Merging forums (1 Viewer)

PearlJammer

Nick,

How about merging all the Sky Blues forums into one? People don't really stick to the proper places anyway, and it could actually make people more eager to post if there is just one Sky Blue forum. Keep the general/support forums separate, and you have a streamlined, more substantial-looking site.

Just a thought :)

Nick

Administrator
Do you mean just having the one Sky Blues one?

I thought it would be easier to have them seperated as it is easier to use and easier on the eye then.

Like with the Match discussion, I have made it so only I can post topics so there are not 100 posts about the same thing.

J

JuanDan petrolman

i disagree with poojammer, i think we should have more forums so we don't get this and that mixed up, its so annoying when you click on, for example, skyblues forum and some numpty has posted some crap about what they had for dinner or some trash about speedway

expansion is the way forward, the more sections we have the more we appeal to the general public and the more unique the site will be

PearlJammer

I'm not suggesting one big forum, like GMK. Rather, three different forums (Sky Blues/General Discussion/Site Stuff), with the Sky Blue forum having, at max, two sub-forums (Sky Blue Chat/Matchday talk). This would be modelled on a successful site like http://www.the-wolf.co.uk. Doing this substantiates one forum, instead of spreading the bases thin.

Stuff like speedway, rugby, ice hockey or whatever else could be discussed in one of the General subforums (e.g. Newbies/General chat/Politics/Other Cov Sport etc). So basically make it a "top heavy" forum, with Sky Blue Chat being the big beast, and loads of little sub-forums beneath that unrelated to CCFC.

Users who are viewing this thread