Michael Folivi (1 Viewer)

shelby76

Armstrong had little experience in the Newcastle first team before he came to us! we need to feed the ball properly to the forwards create enough chances and they will score the optimum being create a enough chances in this case
True but that should be one of our young lads. But good luck to him.

shy_tall_knight

I was reviewing our striking options and forgot about Marcus, what a dreadful waste he has been, he won't have been cheap either his 12 goals over two and a half seasons, the previous 4 seasons he just managed 19 goals averaging 4/5 goals can't really be considered a striker.

lifeskyblue

I was reviewing our striking options and forgot about Marcus, what a dreadful waste he has been, he won't have been cheap either his 12 goals over two and a half seasons, the previous 4 seasons he just managed 19 goals averaging 4/5 goals can't really be considered a striker.

You might have forgotten tudgay but unfortunately he is at the front of spades mind

PUSB

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I'll tell you right now and you can come back and quote me later....

Tudgay will score the winning goal in the EFL Trophy final and forever be immortalised as a Sky Blues legend.

I reckon Ruben is lined up for that scenario. Thought that's why certain fans continue to sing his name despite him not being very good? Just to get the practice in? :)

Randeep94

If we had a striker that was ready for 1st team action he would already be in the 1st team. Yet you are comparing them with a player who is on the fringes of 1st team football for a Premiership side.

Did you say that about Sambou as well? Give them opportunities to play is all I'm saying, based on progress he has made since coming here I would at least give him the opportunity to come off the bench in a Cup game and then see what progresses from there. Whether someone is ready or not is opinion based, until you have actually played him you will never know.

Astute

Did you say that about Sambou as well? Give them opportunities to play is all I'm saying, based on progress he has made since coming here I would at least give him the opportunity to come off the bench in a Cup game and then see what progresses from there. Whether someone is ready or not is opinion based, until you have actually played him you will never know.
Our manager will have a much better idea who is ready and who isn't.

1966skyblue

Word from City fans who have been and watched the academy players have said Ponticheli is not quite ready yet for first team football.
Yep, decent player but other midfielders and defenders are better prospects. Loads of creativity from midfield hence he gets lots of chances.

shelby76

pontichelli only just come into the academy system not been here from u8 so what, there is something special there thats for sure and it's gonna come might be a rough diamond but he scores.

Last edited:

Otis

pontichelli only just come into the academy system not been here from u8 so what, there is something special there thats for sure and it's gonna come might be a rough diamond but he scores.
Yep, didn't he come from the Strachan foundation scheme thing?

He might well be behind in the pecking order for now.

Nonleagueherewecome

Please be the new Armstrong, please be the new Armstrong, please be the new Armstrong...starting with a trademark brace on Saturday please, Michael!

eastwoodsdustman

Yep, didn't he come from the Strachan foundation scheme thing?

He might well be behind in the pecking order for now.

The club did watch him a few times in the Coventry minor league and did nothing to progress it. He went to Strachan's and someone tipped the club off that other clubs were interested in him and the club took him straight on.
Does make you wonder what the scouts are doing at junior level. Apparently they wont look at anyone who's 16 or 17 unless they've been in an academy previously!

Nonleagueherewecome

The club did watch him a few times in the Coventry minor league and did nothing to progress it. He went to Strachan's and someone tipped the club off that other clubs were interested in him and the club took him straight on.
Does make you wonder what the scouts are doing at junior level. Apparently they wont look at anyone who's 16 or 17 unless they've been in an academy previously!
Same goes for some of the non-league gems around our area, from Macolm Christie to Andre Gray. There is talent down there. We used to be great at snapping them up-Pearce (Stu and Andy), Flynn, Busst etc. and of course Stokes, probably our best signing in the past 5 years. I know they weren't all the best in quality but we made a profit on them all bar Busst and he was really coming into his own until his injury. And a center back pairing of the quality of Busst and Pearce would be way better than anything we've seen recently at the club.

Rodders1

As much as I was/am disappointed by the transfer window - one point of optimism.

I loaned Folivi on football manager to city and he banged the goals in! Fingers crossed.

higgs

As long as there are straws there to grab we have hope although it's running out by the game :(

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hobo

Our manager will have a much better idea who is ready and who isn't.

You mean seeing them them train everyday gives more knowledge about a player than the fan who has never seen them kick a ball?

Gazolba

In our last game, we had one shot on target in 90 minutes. With one shot, it does not matter who our strikers are, we aren't going to win games.
If Sordell and Agyei could not do it, how will a raw, unproven 18-year old?
All I'm expecting is a few momentary glimpses of potential and a goal or two in the 20 or so remaining games. Relegation is a certainty.

Last edited:

Great_Expectations

In our last game, we had one shot on target in 90 minutes. With one shot, it does not matter who our strikers are, we aren't going to win games.
If Sordell and Agyei could not do it, how will a raw, unproven 18-year old?
All I'm expecting is a few momentary glimpses of potential and a goal or two in the 20 or so remaining games. Relegation is a certainty.

Isn't your post a little contradictory:

'We had one shot on target' followed by 'it doesn't matter who our strikers are' - isn't that pretty much the main point of a striker?

And in all fairness, Agyei is one of the worst strikers I have ever seen, while Sordell was never actually played up front!

Gazolba

Isn't your post a little contradictory:

'We had one shot on target' followed by 'it doesn't matter who our strikers are' - isn't that pretty much the main point of a striker?

And in all fairness, Agyei is one of the worst strikers I have ever seen, while Sordell was never actually played up front!
My point was our strikers are not getting the ball, so it doesn't matter who they are.

Gazolba

All it takes is one chance to win a game

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
For us or them. The problem is we are giving away a lot more chances than we are making for ourselves.

Astute

You mean seeing them them train everyday gives more knowledge about a player than the fan who has never seen them kick a ball?
A player that can't get into our first team in Division 3 against a player who has started a Prem game and is highly regarded?

Great_Expectations

My point was our strikers are not getting the ball, so it doesn't matter who they are.

I thought that might be the point, but your post definitely didn't read that way. Referencing strikers instead of midfielders probably confused the issue.

I agree though - our wingers are all awful.

Users who are viewing this thread