Meet the Sky Blues Team taking on the 13.1 mile challenge!

Discussion in 'Sky Blues in the Community' started by SBitC, Mar 6, 2017.

1. SBitC

SBitC Member

[​IMG]
    On Sunday 19th March 2017, a team from Sky Blues in the Community and Coventry City will be taking on the challenge of the Coventry Half Marathon to support and raise money for the Jimmy Hill Legacy Fund – a fundraising initiative set up to provide opportunities to improve the quality of life for those who need it most, in memory of the late Jimmy Hill OBE.

Meet the team taking part:

[​IMG]
    Anthony Charles – “This will be my first half marathon and I can’t wait for the day. Any support and donations to the cause will be greatly appreciated. I want to show the young ones in the team how it’s done!”

[​IMG]
    Mark Hornby – “Having completed the Half Marathon twice before, it is now two years since I last took part. After a break from running, having recently started again, I am looking forward to a great challenge for a cause which will have a huge impact on our community! And hopefully I’ll get a PB in the process.”

[​IMG]
    James Woodhouse – “After running the Great North Run four years ago, I became very passionate for running. Since moving down to Coventry I have always wanted to compete in the Coventry Half Marathon and cannot wait to try an beat my PB!”

[​IMG]
    Aaron Hill – “It’s not only a great challenge for myself but to run for a great cause was the extra incentive. Donations and support all welcome.”

[​IMG]
    Steve Wilson – “This is my first chaallenge of the type and I’m really looking forward to it especially as it’s for a good cause. I am grateful of any support or donations received.”

[​IMG]
    Curtis Goodison – “This is the first time I will be running this distance. It’s a great challenge and will be a big personal achievement. To do it for a great cause gives that extra incentive too. All donations will be greatly appreciated.”

[​IMG]
    Shaun Pierce – “For someone who has done very little exercise for the last four years, this will be a tremendous challenge personally. The Jimmy Hill Legacy Fund is a great cause and I would like to think that doing this run will go towards helping to raise funds to support disadvantaged children and young people to take part in the activities that they love and enjoy.”

To find out more about the Jimmy Hill Legacy Fund please click here.

To sponsor the Team, please click here.

The post Meet the Sky Blues Team taking on the 13.1 mile challenge! appeared first on Sky Blues in the Community.

Continue reading...

Nick and vow like this.
  2. vow

vow Well-Known Member

All the best on the run!

Nick likes this.