Matchday #41; Portsmouth vs City; Fratton Park, Kick off @ 7.45pm (1 Viewer)

The CableGuy

After dropping 2 points at Derby (and yes, they were dropped ;)), Andy Thorn's Sky Blue Army travel south to Pompey, who early play-off hopes have evaporated over the season, but they still find themselves in a respectable 14th place.

City travel south in 18th place, playing an attractive style of football under Thorn's guidance which has put a smile back on the faces of the players and the fans. The Sky Blues are 9 points clear of the drop-zone and have a much superior goal difference to almost all the teams below them, yet there is still work to be done to kill off any lingering fears of relegation.

Coventry La La La

Score: Pompey 1 - Coventry 3 (King, Jutkiwicz, Clingan)

Formation

Westwood
Clarke, Keogh, Cameron, Hussey
Clingan
Gunnarsson, Bell
McSheffrey
Jutkiewicz, King​

I remember last time I went to Portsmouth during the FA cup last season during their difficulties with administration. A section of the Coventry stand were singing "feed the Pompey let them know it's Christmas time" Good time's :)

SkyBlue_Am

Well i predicted a win at Derby and a draw with Pompey as we wasted our chance at Derby im backing us to get all three at Fratton park with a 2-1 win King and McSheffrey with the goals

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Im gonna go with 2-1 to us if not it be a draw king and sheffers to score. if we win this thats the relegation fear finished and well just play out the end of the season possible on a high winning all our games after pompey ;)

Jimthor

I'd love to go but no way i can afford it at the mo, so will be listening on BBC C&W. Reckon we could get something out of it but it'll be a tricky game!

Pigeon

I think we'll scrape this one 2-1 to avoid another draw. King and Jukebox with the goals.

Coventry La La La

Pompey have great home form. :(

FORM GUIDE (Last six matches)

Portsmouth - Home P 6 W 4 D 2 L 0 F 6 A 1 PTS 14 (3rd best in Championship)
Coventry - away P 6 W 0 D 4 L 2 F 7 A 9 PTS 4 (19th best in Championship)

rob9872

Drew 4 out of our last 6 away. That's not bad really and I think there is something in this for us too. We can definitely score, but can we keep them quiet? Unfortunately I'm not going, so I look forward to some reports on here and listening on the radio :(

rob9872

Is that the box on the front forum screen? Does everyone have a rant in there during the game then? I was just going to lok for match reports but will probably log on if there is some live banter

Coventry La La La

Is that the box on the front forum screen? Does everyone have a rant in there during the game then? I was just going to lok for match reports but will probably log on if there is some live banter

That's exactly what happen's during the match would be great if you could join in.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Sorry to be a killjoy guys, but I'm with Nick on this one. :( 3-1 to Pompey. If anyone's going to the game, nip down to the beach and give me a wave. I'll be the one standing on the harbour over in Cowes wearing my City top! You should see me if you use a good pair of bins! (Can't get over for the game .... finances :( )

Disorganised1

I've gone for P'tsmouth to win by the odd goal (In off the ref's backside)

The CableGuy

From the BBC:

The end of the season cannot come soon enough for managerless Coventry City, who had to settle for a 2-2 draw against fellow strugglers Derby on Saturday after letting a two-goal lead slip.

That point was, at least, another step towards safety for the Sky Blues, whose dreadful results during the second half of the season have seen them dragged towards a relegation battle.

One more victory should be enough to end any lingering fears of the drop for Coventry, who are nine points above the bottom three. It would also be Portsmouth's first home defeat since January.

Pompey, who have won one of their last five matches, almost suffered a home loss at the hands of second-from-bottom Preston on Saturday. Greg Halford's second-half equaliser rescued a point for Steve Cotterill's side.

The CableGuy

Portsmouth

• Pompey have won 15 and lost 15 of their 40 league games, scoring 51 goals and conceding 51.

• They are unbeaten in seven home matches.

• They have had fewer shots on target than any other team in the division this season (182).

Coventry

• Coventry have won only two of their last 20 league games.

• They have won one, drawn two and lost one of their four matches since Andy Thorn and Steve Harrison took caretaker charge.

• City are without a win in 10 away outings.

• Defender Martin Cranie could face his former club.

dutchman

Why oh why did Bell give away that stupid yellow card when the game was already all sewn up? But for that I would have said it was the perfect performance.

Just had a bit of fun with a Portsmouth supporter in a non-football forum :D

Users who are viewing this thread