Message to seppala and fisher (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date

Grendel

So the next time CCFC are taken out of Coventry and turned into a franchise team you'll be all for it? Ya fucking knob Jockey!!!
s-l1000.jpg
Is that you making your one appearance for Stenhousemuir?

skybluetony176

Not really. For example why having beaten Chelsea 3-2 on the opening day of the season did our next game against Bolton attract a miserly 16,700?

I thought you were talking averages over a season? If I was being cynical I'd say it's like the facts (when looked at long-term) don't back up your argument so now you're nit picking individual games. If I was being cynical that is.

dongonzalos

The only difference between shef utd who will be promoted to the championship and ourselves is they have owners who are willing to invest and have a vision of improvement for their club.

Time to go SISU pay peanuts you get monkeys and the results to show.

Hope sisu are proud of what theyve done to a proud club and 100 years of history

What was your point mate before the deflector blamed 'our' fans 8 pages ago?

Astute

I still stand by what I have said on here. Poor performances do not grow attendances. Neither do constant unglamorous opponents.

There was a lady who had a couple of tickets off me for last Sunday. The lad with her kind of showed interest previously. But now he has been....and what a game to go to....wants to go again. These young supporters are our future. I think it is the first time my little boy has seen us win. That is including being 2 goals up in a game at 90 minutes and still not winning. He has seen a fair few draws. But it isn't the same.

Winning teams have supporters not wanting to miss games. But we have been perennial losers. We have STH's that have even stopped going because of the crap served up. It is depressing.

Blame CCC. Blame Wasps. Blame SISU. Blame whoever you want. But don't blame the supporters. CCFC are supposed to be in the entertainment business. There have been times when I would have had more fun watching paint dry. It isn't my fault or thousands of others if they decide to spend a large chunk of money each year on something more enjoyable with their families than watching crap football and hoping we can at least compete.

SkyblueSpecial

I'm sure we all agree that bigger attendances result in greater revenue for the club, and therefore in theory produce a better team.

So a league table should be broadly in line with each teams attendances. Bigger the crowds, better the team.

However in the 16 years since being relegated from the premiership, we have been in the top half of the attendance table every season (baring Northampton of course) yet in that time the club has only managed a top half finish a pitiful 4 times.

Certainly since premiership relegated Ccfc has enjoyed support far in excess of what it deserves.

The fans have backed the club and have been let down.

bawtryneal

The analysis of average attendances at the club will be what is viewed by "investors" and assessing "potential"

It throws up some interesting facts:

What does relegation to to attendances? - The club will have a steep decline. The decline was 28% when the club fell into League One. Is this a Sisu impact? No not really. The decline was 24% in the season the club fell out the Premier League.

A lot is made of the fact we have "potential" as when the club moved to the Ricoh we had average attendances of 20,000 plus and only Sisu have caused a decline. Not really.

The last season at H Road attendances averaged 16,000. The first season at the Ricoh the average was 21,180

Next season before Sisu we saw a (4%) decline
Following season when Sisu took over (and there was no negativity then) the drop was (6%)
Over the next three seasons the declines varied but averaged (5%) per season
So in the end we were back to 16,000 - the new stadium impact had eroded in 6 seasons

Success will see increases (new ground impact can be classed as success of sorts) but then the averages fall back again. When the club won the Cup gates rose by 39% but despite 3 successive seasons in the top 10 (including a 7th) gates then remained static and as soon as the club finished 12 four seasons later we saw a (20%) decline in attendances

As for needing a 25,000 stadium we haven't had an average of 25,000 since 1971 and the highest is 23,000 in 1978. So why would a company want to build something we will rarely fill?

Build a team first before you build a stadium.

Fergusons_Beard

When looking at fan attendance why not use Wigan,Bolton, Blackburn,Fulham and Blackpool as examples?

All shit attendances now but when they were (relatively) successful they had packed stadia.

There's a general malaise about football at the moment which is being created by the Premiership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fergusons_Beard

The analysis of average attendances at the club will be what is viewed by "investors" and assessing "potential"

What does relegation to to attendances? - The club will have a steep decline. The decline was 28% when the club fell into League One. Is this a Sisu impact? No not really. The decline was 24% in the season the club fell out the Premier League.

A lot is made of the fact we have "potential" as when the club moved to the Ricoh we had average attendances of 20,000 plus and only Sisu have caused a decline. Not really.

The last season at H Road attendances averaged 16,000. The first season at the Ricoh the average was 21,180

Following season when Sisu took over (and there was no negativity then) the drop was (6%)
So in the end we were back to 16,000 - the new stadium impact had eroded in 6 seasons

Success will see increases (new ground impact can be classed as success of sorts) but then the averages fall back again. When the club won the Cup gates rose by 39% but despite 3 successive seasons in the top 10 (including a 7th) gates then remained static and as soon as the club finished 12 four seasons later we saw a (20%) decline in attendances

As for needing a 25,000 stadium we haven't had an average of 25,000 since 1971 and the highest is 23,000 in 1978. So why would a company want to build something we will rarely fill?

Can't argue with facts G!

I don't think it's pointing fingers at fans that just don't attend anymore, more looking at our history of attendances and comparing that to clubs that have a history of high attendances.

Sheffield, Leeds, Norwich , Liverpool , Manchester. Seem to not be affected by fan apathy-they'll turn up in whatever division -Sheff teams,Leeds, Man City, Norwich all been to Div 1.

No idea why-more of a tie to club?How can you measure fan loyalty?

stupot07

How much are they losing now?
Doesn't matter what they are losing, for every Bournemouth there are more Clubs with huge debt that are nowhere near knocking on the door to the PL (e.g Forest), or worse been in admin or gone bust. Its one of the reasons we are where we are now.

And whilst Bournemouth may not be losing money now, relegation will have a significant impact on finances despite parachute payments. So while it may be "make hay whilst the sun shines", there will come a time in the not so distant future when the grey clouds will loom over them again.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

Doesn't matter what they are losing now. for every Bournemouth there are more Clubs with huge debt that are nowhere near knocking on the door to the PL (e.g Forest), or worse been in admin or gone bust.

I don't know the answer to the question anyway, but despite the so-called riches in the Premiership, the experience of clubs such as Bolton, Blackburn... us is that getting the top flight TV cash might give you the spending power to service the humungous debt you run up spending a fortune on wages etc, but it's all dependent on staying up there. Fall down the trapdoor if you're a small to middling club and doom awaits, if you don't get back quickly.

clint van damme

I don't know the answer to the question anyway, but despite the so-called riches in the Premiership, the experience of clubs such as Bolton, Blackburn... us is that getting the top flight TV cash might give you the spending power to service the humungous debt you run up spending a fortune on wages etc, but it's all dependent on staying up there. Fall down the trapdoor if you're a small to middling club and doom awaits, if you don't get back quickly.

I would imagine if clubs have any sense, they will have clauses in players contracts that means post relegation their wage bill returns to one that is sustainable in the Championship, certainly after the parachute money has dried up.

stupot07

Yep. Its a very short termist view. Interestingly thr Bournemouth owners loaned not gifted the money. I wonder how much of those loans or interest hes had back since being in the top flight.

covmark

I personally can't wait for the likes of Chelsea going "Pop" when Abramovic pulls out and "Calls in the £1b+ in loans to the Football Club/Chelsea Village... Should be interesting to see what precedent that situation sets.
This is exactly what I tell my Chelsea supporting mates. They're forever taking the piss out of me for being a city fan. I always say to them that I can't wait until Abramovic gets bored. See where Chelsea are when that happens.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Grendel

Yep. Its a very short termist view. Interestingly thr Bournemouth owners loaned not gifted the money. I wonder how much of those loans or interest hes had back since being in the top flight.

It's incredible to think they lost £54 million in two seasons in the championship. In sure it was £10 million plus in league one as well.

It's horrendous and incredible they are being cited as a way forward.

Relegation would be disastrous. It will be interesting to see the accounts this year and how much money has been chucked on wages to keep them up. I think it will be an eye opener for many.

fernandopartridge

It's incredible to think they lost £54 million in two seasons in the championship. In sure it was £10 million plus in league one as well.

It's horrendous and incredible they are being cited as a way forward.

Relegation would be disastrous. It will be interesting to see the accounts this year and how much money has been chucked on wages to keep them up. I think it will be an eye opener for many.

Football fans, especially those watching the PL circus, have become completely desensitised to money. It's literally like watching football Monopoly.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
You know some people should learn to read.

My post about Bournemouth was to illustrate that "success" was not dependent on large crowd numbers, not about advocating massive debt or losses at all. The "success" is dependent on the decisions the owners and directors make above all else. There is no set way to run a football club. Fans have very little if any say or influence be it as small or large numbers of them. Are the owners prepared to risk their money or even are they brave enough to tackle root cause problems or do they carry on regardless with no clear plan of how

Bournemouth owners chose to get to the Premiership by large interest free loans from the owners. Much of which is classified as long term not current debt. Ok so long as the money not required to be repaid - that would be a big problem

Sheffield United have arranged their finances around the owners putting in share capital rather than loans and written off £34m of historic debt. Share monies cant be demanded to be repaid easily. Issue of new shares contributes to SCMP also

CCFC have spent 10's of millions of interest bearing loan money, classified it as current debt, simply to help keep afloat, failing on the pitch and no clear plan ahead

The key decision maker for all three clubs are the owners. Each owner chose the financial route they have taken - wasn't dependent on the fans or fans numbers

There are many other variations at lots of other clubs

Last edited:

Astute

You know some people should learn to read.

My post about Bournemouth was to illustrate that "success" was not dependent on large crowd numbers, not advocating massive debt or losses. The "success" is dependent on the decisions the owners and directors make above all else. There is no set way to run a football club. Fans have very little if any say or influence be it as small or large numbers of them. Are the owners prepared to risk their money or even are they brave enough to tackle root cause problems or do they carry on regardless with no clear plan of how

Bournemouth owners chose to get to the Premiership by large interest free loans from the owners. Much of which is classified as long term not current debt. Ok so long as the money not required to be repaid - that would be a big problem

Sheffield United have arranged their finances around the owners putting in share capital rather than loans. Share monies cant be demanded to be repaid easily. Issue of new shares contributes to SCMP also

CCFC have spent 10's of millions of interest bearing loan money, classified it as current debt, simply to help keep afloat, failing on the pitch and no clear plan ahead

The key decision maker for all three clubs are the owners
And there is the problem. Their owners have done what they thought was best for their club. Ours have done what they thought was best for them. They have improved. We continue to slip lower.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Personally I think that "investment" by owners (including minority shareholders) should be only be by the issue of new shares for cash. Even further than that shares in football clubs can only be issued for cash (ie no capitalising historic losses in to worthless preference shares etc) That might make a few think before they act.

Had ARVO been forced to do it that way then the CCFC would have been showing profits 2016 and the balance sheet not in deficit - a much more attractive proposition

Last edited:

SkyblueSpecial

You're right that potential investors would analyse attendances. However they would look behind those figures rather than just take them for what they are. I.e. Try to understand the clubs potential.

Let's take the 1977-78 season that you quoted. In that season we averaged 23k. You're making the argument that a 25k stadium would've been big enough for us that season.

That figure only works if you assume people will go to each game in even numbers.

In actual fact, we sold over 25k in 6 games that season. Nearly 1/3 of all home games.

If we had only been playing in a 25k stadium in 1978, that average would've fell to 22k, and the club would've lost over 24k ticket sales over the course of a season.

The best way to plan a stadium capacity is to look at crowds for the big but regular games.

Grendel

Personally I love how some of the same posters who hold Bournemouth's capacity up as a reason why we can move to a 12K BPA and still be successful then ask who would want Bournemouth's financial model. Talk about having your cake and eat it.

Not really - if its 12,000 or 20,000 it makes no difference in terms of the spend they made - it would have still been a whacking great loss.

Irish Sky Blue

I personally can't wait for the likes of Chelsea going "Pop" when Abramovic pulls out and "Calls in the £1b+ in loans to the Football Club/Chelsea Village... Should be interesting to see what precedent that situation sets.
It is why they are not really a big club.

Sky Blue Kid

No mention of Sisu lovers.

What about the owners before SISU? Did anyone blame them for our success?

Sheff Utd / Coventry Chalk and Cheese.

My eyes are wide open pal, wide enough to see the whole picture not the bullshit, spin media bollocks that is so readily swallowed by those with sub-level intelligence.

Where was the blame when we bought Fox, Dann, Westwood, Gunnarson etc and that investment brought nothing.

Was THAT SISUs fault too?

Very true, we did buy those players, but!... Within 9 months Dann and Fox were sold, Westwood was treated abominably so walked away, and Gunarsson could see the owners had no ambition whatsoever, and did the same as Westwood..... So YES it was SISU's fault.

Astute

Not really - if its 12,000 or 20,000 it makes no difference in terms of the spend they made - it would have still been a whacking great loss.
Which is what Richardson did to us to start our downfall which ended up with SISU taking us over. But you say that he is not guilty of anything.

Fergusons_Beard

Very true, we did buy those players, but!... Within 9 months Dann and Fox were sold, Westwood was treated abominably so walked away, and Gunarsson could see the owners had no ambition whatsoever, and did the same as Westwood..... So YES it was SISU's fault.

Jeezus-Blinkered again! Fucking fake news spinny bullshit!

Actually we bought Fox AND Dann in Jan 2008

They played the remainder of that season 2007-8 and then played the whole of the next season 2008-9 playing 57 games each. Which is ACTUALLY 16 months NOT 9!

In 2007-8 Dowie won Manager of the month but SISU (Ray Ransom) took over and sacked him-replacing him with Coleman. We avoided relagation on the last day-despite losing 4-1 at home to Charlton (SISUs fault?).

Next season 2008-9 we finish 17th (SISU's fault?) and only finish 8 points above relegation. Westwood and Fox get in the PFA Championship team of the season.

Westwood and Gunnarson played out there 3 year contracts and both left in 2011.

Is that the owners fault that they left?

Let's look at that facts...
2009-10 season finished 19th
2010-11 season finished 18th

All with Chris Coleman in charge & the season after that we got relegated...

Users who are viewing this thread