Matchday #39: City vs Watford (Kick off @ 3pm, Ricoh Arena) (1 Viewer)

CovLis86

I will take Boro equalising to keep Fester further away from playoffs. Shame not all results went our way with Preston and Palace winning, but aslong as get the points. Good day

Coventry La La La

Think after the few weeks we've had since the last game if we don't atleast show alot of fight today it could tip the majority over the edge, could be a very messy day today on and off the pitch. Saying that we'll probably win 3-0 play like barcelona and everyone will be delighted :laugh:

If only you said 2-0 you would have been spot on!

The CableGuy

Thorn Talk:

"That's how we want to play and that's how we will play"

"We needed to do something today to put a smile back on everyone's faces and it was certainly an entertaining game so I'm sure those that watched it enjoyed it."

"Our record has not been too good at home and I thought we looked a bit nervy to start with but it was a great finish from Gary with the first goal and after that we seemed to setttle into the game and I think we deserved the points in the end."

"Lukas was unlucky to miss out today as well so I was really pleased because he came on and took his chance well"

"I wanted him to go on a try to make a difference but I never thought he would make that kind of difference so quickly."

"So there's standards that we've set now and I asked the boys in the dressing room how they felt after the game because we want more of this. It feels great."

"That's what we have done - kept on believing and doing the right things. I have just said to the boys 'how does that feel?' because it is a long time since we have felt like that. They were chuffed to bits."

"I am really pleased with how we have played. We have two or three more gears to go yet. I know there's more to come."

"I was delighted with the way we played in spells. Everything we worked on, they did. It was a bit nervy at the start which I thought we would be because of our recent record here but we grew into the game."

"Everything we have worked on in training, they stuck at and as the game went on, I thought we played some really good stuff."

"We played against a really good side. Watford are really well organised and are going for the play-offs. We just changed our system a little bit from what we had done previously."

BurbageSkyBlues

Most telling improvement was the passing and keeping of the ball. If nothing is on, don't just hoof it upfield, work it around the back and make space! Oh what a pleasure to watch today!

Give Andy the job, we don't want to repeat the mistakes with losing Eric Black

flammablepiss

Facebook User
I'v been dead impressed with Thorn ! The players obviousy respect him too... whether he is a long term solution i'm not sure.
I'm thinking he may that kind of "initial impact" manager who would work well for half a season or so. On the other hand what can we lose after the all of these previous managers ? I think he's done excellent job, I'd give him a chance !

Users who are viewing this thread