Meet the Team – Training & Skills Officer Andrew

Discussion in 'Sky Blues in the Community' started by SBitC, Dec 16, 2016.

1. SBitC

SBitC Member

A chance to find out more about the team here at Sky Blues in the Community and what their day to day roles involve.

[​IMG]

Name: Andrew Hopcroft

Job title: Training and Skills Officer

Time at SBitC: I have just begun working with Sky Blues in the Community; I am currently in my second week. I wanted to join SBitC due to their reputation of being the focal point of the community. I am looking forward to contributing to their commitment in bringing the local community together.

Day to Day Role: My role is to oversee the design, planning, coordination, delivery and evaluation of a number of educational and personal development programmes, including the Accelerate project – funded through the Big Lottery Fund and European Social Fund; and Kicks project, funded through the Premier League.

Most Rewarding: The most rewarding part of this role will be seeing the individuals on the programme grow in confidence, develop their employability skills and become more active.

Areas for Development: Having not taught for over a year, I am looking forward to throwing myself back into the delivery aspect of the project. With this, I am keen to develop my teaching style and skills in both theory and practical sessions.

Biggest Achievement: In my first job after graduating from University, I successfully helped and motivated three expelled Year 11 students to successfully gain a place on sports college courses; with a further two gaining work-related apprenticeships.

Interests: My main interests revolve around sport, especially Tennis and Football. Living in Edgbaston, I play Tennis competitively in a local Tennis League at Cannon Hill Park. Another big passion of mine is music. I enjoy attending music events, including festivals across the U.K and events in the local area.

Interesting Fact: I am one-quarter Italian.

Favourite Coventry City Player (Past or Present): I’m actually an Aston Villa fan, but if I had to choose it would be Dion Dublin.

The post Meet the Team – Training & Skills Officer Andrew appeared first on Sky Blues in the Community.

Continue reading...

2. Houchens Head

Houchens Head Fairly well known member from the Isle of Wight

Great! A ferkin' Villa fan!