McSheffrey's City best 11 he has played with (1 Viewer)

Adge

I remember Joachim doing a lot of his donkey work for him as he was more streetwise when fit. 15 goals including how many penalties? Also remember he missed a few aswell. Still, not a bad purple patch that got us 4m quid.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

2 were pens. One in a 1-0 away win at QPR and one in a 6-1 win at home against Derby. Glory years!

Exactly. I really don't know how posters think they can get away with going back in time and changing history to suit their argument. I hated Dion Dublin for joining Aston Villa, so I may as well state as a fact, that he was useless and only scored 1 in 12 of his chances....oh and the only reason he played for Man Utd in 1992 was because they thought he would be the next Paul Pogba.

15 goals from left wing in the Championship, is an extremely good contribution, no matter what rubbish you try and throw at it.

Adge

Purple patch-couldn't do it in L1 on his return when Thorn unwisely gave him a foot back in the door.

SlowerThanPlatt

Purple patch-couldn't do it in L1 on his return when Thorn unwisely gave him a foot back in the door.

He came back in the Championship under Andy Thorn.

I always thought a purple patch was over a period of games. I've never heard of a purple patch over a full season of 46 games but what do I know.

SlowerThanPlatt

He scored 11 in 19 in 03/04 and then 12 in 37 in 04/05. 15 from 43 first season at Ricoh 05/06. Then went to Birmingham and scored 13 in 40 06/07.

So he scored double figures for 4 consecutive seasons in the Championship from wide. The seasons with us were fairly poor teams lacking quality too.

Nonleagueherewecome

That's not what happened at all, McSheffrey was transfer listed with quite a few other players under McAllister. Had a good loan spell with Luton he was recalled and got a run in our team, keeping his place under Eric Black till he was (unfairly) sacked. McSheff was then a regular under Reid and then Mickey Adams, then he was sold 3 games into the 06/07 season to Birmingham. We then replaced him with Kevin Kyle and Leon McKenzie .
Don't know about the Memorial Park bomb squad

I didn't say that he was sold at that point, but he did bugger off to Brum, didn't he? It was written more in a "what happened to the side" way. The Bomb Squad of its era (my term) was the bunch of players listed by McAllister and training at the Memorial Park away from the 1st team squad, several of which Black got the best out of.

Users who are viewing this thread