve Claridge agrees with Coventry City is a time where it is near enough set in stone.

Macca clearly tried to play the ball off him for a throw in, he didn't even look at Westwood yet those clowns on CWR were saying how intentional it was.

If he can play a 40 - 50 yard pass like that without looking, he would be playing for England next week ;)

BenInTurin

Facebook User
you forgot to include with his right boot Nick!!!

Saw the highlights today on Player and it's incredible, he just throws his foot at it and happens to find westy! That penalty decision as well, outside the area and not even a foul!

Disappointing points for me though was the missed chances in the first half, King and Duke really should of scored and the attitude after going 2 nil down, the team seemed to stop playing. It shows in the extended highlights on player that (not including the goals) before the penalty they showed maybe 2 palace chances, it was all city. After the pen I think we had one chance from Eastwood.

Another mention, Speroni, what a save that was from Carsley, if it wasn't for him we would have won!

Users who are viewing this thread