McGoldrick: 'I would never say no to Coventry' (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

David McGoldrick on the
possibility of extending his loan
deal...

Mon 08 Oct 2012
Author: Kieran Crowley
Coventry City striker David
McGoldrick has stated he
would be open to extend
his loan spell at the club
after his current deal
expires in January.
The 24-year old has enjoyed a
great loan spell at the Sky
Blues so far making nine
appearances and scoring three
goals for the side.
He has endeared himself to the
City support because of his all-
action displays and has drawn
recent praise from manager
Mark Robins and team-mates
alike.
The Forest loanee confessed
he hasn’t thought much about
extending the deal but says he
would be open to it.
Answering whether he has
given any thought to beyond
January, McGoldrick said: “I
haven’t given any thought to
that really. We have still got
October, November and
December to go through and
anything could happen in that
time.
“At the minute I am just
concentrating on the football
and with the game at York
tomorrow, I am just hoping to
get some minutes and work on
scoring more goals for the club.
“But I am playing football here
and the manager seems to like
me. I am getting a great
relationship with the fans and
this is a great football club.
“I would never say no to
Coventry if something came
through in January but you
never know what Forest are
thinking. But also you don’t
know what they are thinking
here so not everything is in my
hands.
“Forest has kept in touch with
me since coming here and I still
have a good relationship with
the people down there. I think
they have come to a few
games so we will see what
happens in January.”
McGoldrick has featured in
every City game, bar the
Capital One Cup defeat to
Arsenal having been cup-tied,
since he completed his loan
move to the club and says he is
delighted to be playing regular
football.
He added: “It has been really
good so far as I am playing
regularly and I love playing
football so I have really
enjoyed it.
“I am just happy to keep my
form going and the boys have
taken to me well since I joined.
I want to be involved in every
game if I’m honest, including
the trip to York.
“For me, another game is
another chance to score goals,
whatever competition it is in. It
is a great chance to go out
there and help the team keep
the run going.
“When you are winning, you
just want to keep playing and
you don’t want the games to
stop. I think it will do us some
good and give us even more
confidence.”

hamil99

Facebook User
Smells like something Marlon said before him.. I'll believe it wen it happens. Don't get me wrong I'd love him to stay, its just the same shit every loan signing says..

pusbccfc

Tbf the noise of the 'David McGoldrick' chant after his goal and when he went off surely must have bribed him ;) :D

hamil99

Facebook User
As a 24 year old, I'd have never put him as the same age!

And he seems to have been around for years!

Yeah he stormed on the scene as a youngster then went a bit cold at forest. Seems to have found his fire here again though!

Edit. Thinking about it, 6 years is about right for how long I remember him.

Astute

Not going to say he is off in Jan though is he.

Skybluestu82

If the chaps at Forest are in touch so much and coming to see him play, I'd imagine he'd be in their future plans moving forward.

Just my opinion mind!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
If the chaps at Forest are in touch so much and coming to see him play, I'd imagine he'd be in their future plans moving forward.

Just my opinion mind!

I doubt the fans will be too keen to have him back, especially as they can buy the league now if they wanted (and the players required).

Id like it if we could sign him permanently but as hes under contract and will most likely command a fee i wont hold much hope on a deal happening

Skybluestu82

I doubt the fans will be too keen to have him back, especially as they can buy the league now if they wanted (and the players required).

Id like it if we could sign him permanently but as hes under contract and will most likely command a fee i wont hold much hope on a deal happening

Can't imagine SISU paying cash for anyone for a very long time so unfortunately I think your probably bang on the money.

If he doesn't have a chance at forest he'll probably end up at a lower champ club more than likely.

zuniga

He'd be a worthwhile investment if we're pushing the top 6 in January, plus I don't think Forest would expect a massive fee, so I don't think it's out of the question. If he keeps up his goal scoring form however I could see a struggling championship club coming in for him, which would probably end any chance of us keeping him. In a way it might be better if he continues to do well for us without scoring most of our goals, that way he stays under the radar and keeps his value down!

kg82

I seem to remember most loans we get saying they want to push their way into the first team at their parent club.

Mucca Mad Boys

He could sign on a permanent deal, last year of his contract and will be worth peanuts in Jan, 250k at most. Whether SISU will pay that is another!

Sky_Blue_Daz

How much would it cost to sign him properly?

psgm1

Banned
I was at the open day when Jordan Henderson went round signing autographs. I asked him the question would he be staying. He went out of his way to say yes if offered a contract.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but I don't remember Jordan signing a contract with Cov!

No player would say he isn't going to accept an offer with the club he is on loan with, as they have the nounce to realise that if they did, they would have the crowd turn on them next game!

This is a NON story. SISU aren't going to fork out to buy McGoldrick, and if he is scoring you don't think Forest would want him back?

Grendel

I was at the open day when Jordan Henderson went round signing autographs. I asked him the question would he be staying. He went out of his way to say yes if offered a contract.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but I don't remember Jordan signing a contract with Cov!

No player would say he isn't going to accept an offer with the club he is on loan with, as they have the nounce to realise that if they did, they would have the crowd turn on them next game!

This is a NON story. SISU aren't going to fork out to buy McGoldrick, and if he is scoring you don't think Forest would want him back?

Interesting you mention Henderson - most people moaned he was keeping Robbie Simpson out of the team.

We have signed loan players before. Remember Lee Mills - fans were screaming for him to be signed - and we duly obliged.

Astute

Forest don't see him as good as other players they have or he wouldn't be out on a long term loan in the last year of his contract. Also scoring in Div3 don't mean a player will score in the championship.

We could also only sign him if any fee plus wages don't put us over 65% of income. We could have the cash but be unable to sign him still.

pusbccfc

If we got him till the end of the season, then when his contract runs out, I'm sure forest won't be bothered to get him resigned. However much form he's on... He's still only scored 8 in 60 championship games.

kg82

Was Henderson offered a contract then?

kg82

Interesting you mention Henderson - most people moaned he was keeping Robbie Simpson out of the team.

We have signed loan players before. Remember Lee Mills - fans were screaming for him to be signed - and we duly obliged.

Most people? Really? Because whenever decent loan signings have been talked about on here he's usually pretty high up.

psgm1

Banned
If we got him till the end of the season, then when his contract runs out, I'm sure forest won't be bothered to get him resigned. However much form he's on... He's still only scored 8 in 60 championship games.

NO WE HAVE NOT!!!

His Loan spell ends Jan ! Then Forest will want to get some money for him, and SISU will not pay a fee!

If they were prepared to pay fees, they would have done so at start of season!

Grendel

Most people? Really? Because whenever decent loan signings have been talked about on here he's usually pretty high up.

He only started 9 league games for the club. I think his popularity has increased due to his spectacular career progression.

psgm1

Banned
Was Henderson offered a contract then?

NO !!

This was in the era of Ray Ranson, He had set up deals whereby he could have brought Henderson AND Jack Cork AND Andy Carroll for the princely sum of 2.5 mill for ALL THREE!

Yet SISU said No.

This is the basis I say that I hope Hoff will bring back Ranson.

Under his stewardshiup - just look at the players he was able to bring:

In NO order:

Cork, Henderson, Dann, Fox, Gunnarsson, Westwood, Van Aarnholt etc etc.!

Can you imagine THAT squad getting relegated?

kg82

He only started 9 league games for the club. I think his popularity has increased due to his spectacular career progression.

Nope, I'm pretty sure I remember thinking he was an excellent loan signing at the time. And I don't remember anyone saying Simpson should've been playing in front of him!

kg82

NO !!

This was in the era of Ray Ranson, He had set up deals whereby he could have brought Henderson AND Jack Cork AND Andy Carroll for the princely sum of 2.5 mill for ALL THREE!

Yet SISU said No.

This is the basis I say that I hope Hoff will bring back Ranson.

Under his stewardshiup - just look at the players he was able to bring:

In NO order:

Cork, Henderson, Dann, Fox, Gunnarsson, Westwood, Van Aarnholt etc etc.!

Can you imagine THAT squad getting relegated?

Then Henderson didn't lie. He may well have signed with us if he'd been offered a contract, which he wasn't. That's the clubs fault, not his. McGoldrick, if offered an extended deal with us, may take that up. If he's not offered an extended deal then he's not lying.

hill83

NO WE HAVE NOT!!!

His Loan spell ends Jan ! Then Forest will want to get some money for him, and SISU will not pay a fee!

If they were prepared to pay fees, they would have done so at start of season!

He said IF we got him until the end of the season you absolute weapon.
Also, Henderson WASN'T offered a contract so you have absolutely no point at all.

Ha ha ha.

covcity4life

if forest cant sell him in january they will take his wages ebing paid at least

also sisu have helped robins out so far,if they sell i can see them buying mcgoldrick.

Users who are viewing this thread