McSheffrey... didn't take long (1 Viewer)

Bob Latchford

Telegraph article with the headline "should Coventry City boss Mark Robins get Gary McSheffrey back for a 3rd spell"
Should Coventry City boss Mark Robins get Gary McSheffrey back for third spell?
35 this summer, and come back from a Knee operation having missed the bulk of the season.
5 assists in the last 12 games.
Will he, won't he???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Think the criteria for the upcoming season is , a commanding keeper , centre half , midfielder - reliable wingers , midfielders , regular goal scorers . if CCFC are to challenge at the right end of the division can't see Gary providing this now .

Monkeyface

It's gutting to see the Telegraph being run the way it is. My grandad worked there for 35 years and from what I remember enjoyed his time there. When I was kid it seemed like every house you went into had a copy of the CET on the table. I know times have changed but I'd be surprised to see it in anyones house now. It always covered local issues with decent journalism, and good coverage of CCFC. Now it's just a meh paper that's owned by a bigger group, employing cheap staff, and that's not really interested in its community... I'm just pleased none of the city's other institutions have become like that!

chiefdave

Wouldn't have a problem with him training with us if he needs to work on his fitness but wouldn't want him here as a player at this stage of his career after an injury.

steve82

The only benefits I can think of is he can bring experience, and be a figure for the kids coming through to look up to and set piece abilities that we don't have.. currently.
More negatives than positives about him now approaching 35 so it's a no from me.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

It's gutting to see the Telegraph being run the way it is. My grandad worked there for 35 years and from what I remember enjoyed his time there. When I was kid it seemed like every house you went into had a copy of the CET on the table. I know times have changed but I'd be surprised to see it in anyones house now. It always covered local issues with decent journalism, and good coverage of CCFC. Now it's just a meh paper that's owned by a bigger group, employing cheap staff, and that's not really interested in its community... I'm just pleased none of the city's other institutions have become like that!

I'd agree, I think even in the last 5/6 years the quality of telegraph articles have dramstically declined. Now it just regurgitates the Metro and rumours off Twitter, rather than seeking out local news stories. I want to hear about what's going on in Coventry, not that someone wrote an inspirational message on a London Underground notice board

Adge

Don't know why anyone ever rated him. Had his day in the sunshine with his big move to Birmingham and couldn't then do it in the top flight. Thorn then let him back in the door when in reality should have slammed it in his face.

SuperFred

He was shite last time we signed him,

The last season I agree he was very very poor but the two years in the championship he was ok I thought. Had clearly lost some pace from his first spell but did a decent job. Had a bit of shocker towards the end of our relegation season but overall was one of our better players that year.

Paxman II

We must learn not to do this. If you want success you must move forward and leave the past in the past. Can you tell me anywhere that has seen a player go back and do well at a club he previously inhabited? Let MR's build a side in his image and take it forward. He's a capable manager, young, ambitious and will surround himself with like minded individuals not only on the pitch but hopefully the backroom staff to. We need to establish new thinking and quickly. With a few astute signings he will have a very good squad for this league. So yes despite SISU et al we might well be in a good place albeit in the bottom tier. But then success breeds further success as the momentum builds. If SISU can get their act together and agree a new Ricoh deal that too will settle the club and attract better players. This club needs to start building stability from the ground up. It could be a very good season and then after that? Who knows once that confidence and momentum is back. Spiralling upwards rather than downwards would be a new concept for us. Just one elephant in the room that may still stand in the way of all this possible progress. But surely even Joy and her cronies must back the club and attempt to improve from here, after all there is nowhere else to go other than sell now.

The Reverend Skyblue

Adge

We must learn not to do this. If you want success you must move forward and leave the past in the past. Can you tell me anywhere that has seen a player go back and do well at a club he previously inhabited? Let MR's build a side in his image and take it forward. He's a capable manager, young, ambitious and will surround himself with like minded individuals not only on the pitch but hopefully the backroom staff to. We need to establish new thinking and quickly. With a few astute signings he will have a very good squad for this league. So yes despite SISU et al we might well be in a good place albeit in the bottom tier. But then success breeds further success as the momentum builds. If SISU can get their act together and agree a new Ricoh deal that too will settle the club and attract better players. This club needs to start building stability from the ground up. It could be a very good season and then after that? Who knows once that confidence and momentum is back. Spiralling upwards rather than downwards would be a new concept for us. Just one elephant in the room that may still stand in the way of all this possible progress. But surely even Joy and her cronies must back the club and attempt to improve from here, after all there is nowhere else to go other than sell now.
Gylfi Sigurdsson.

Great_Expectations

Ignoring the player nostalgia the media seem to enjoy, if we actually were interested, thinking practically, where would he fit in?

Last time he was here he'd lost his pace, never mind a few years on, so he couldn't play as a winger. Striking wise, again his lack of pace and the fact he isn't a target man would mean we're in a Tudgay situation where he doesn't really fit into either camp, so doesn't fit the system Robins seems to prefer. He could potentially play as a 10, but personally I'd prefer someone different in that role.

He would be committed to the club, so potentially a player coach situation might work if we actually were looking at bringing him back.

skyblue025

With 5 assists in 12 games he can still offer creativity. Knows league 2 and what it takes to get out of it. Did any of our players get 5 assists all season?
Is old though and hasn't played much last season due to Injury.
Pay as you play at best.

stevefloyd

Ian Rush, Mark Hughes

stevefloyd

McShufty coming back, NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO,NO,NO NO

KG7

If we are signing this type of player we'll drop straight through the league. Need to stay well clear

Users who are viewing this thread