Message to Mr Pressley (1 Viewer)

Greggs

Defenders should be trained in defending, defensive positioning and attacking and defending set pieces. Not passing and running the whole team.
Why don't we create chances anymore?
This new 'style' has to be the worst football i have watched in a long time.

Mucca Mad Boys

- Defenders have been poor all season
- we create chances, we had several today, just no one to score them

Worst football you've seen? New supporter are you? Under AB, Coleman and Thorn we were worse. I also love how you assume how the team gets trained, because I bet the defenders to train in them aspects you mentioned.

I won't let facts get in the way of your rant

Last edited:

stupot07

- Defenders have been poor all season
- we create chances, we had several today, just no one to score them

Worst football you've seen? New supporter are you? Under AB, Coleman and Thorn we were worse. I also love how you assume how the team gets trained, because I bet the defenders to train in them aspects you mentioned.

I won't let facts get in the way of facts.

We didn't have that many chances apart from philliskirk and bells header, most were long range efforts.

Mucca Mad Boys

We didn't have that many chances apart from philliskirk and bells header, most were long range efforts.

Christie and Bell's attempts when cutting in.

We had chances to make chances, Moussa, for example, had the ball, shouldn't have squared it Philliskirk when he did, and he mucked it up, as I say, he was wasteful, possibly our worse player today.

stupot07

We had chances to make chances, Moussa, for example, had the ball, shouldn't have squared it Philliskirk when he did, and he mucked it up, as I say, he was wasteful, possibly our worse player today.

Christie should have also squared it to philliskirk when he cut in and blazed over...he was completely unmarked on the penalty spot.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Bell had 2 good chances where he should have done better on top of his header. Moussa flashed a shot inches wide, Christie had 2 or 3 opportunities where he hesitated to shoot, we got to the byline regularly in Christie, Bell and Wilson when he came on. We had a lot of nearly chances where the opposition were backing off and we made the wrong decision

In terms of attacking intent that was probably the best I have seen under Pressley, I felt we were dangerous through out and where in other games I never felt we would score

Mucca Mad Boys

Christie should have also squared it to philliskirk when he cut in and blazed over...he was completely unmarked on the penalty spot.

There was also another attempt when we cut in, the one that didn't go embarrassingly over.

Mucca Mad Boys

Bell had 2 good chances where he should have done better on top of his header. Moussa flashed a shot inches wide, Christie had 2 or 3 opportunities where he hesitated to shoot, we got to the byline regularly in Christie, Bell and Wilson when he came on. We had a lot of nearly chances where the opposition were backing off and we made the wrong decision

In terms of attacking intent that was probably the best I have seen under Pressley, I felt we were dangerous through out and where in other games I never felt we would score

Due to the absence of Clarke by any chance?

Sutty

That's exactly how I put it earlier. We dominated the game but just kept making bad decisions/basic errors in the final third.

I can't wait for the season to be over. It means I won't have to hear people demanding we sack a manager because he hasn't won a string of glorified pre-season friendlies.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Due to the absence of Clarke by any chance?

I reckon if Clarke was playing today we would have scored a couple of goals, not in the other games though as I believe he wouldn't have got the service. I think we looked a much better team with Bell giving us some width on the left

Mucca Mad Boys

I reckon if Clarke was playing today we would have scored a couple of goals, not in the other games though as I believe he wouldn't have got the service. I think we looked a much better team with Bell giving us some width on the left

I can't judge last 2 games before today, didn't go to them, but I've thought all we're missing in the games I have seen is a goal scorer, Clarke is worth his weight in platinum.

letsallsingtogether

On today I would agree

Totally agree only needed a goal scorer and a bit more thinking in the last third and we would have stuffed them they had one chance and scored, it was a defensive error but that happens every week sometimes you get away with it others you don't..

@richh87

Defenders should be trained in defending, defensive positioning and attacking and defending set pieces. Not passing and running the whole team.
Why don't we create chances anymore?
This new 'style' has to be the worst football i have watched in a long time.

Let him build his own team for God sake. He's managing a squad built by others with the talisman missing in Leon Clarke. 4-5-1 works when Clarke is playing, and because we've played it all year it's hard to change it right away.

Squad needs an overhaul - but the administrator will take so long we won't be making any transfers any time soon.

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

Message to Mr Pressley, have a shave and a wash!

I seen a bloke who looked just like him up ball hill begging for a bag of chips.

Possibly the worst post of the day..no, week.

Sutty

People really don't see the idiocy in giving a manager just 9 games to prove his worth?

Short-termism at it's most crazy. One of the big problems with English football at the moment.

covhead1

we should have won by a hat full today and as has already been mentioned if Clarke was playing i reckon he would of converted at least 2 of those chances into goals,
but overall a descent performance, just a shame we got nothing out of it but on a positive note it gave me a bit of faith in Pressley.

ohitsaidwalker king power

People really don't see the idiocy in giving a manager just 9 games to prove his worth?

Short-termism at it's most crazy. One of the big problems with English football at the moment.

Kind of agree with the ethos of your view... but you know when you go into a clothes shop, try on some clothes and some just don't fit....

skybluegod

We had 19 shots today? It was the final pass that was lacking today or that last touch or the confidence, prime example today was when moussa had a 2 on 1 with a defender he tried passing to philliskirk when he should have ran with it a shot and could have scored.

Sutty

Kind of agree with the ethos of your view... but you know when you go into a clothes shop, try on some clothes and some just don't fit....

I've got no problem with skepticism, and I do see why people have been disappointed with what they've seen the last few games. It's calling for his head that I just don't get. I think there are so many mitigating circumstances that we have no idea how good/bad a manager he is.

He was never brought in to get results in the last 10 games of the season, he's been selected (from what I've heard) to change the way the club goes about their football and their squad-building.

I like what I heard from him at the sky blue trust meeting, so I'm more than willing to give him a chance to put his plans into action.

skybluegod

Christe should have gone for finesse with the left foot IMO there was a defender in the way of the pass to philliskirk

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

Christine should have gone for finesse with the left foot IMO there was a defender in the way of the pass to philliskirk

And there was another one where it opened up perfectly to be hit with his right, but he went and took a couple more touches :facepalm:

Waldorf

Squad needs an overhaul - but the administrator will take so long we won't be making any transfers any time soon.

It's not administration that's keeping us in a transfer embargo. It's not filing the accounts. That's down to Tim.

Skyblue4u

I know its too early to judge but I predict Pressley to be a massive mistake in his appointment. Just a gut feeling but in true sky blue tradition I sincerely hope I'm wrong and am more than prepared to eat a massive lump of humble pie if he proves otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread