Matchday #19 Scunthorpe v Coventry (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

Scunthorpe v Coventry - Glanford Park
K.O Saturday 27th November 3:00pm
Referee: Craig Pawson from South Yorkshire

Coventry

Coventry City have yet to record a league victory at Scunthorpe United's Glanford Park home. Chris Hussey has been loaned to Crewe so either Wood or Cranie are expected to fill in at Left Back.

Away Form: WdWWLL

Scunthorpe

Scunthorpe are having a bit of an injury crisis and are hoping to add to their depleted squad before Saturday's game. Scunthorpe have a poor home record this season and most of their current injuries are to defenders which means Iron boss Ian Barraclough is running out of options and so hopes to add a loan player or two in time for the visit of Coventry.
Barraclough has until midday today to find any loan replacements.

Home Form: DdLLLL

My Predictions

Formation

K.Westwood
Keogh McPake Wood Cranie
Gunnarson Carsley(C) Doyle McSheffrey
King Platt

Score : 1-3 (King, Gunnarson, Eastwood (super sub:D)

Attendance: 5,257

Any match day discussion, Predictions please post here

BenInTurin

Facebook User
If we're going to be looking at playoffs this year then we need to go to teams like this and get a result.

flammablepiss

Facebook User
This is true... but if we can't beat the smaller clubs then in my opinion we dont deserve to go up anyway !
Lets face it, we should beat Scunthorpe though !!! shouldnt we ? Looking at the game on paper a 3-1 win sounds about rite :) but as they say... football isnt played on paper !

smileycov

Facebook User
I am confident this time around, maybe a poor side with poor home record and a fit defender crisis is just what we need to boost our goals tally, King may have a field day.
Hopefully we will go at em, and start to hit the old onion bag!!

Westwood
Keogh Cameron Wood Mcpake
Sheffers Carsley Doyle Gunna
King Plattini

This could be aturning point in our season regarding King! 1-3 King (2) Doyle

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
I think this is a game we can and will win, but we shouldn't underestimate Scunthorpe and I still wouldn't be too disappointed with a point at this stage.

2-1 Sky Blues, Doyle and Gunnarsson

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
We have to win this match if we dont i feel we wont be pushing for the play offs and will be mid table this season, im gonna go with 2-1 to us mcsheffery and king to score.

Pigeon

I think our boys will come out confident and ready for this one. 2-1 Plattini and Gunna!!!!

smileycov

Facebook User
Yea i'm going!! i live in Lincoln now, as Lalala pointed out it's a home game for me haha! Mind you i reckon i could break my Duck with us getting somehing from there for a change!! :D

smileycov

Facebook User
Dont think so, they are selling on the day aswell. i reckon we will have 500 - 800. hopefully few more

Coventry La La La

Scunthorpe boost ahead of Coventry visit

Two players return from injury

Scunthorpe manager Ian Baraclough has been given a boost with the return to fitness of two of his players.
Sam Togwell and Eddie Nolan have both recovered from injury in time to be in contention to play against Coventry City. The news will be welcomed by Iron boss Baraclough as his squad has recently been ravished by injuries.
Scunthorpe Midfielder Togwell has missed the last three weeks with a knee injury and defender Nolan missed one game with an ankle knock.
Both players are fit to face a Coventry side out to continue Scunthorpe's poor home record. Scunthorpe have not won at Glanford Park since August.
Iron defender Michael Raynes will be out until at least January after receiving a thigh injury at Derby last weekend.
Another player missing for Baraclough is midfielder Michael Collins who is out with a shoulder injury, while yet another defender, David Mirfin continues to recover from a foot injury and will not be able to play.
To further add to Baraclough's worries his winger Garry Thompson has not sufficiently recovered to be considered for a start, but may be named on the substitutes bench.
Coventry City manager Aidy Boothroyd has no new injury or suspension concerns ahead of the game and will go into the game looking for a win get his sides promotion aspirations a boost.
Coventry suffered a blip when they went on a three game losing run which saw them drop from fourth to eleventh place in the table, but a win over Bunley last week halted the poor run and lifted then to ninth place.
Striker Clive Platt is fully recovered from a calf strain and played for the first time with Marlon King against Burnley
Winger David Bell has recovered from a long term injury and will be hoping at the very least to be on the bench, but Coventry will be without the hugely improved and impressive Ben Turner in the middle of their defence as he continues to recover from a knee injury.
Coventry will also be without Sammy Clingan and defender Stephen O'Halloran

Coventry La La La

City Game On
Match goes ahead after inspection
The pitch at Scunthorpe United's Glanford Park has passed an inspection by referee Craig Pawson and has been deemed fit for the game against Coventry City to go ahead.

I will be on the chatbox at Kickoff :wave:

Kick off is at 3pm.

Coventry La La La

Westwood
Keogh McPake Cameron Wood
Gunnarson Carsley(C) Doyle McSheffrey
Platt King

Subs Bell, Ireland, Eastwood, Baker, Cranie, Jutkiewicz, Clarke​

Final Score 2-0 (McSheffrey 31, Murphy(og) 71)

Last edited:

Coventry La La La

9.jpg
Coventry climb to fifth

Coventry City made it a miserable day for Scunthorpe when they extended the Iron's woeful home record with a 2-0 win.Coventry took the lead in the first half with a strike from Gary McSheffrey and secured the win with a Joe Murphy own goal in the second half after a Marlon King shot came back off the post.
The win lifts Coventry City into fifth place in the Npower championship with 30 points. Scunthorpe are now one place above the relegation zone on 20 points, the same tally as Crystal Palace, but The Iron have a better goal difference.
Coventry, with 30 points are 11 points behind QPR at the top of the division, but just six points behind second placed Cardiff City and three points behind third placed Swansea.
QPR beat Cardiff 2-1 in the top of the table clash and go five points clear. Leeds played out a goalless draw with Reading and slip below City to sixth place. Derby are in fourth, but take on Burnley in the afternoon's tea time kick off.
In the Premier League Aston Villa went down at home to Arsenal 2-4 and West Brom beat Everton 1-4. Wolves beat Sunderland 3-2 and Birmingham drew 1-1 at Fulham.
In the FA Cup third round Walsall lost 1-0 at Torquay

pencil.png

Pigeon

Great match. Scunny werent really in it. Bring on the borough! 5th place, couldnt be much better atm.

Nick

Administrator
Great result. Nice to be sat in the playoffs but need to see how Derby finishes later to see where we are.

There are winning at the minute :(

Disorganised1

And Derby lose so Burnley are just below us and we're only behind Derby on GD +10 v +4

smileycov

Facebook User
Cracking support yesterday, thought Marlon was excellent. had one cleared off line and had hand in both goals of course. we didnt pass the ball as welll as i have seen but worthy winners. hopefully build on this with a win over boro and then 2 tough games reading & norwich!! happy dayzzzzz

ccfctommy

Scrappy game but I think as soon as we got the first goal we were sound really. Although Scunthorpe had a few good chances. Thought Cameron, McPake and McSheffrey were the best players. Never been that cold at a game in my life!

Coventry La La La

Scunthorpe Gate Lowest Of The Season
No surprise over low gate.
Coventry City 2-0 victory at Scunthorpe United yesterday was watched by the smallest crowd for a Championship game so far this season.

Only, 4,397 fans including 561 City supporters made it to Glanford Park on a bitterly cold afternoon after volunteers had cleared the pitch that was protected by covers of snow.

Glanford Park has the smallest capacity of any Championship club and will be even less next season when the ground is forced to close it's home terrace and go all-seater.

Scunthorpe's average home gate is 5,280 and their previous lowest was 5,185 against Bristol City.

Users who are viewing this thread