McAllister Gets Villa Job (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

26500_news.jpg
New job for McAllister

Gary McAllister will be the Assistant Manager to Gerard Houllier, it was confirmed on Saturday.
Villa confirmed before the game that the Scot who had been at Middlesbrough with Gordon Strachan would be joinng the former Liverpool boss as the new management team at Villa Park.
McAllister who had been looking for something nearer his Leicestershire home, spoke to Houllier at the Jamie Carragher Testimonial the other week and was offered the role.
McAllister, who will be joined by Gordon Cowans and Rafa Gonzalez, watched Villa's1-1 draw with Bolton and isexpected to take up his post in the next few days.

www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk

Attachments

• 63853-2.jpg
    63853-2.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 3

redsox

Facebook User
Well there's mixed emotions for you.....I'm pleased for him.......but the vile??? any other club but them!!!.....oh except Leicester and possibly Man U and Chelsea and...... you get the picture. :confused::confused::confused:

redsox

Facebook User
I'd much rather have Macca then Aidy...Sorry to see him go there.....:(

Not a fan then mate??......Jury's still out for me. I'd like us to hold on to one for a while though, we're gonna run out of candidates the rate we seem to go through them!:D

cheesehog

Not a fan then mate??......Jury's still out for me. I'd like us to hold on to one for a while though, we're gonna run out of candidates the rate we seem to go through them!:D

Agreed red. Too early to call on Aidy... Macca probably took the move to be nearer to home so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt there(but only just!).. Talking about managers from the not too distant past... I thought we played some good stuff under Eric Black.. Shame he didn't get a longer stint:confused:

covladzak

I loved Macca as a player... Loved it when he signed for us from Leeds... He came back from a career ending Knee injury and was better then ever for us.. Also as a player coach for us.... And too right on Eric Black. City really did that man wrong......

Il Pirata

McAllister was an average-poor manager for us, with one of the better squads in the league, hopefully he helps Villa to a 15th place finish.

BenInTurin

Facebook User
I have to say McAllister had a fairly good squad when he was with us and didn't do very well at all. I wish him all the luck even if it is the vile, he's a top guy. Eric Black is the one I miss, we were looking great under his management and then we go and sack him for someone more 'experienced'.

Users who are viewing this thread